Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: What to use in interior plastics?

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp

What to use in interior plastics?

I'd like to wash interior plastic, dash and vinyl door panels. What should I use for cleaning agent that will not leave residue? Key thing is that it has to be off the shelf.

Thanks!

My Cars
    06 Z4MR
    I like to use 6:1 solution of water & Woolite. Then I follow it up with Vinylex for protection.

My Cars
    2003 525i
    I use these:<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>Meguiars Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=480> </TD></TR><TR><TD>
    Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant *Cleans *Shines *Protects.
    Designed for people who want to maintain that rich 'like new' look on their dashboards, trim, tyres and hundreds of other surfaces. Unlike some protectants that leave an artificial plastic or greasy look, this formula brings back the original natural finish and allows you to control just how much shine you add. With one application, you create a perfect, "like new" shine. With two applications, you can increase the shine and darkness and create a look that goes beyond the standard factory finish. To help create a rich, natural shine this complex formula includes cleaning agents that help remove dirt and grime that dull or discolour your finish. We've also added UV protection to reduce damage from the sun
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

My Cars
    SUV
    Plexus for the plastics and woolite and water for the vinyl pieces, but this should be rinsed with plain water and then dried to avoid streaks.
    Díme con quien andas y te diré quién eres.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe
    I'm another fan of the woolite/water mix for cleaning. It's really gentle and won't harm anything found inside.
    Once clean, I'm partial to 303 aerospace protectant for protection from UV and it imparts a nice, rich, satin finish.
    -John C.

My Cars
    Toyota Tacoma, 335i Coupe
    I have had good results with Griot's Interior Cleaner followed with their Vinyl and Rubber dressing.

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp
    Woolite as a laundry detergent?

My Cars
    99 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mless5 View Post
    Woolite as a laundry detergent?
    Yes. 6:1 like nooooorb said. cheap, safe, no residues, and otc.
    -John C.

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp
    will any other brand work?

My Cars
    e92 335i
    Yes, as long as it is a non fabric softener non bleach detergent. I also like Meguairs Quick Interior Detailer.
    GTA In Detail

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp
    Quote Originally Posted by picus View Post
    Yes, as long as it is a non fabric softener non bleach detergent. I also like Meguairs Quick Interior Detailer.
    I like it too, but just to wipe the dust off. Ended up using Vinylex by Lexol: glossy, but cleaned up really well.

My Cars
    06 Z4MR
    Yes Vinylex is a bit glossy especially the day you use it but that will decrease in effect in the following days but the protection will still there.

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp
    Quote Originally Posted by noooorb View Post
    Yes Vinylex is a bit glossy especially the day you use it but that will decrease in effect in the following days but the protection will still there.
    The car is sitting and will be in this state for another 2 weeks at least. But as I said, I was amazed how well it cleaned. I tried Lexol for leather just for the kicks and than regular dish soap and neither one worked.

My Cars
    BMW 325i convertible
    Nice pics, it came out great. Will have to try it, though my bolster may need replacing. Wonder if i should try it on the initial dye job, or have a pro do it since it's the first time. Will look at their website and see what they suggest.

My Cars
    S2000
    Glad to hear it it came out well. I've been using Vinylex for years with good results.

My Cars
    99 MCoupe
    I actually the last month have been using the cleaning solution in Leatherique. That way I can whip everything down, leather interior bits, and plastic, and vinly ones without worrying. As it states it cleans and puts back in the natural oils for all those surfaces. What I like is it has NO gloss to the look.
    I have oil in my blood; that is my dedication level to cars.