Thread: Help Me Make a Decision! Led or Smoked Tails??

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk

Help Me Make a Decision! Led or Smoked Tails??

I kinda want some smoked tails,.. but everyone I know is saying to go with the led ones. Please help me make a decision!! Money is no object.

My Cars
    08'FJCruiser,93'Cobra
    Some one posted LED lights on here that looked fantastic. I see many cars with smoke, not very many with LED. I'd go a high quality LED.
    The government doesn't have two parties. It's one organization with two marketing departments.
    You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help small men by tearing down big men. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatreds. You cannot establish security on borrowed money. You cannot build character and courage by taking away a man's initiative and independence. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves. William J. H. Boetcker known as "The Ten Cannots" (1916)

My Cars
    '11 328xiT/6, '99 M3
    Neither. Ambers look the best, depending on color.
    -Denton

My Cars
    five4oEye
    LED for sure, nothing looks better and smoked often looks tacky. Take off the trunklid badge too,

My Cars
    08 M6 Coupe
    what color is your car? Smoked tails look good only on certain colors (usually, darker cars).

Amber looks disgusting, i hate amber. I'd be okay with amber bulbs in clear corners, but that's about it.

My Cars
    98 323is,85 MR2
    Quote Originally Posted by SAHAKIAN View Post
    LED for sure, nothing looks better and smoked often looks tacky. Take off the trunklid badge too,
    +1

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinan330ic View Post
    what color is your car? Smoked tails look good only on certain colors (usually, darker cars).

Amber looks disgusting, i hate amber. I'd be okay with amber bulbs in clear corners, but that's about it.

I kinda feel the same way.. Amber looks better on Jap imports.
    My car is black by the way..

My Cars
    1995 BMW 840ci
    Get the LED, and if your bored with it have them smoked.

My Cars
    '11 328xiT/6, '99 M3
    You're car is black? Then ambers for sure!

If you go clears, it looks like a penguin or a tuxedo. Ambers help give the car color and life...and the CELIS tails are pretty gross.
    -Denton

My Cars
    99' 540i, 92' Civic SI
    Yeah, I like the ambers on my Black 540i.

My Cars
    99 540i/6, 89 RX-7 Turbo
    I have ambers on my on black 540. I will gladly trade them for anything that fits back there. They look lame and date the car.

Steve

My Cars
    m52 powered
    Quote Originally Posted by 4500 RPM View Post
    You're car is black? Then ambers for sure!

If you go clears, it looks like a penguin or a tuxedo. Ambers help give the car color and life...and the CELIS tails are pretty gross.
    hehe- we are all entitled to our own opinions. But I greet yours with my friend mega shifty:

The celis tails are just like the euro spec tails, so if anything the switch to clears makes the car closer to the motherlands idea of styling.

heres a couple few pics of my disgusting celis penguin since 4500 loves it so much:

sorry 56k

what the?

fwiw I still am rocking the ambers up front- my penguin don't match yet. Front parking lights have now been bulb-modded to only flash when turning or when alarm chirps, no amber running lights up front.

in conclusion I feel that the black e39's look good in this order from best to worst- 1 celis clear 2 depo clear 3 celis smoked 4 depo smoked 5 celis ambers 6 stock ambers 7-100 altezza.
    Last edited by e39dream; 01-22-2007 at 04:31 PM.

My Cars
    '97 528i, '93 Mazda rx7, '90 Mazda B4000
    Why not get the Smoked LED's and solve both problems?

My Cars
    '11 328xiT/6, '99 M3
    Okay, strong case, Mark.

Maybe they're not "disgusting", but I prefer ambers the most, then Euro clear, then CELIS. If I got a 2001+ 5, which someday I will own, I wouldn't screw with it.
    -Denton

My Cars
    '11 328xiT/6, '99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg183 View Post
    Why not get the Smoked LED's and solve both problems?
    That would be the cause of a problem, not a solution to.
    -Denton

My Cars
    m52 powered
    <3

My Cars
    That would be the cause of a problem, not a solution to.
    Well maybe I misunderstand the problem... It sounded to me like the people telling him to get the LED lights think that the LED lights only come in clear and didn't know that Hella has factory LED tails that are smoked.

My Cars
    m52 powered
    yeah theres a hand full of different celis ones, all clear (not a fan at all, rank with altezza), red and clear like mine, smoked and red (hot), then you can get depos that are all smoked.

When SteveL gave me the car he had put the stock ambers back in- it was nice of him to include the celis lights as they aren't cheap. He could have made an extra couple few hundred off them for sure.

My Cars
    97 540i
    Yea I was thinking about smoking my 540. It came with the clears like e39dreams. But I'm not sure if it will look cool. My car is black also. I wish I could see a picture of one to help me decide.

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg183 View Post
    Well maybe I misunderstand the problem... It sounded to me like the people telling him to get the LED lights think that the LED lights only come in clear and didn't know that Hella has factory LED tails that are smoked.
    Dan aka chivas has smoke Hella .. he hasn't installed them yet .. look sweet in the box probable look better on his car

My Cars
    '11 328xiT/6, '99 M3
    Anyone have pics of the amber CELIS? I rather liked those...
    -Denton

My Cars
    Anyone have pics of the amber CELIS? I rather liked those...
    I have yet to see those, in fact I'm pretty sure there aren't any because when the CELIS technology came to the e39's in '01 they stopped putting amber tails on all the e39's to my knowledge.