Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546
Results 1,126 to 1,138 of 1138

Thread: Watch the build-up of a Vorshlag E36 LS1

My Cars
    95 M3, 15 Golf TDI wagon
    Can you post pictures of them? Id like to see what Mason's control arms look like.

Thanks!

-WTB: OEM Class 2 LTW GT wing with risers- Mazak

Fair is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    E36 M3, E36 LS1, E30 318
    Quote Originally Posted by 3literheater View Post
    Can you post pictures of them? Id like to see what Mason's control arms look like.

Thanks!
    You got it:

Terry Fair @ Vorshlag Motorsports

My Cars
    are a waste of money
    ^Was that a special "one off" as I don't see it on his website.

My Cars
    2001 Z3 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fair View Post
    The E30 I bought 2 days ago is going to be built for something completely different. Once we have test fit the V8 I'm picking up tomorrow, and we know if its gonna fit (and if it does, we'll make a kit), then I'll start the official build thread in this Engine Conversion forum. Its not an LS1.
    Thanks guys.
    Supercharged LS9 FTW
    Sean D

08 Cadillac CTS
    06 Toyota Prius

RIP Little Brother 12/09/80 - 09/07/06
    98 ///M3 RIP
    06 Escalade RIP

My Cars
    hunting for the next
    Quote Originally Posted by Fair View Post
    You got it:

Does Vorshlag not carry these anymore?

My Cars
    are a waste of money
    ^Did they ever?

My Cars
    Factory Five Racing Cobra
    Well that was a bargain, 25k! For such a nicely built and well developed race car I would have expected quite a bit more.

My Cars
    are a waste of money
    I'm more surprised it actually sold on Ebay. That is, the reserve wasn't much higher so it was going to be more for advertisement unless the high reserve was actually met. The fees will be a killer.

My Cars
    96 328is 6.0L
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent 930 View Post
    The fees will be a killer.
    What fees will be a killer $250 or so is a killer?
    - 96 328is 6.0L. (LS1 to LS2 build thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ad.php?2098938)
    - 96 328is 5.7L. (LS1 build thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1289987)
    - 95 ///M3 6.0L. (LS2 build thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1619249)

- 97 ///M3. (e46 Fender Flares/track car build thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1727098)
    - 96 328is (Dual Fuel Pump to Surge Tank thread: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...ad.php?1964025)

My Cars
    94 530ia, 06 C6 Vert
    Well bought!

My Cars
    95 M3 6.0 Litre
    Who is a new lucky owner?

My Cars
    are a waste of money
    Quote Originally Posted by bimerok View Post
    What fees will be a killer $250 or so is a killer?
    If it's only that much then it isn't a killer at all.

Quote Originally Posted by boriksh View Post
    Who is a new lucky owner?
    Please tell
    Last edited by Brent 930; 10-30-2009 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Fair is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    E36 M3, E36 LS1, E30 318
    As most of you know, the Alpha car sold on eBay about a week ago, for a fair price, and went to a good buyer (corner carver's member JohnK). The eBay fees are quite reasonable, actually, and it put the car in front of a nationwide audience. The new owner lives in PA and is based in NY, so the car will see road courses on the east coast soon. His brother Jerry lives nearby in north Texas, so he was the one who arranged to pick up the car on Saturday Nov 7th. I had the car ready to go and he picked up a rental trailer and came to get it.

I didn't sleep much the night before, and got up super early. I was buying two E46s and selling another E36 that same day, so I was going nuts waiting, but spent part of the morning waiting for him to show up copying receipts and putting together all of the Alpha car paperwork for the new owner. Man, that brought back memories! The original receipt for the purchase of the running '93 318is automatic, back in June 2003. I didn't leave it stock for a month before I had the motor out and the mock-up LS1 in place. All sorts of receipts for various iterations of the car. Wow, what a crazy 6 years its been. "Sad" doesn't describe how I felt to see this car go. I was downright depressed!

When Jerry arrived he wanted to drive the car, and I live out in the country so it wasn't out of the question, but he let me drive since I knew the roads and the car a lot better, and this isn't a car that we just let anyone drive when it was Vorshlag's. I think no more than 6 people have ever driven it in the past 6 years, and they were all very experienced, trusted friends and talented racers.

Jerry is himself a drag racer, and was just doing his brother a favor, but after that ~5 minute ride-along with me, he was coming out of his skin and yelling "I'm sending my brother his check back and buying it myself!!!" He loved the car. I'm glad he allowed me that one brief, final joy ride - sometimes sideways, others with the tires spinning in 3rd or 4th gear - along the back country roads around my place.

Matteucci drifting the Alpha car, pre-flares, during when he owned it for ~2 years

Big thanks to everyone who has worked on this car over the years that I was associated with it: Taylor at Dallas Performance for the beautiful cage work, fuel system upgrades, custom race exhaust, hundreds of hours spent doing production LS1 kit development/refinement, and the dyno tuning; Brian Matteucci for the incredible wiring/plumbing work, wheels/tires/first set of CF flares, and the first running LS1 iteration!; Brian Hanchey of AST-USA for the countless hours prepping/tweaking the suspension, brakes, and various drivetrain work we both did over the years we owned it together, and racing the snot out of it; and to all our friends and other shops that painted/tuned/aligned/worked on this thing over the past 6 years, notably: Vorshlag friends Jason McCall, Paul Magyar, & Dave Bubeck; Don Paney (paint); Eurosport (alignments), Louis @ LG Motorsports (last dyno tune), and others I am sure I forgot to mention.

I know John is going to have a blast tracking in this car. We wish him and the car well.
    Terry Fair @ Vorshlag Motorsports

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546