Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Requesting pictures of female members & Harassing Members

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Exclamation Requesting pictures of female members & Harassing Members

If you do it you will be almost guaranteed "the ban".

I have tried, hoped even that maturity would take over and eventually "those" would realize the error of their ways, but it is obvious that pipe dream will never come to fruition.

So... from here on forward, any attempts to harass, embarass, single-out or otherwise draw any unwanted negative attention towards members will be dealt with in a much more severe manner, "Do not pass go, do not collect $200... process straight to BAN!" Do not try and play in the "gray" area of the law either, because how you interpret it and how the administration interpret it could be two VERY different things.

See rules... these are nothing new, but now will be enforced with a much higher regard for the person who feels harassed or singled out. As always, the administrative staff reserves the right to interpret the rules how we best feel will benefit the forum the most.

DON'T ATTACK EACH OTHER
    Because this is so important, we'll say it again: Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack. Harassing, offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful or bashing communications -- especially those aimed at sexual orientation, gender, race, color, religious views, national origin, or disability -- will not be permitted. BEFORE you post a message that is intended to embarrass, humiliate or harass another person or group of people, stop and THINK first! Harassing communications are considered to be those that may cause distress, embarrassment, unwanted attention or other discomfort. It will not be tolerated!
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

maffoo is offline HëÐõÑï§Tï¢ Ïmmørälît¥©
    My Cars
    Dirty ol' Subaru
    thank you !
    i was disgusted at what happened today
    bf.c OT Motorcycle club member #7 because we can, & will, take you in the twisties

My Cars
    2007 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by maffoo View Post
    thank you !
    i was disgusted at what happened today
    What happened mang?

maffoo is offline HëÐõÑï§Tï¢ Ïmmørälît¥©
    My Cars
    Dirty ol' Subaru
    member was harrased
    nuff said
    bf.c OT Motorcycle club member #7 because we can, & will, take you in the twisties

My Cars
    1998 E36 323i
    I don't post here very much, but I read through the forums all the time.

There have been times when personal arguements take over from the origonal point of the thread, and an interesting (often informative) read is ruined by what appears to be a couple of kids.

So I'll be glad to see stronger action taken on personal attacks of any sort.

My Cars
    Wrangler, Jetta TDI
    I never would have thought the day would come when this would be a problem.

Hopefully it will cause change and/or be enforceable.

My Cars
    2016 M4
    I have to, gulp, agree with Kev. Its old, if you want a pic, send a PM, and if a female person does post a pic, she just gets harassed. Kind of funny at first, but now its just old and stupid.

Then you hear the complaint, gee whiz, why aren't there any women on this forum...who are probably a better source of info for emo girl threads than your pimply 17 year old bretheren.

My Cars
    That
    What if two members are making fun of eachother, but when it comes down to it both of them know theyre just kidding and it's all in good fun?

That's what most of this is. Except what happened earlier was pretty childiss.

My Cars
    2010 Hyundai i30
    What happens if someone sends an offensive PM to another member??

My Cars
    I do not drive, I ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by dryle View Post
    What happens if someone sends an offensive PM to another member??
    nothin, you just read it, delete it and go on...

Trust me it works... it just takes time to come over sometimes....

My Cars
    N/A
    How about a parked list at the top of OT with all the current suspensions listed with their infractions.

Sort of a Rogues Gallery of BF.c Public dock sort of thing.

I think seeing names and suspensions in red at the top each time would be a refreshing reminder to keep it civil. OT has had some real gems come up from time to time, but there's way too much personal aggrivation and off-the-cuff zingers and insults going on to make anyone feel like actually engaging in real dialectics.

Just a thought.
    -Steve

Do you like large cats?

My Cars
    stuff
    Females have members?

Never mind. I'm with Kev on this one. It also makes the forum look ridiculously desperate when people post stuff like that.

My Cars
    BMW/Jeep/Ducati
    Yeah...I agree with Kev...no point in blasting female members...unless they are really, really hot.

I'm still waiting for SB to post with her wizard hat on.

What about asking doodz for pics?

In all seriousness...good rule.

My Cars
    '22 X3
    Good rule Kev.

I'm still gonna PM SB

My Cars
    '05 Ram 1500
    It seems every time I report something offensive on the forums, I never see any action.

Now I can understand nothing happening to someone if no administrative members see it, but what about when something is actually REPORTED?

How can it be made any clearer to the administrative staff?

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...3&postcount=28

Don't mean to call you out, Kev, but I didn't want to add yet another message to your PM box.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    1. All the admins/mods don't read every reported post... reported posts normally go to mods in charge of that area.

2. Just because you don't see any action taken does not mean that we did not handle the matter ...
    a) it may have been resolved privately
    b) we may have adjusted the person's account as necessary
    c) some middle ground was reached

Don't take for granted that because a red user title did not pop up under their username that nothing was done.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    BMW/Jeep/Ducati

See ya later, sirius...hilarious post, though!

Come back when you do a tranny swap!

My Cars
    on daily
    good rule

My Cars
    08 zx6r
    What about photoshops IE all the mitch ones and BrandonPturner ones?

Those get pretty funny, yet are personal attacks in a way.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Those will have to stop too... since people don't know when to "draw the line" we will have to put a stop to all of them. As always, it is up to the administration to make the final call and use our discretion to do so.

My Cars
    1995 m3, ninja 500r
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnarDanskjold View Post
    How about a parked list at the top of OT with all the current suspensions listed with their infractions.

Sort of a Rogues Gallery of BF.c Public dock sort of thing.

I think seeing names and suspensions in red at the top each time would be a refreshing reminder to keep it civil. OT has had some real gems come up from time to time, but there's way too much personal aggrivation and off-the-cuff zingers and insults going on to make anyone feel like actually engaging in real dialectics.

Just a thought.
    i like this idea as well.

My Cars
    '92 Honda Civic VX
    Kevlar, can't you insert a Banned List script into the board?

My Cars
    Toyota Broquoia
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavus View Post
    i like this idea as well.
    Mod should also edit the post in question to add "User was banned for this post" or something along those lines.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe240sx View Post
    Kevlar, can't you insert a Banned List script into the board?
    I don't think anybody is going to browse through the 1200 members that we currently have banned but I will see what can be done.

My Cars
    1995 m3, ninja 500r
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I don't think anybody is going to browse through the 1200 members that we currently have banned but I will see what can be done.
    can you sort the list into reasons why they were banned? (assuming that there are reasons for all of them).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast