Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking at yourself 10 years ago...

My Cars
    no BMW at the time

Looking at yourself 10 years ago...

Think about it, what were you like 10 years ago. What music did you like? How did you dress? Would you change anything in those years, if you could?
    Today, in the morning, I was listening to the Oldies radio station, and they played Depeche Mode. They're calling that Oldies nowadays? I guess I'm getting old That's what triggered this thread.

10 years ago I was 14. I went in stages from Depeche Mode to Grundge to Metal to Alternative.

Grundge was the coolest time. Kurt Cobain RIP

I would keep everything in my life except for the marriage idea. That was kind of dumb of me
    Ordered: '14 BMW M4
    Current: '08 Suzuki GSXR 1000; '08 HD Street Bob
    Previous: '06 BMW 330Ci; '06 Mercedes CLK-350; '04 Acura TL A-Spec; '95 BMW 318ti

My Cars
    1987 Buick Rusty
    OT..hey u got anymore pics of those hooters under ur name?

My Cars
    no BMW at the time
    Originally posted by 99DINAN3
    OT..hey u got anymore pics of those hooters under ur name?
    that the only one I have. Here's the full image. It's one of my friends in England (Gabe79)
    Previous: '06 BMW 330Ci; '06 Mercedes CLK-350; '04 Acura TL A-Spec; '95 BMW 318ti

My Cars
    2011 Subaru WRX
    girl on the right is smokin'!

Back on Topic, I was 9 and was running around elementary school raising hell, and thats about all I remember.
    LUKE

i was 11 and into ninja turtles

My Cars
    240SX, RRC,M3
    I was... err... 6. Maybe. Yep. (Had to use a calculator.)
    1992 Nissan 240SX Track Rat
    1998 M3/4/5 74k mile daily driver
    1990 325i Manual Sedan Project

My Cars
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
    Originally posted by PerksBMW
    girl on the right is smokin'!
    the one on the left! is an EYE OPENER!
    o ya 10 years ago i was 3 a Blonde and in Preschool sitting and crying on "santas" lap when he visited!
    ///Mooo

My Cars
    Automobiles
    I was 7...and I just came to America!
    -Zack

My Cars
    Black
    Hmm. 1993. I was 25 years old, driving a 1991 Isuzu pickup with zero options. Living in a beachfront condo, working 2 part time positions at UPS. Dating a 5 foot tall brunette with a perfect body.

I listened to Iron Maiden, Motley Crue (Too Fast for Love, didn't care for any later albums), Alice in Chains, Trouble, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Mother Love Bone, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

Filip, you think you're getting old when you hear Depeche Mode on a classics station? I heard a Black Sabbath song done as elevator music on a store PA system when I was shopping in a department store last year.

My Cars
    Black
    Oh yeah, you asked if I would change anything. Yep.

I'd have gotten serious about saving money and working on my condo rather than letting it rot for five years. I'd have gotten away from trying to have cool stereo gear since I didn't have the income to support what I wanted. I'd have stayed in Aikido training too. I'd be second or third degree black belt right now, in Shin shin Toitsu Aikido. Damn.

Also, I'd never have learned computer tech. Although I'm very good at it, I spent way too much of the last ten years of my life in front of computers. I'd rather have spent the time on the beach or working out.

My Cars
    97 M3/2,90 525i
    NS, I am listening to Route 66 right this ver moment. But ten years ago I was 17 and terrorizing my highschool in an Audi 5000.

My Cars
    '95 M3

I was 24 yrs old . . .

in great shape from several years of pumping iron, listening to A Tribe Called Quest, Metallica, Megadeth, and Sade, wishing I was on leave visiting my Thai girlfriend and her family in warm, sunny Korat, Thailand, the month before.

Instead, I was based at Kunsan Air Base, Korea, trying to stay warm in windy sub-freezing temps, lugging 80 pounds of flight gear, flak vest, chem warfare gear, and combat helmet from the squadron to my jet parked in an hardened aircraft shelter, to launch for my third DMZ Close Air Support sortie of the day, after sleeping all of 4 hours before waking at 2 a.m. that morning for the three-day Operational Readiness Exercise.

What would I change? I woulda gone to bed a bit earlier.

[edit]
    Back then I was cocky (much more than I am now), a bit hi-strung (I think it was job-related), and kinda short-sighted (like most young fighter pilots).
    Last edited by Phantom; 01-11-2003 at 02:26 AM.

My Cars
    no BMW at the time
    Originally posted by M3PanzerfaustM3
    NS, I am listening to Route 66 right this ver moment.
    I went on Kazaa and downloaded all the songs I could remember.

My favorites are still "People are People" & "Personal Jesus".

Originally posted by Phantom

Instead, I was based at Kunsan Air Base, Korea, trying to stay warm in windy sub-freezing temps, lugging 80 pounds of flight gear, flak vest, chem warfare gear, and combat helmet from the squadron to my jet parked in an hardened aircraft shelter, to launch for my third DMZ Close Air Support sortie of the day, after sleeping all of 4 hours before waking at 2 a.m. that morning for the three-day Operational Readiness Exercise.

What would I change? I woulda gone to bed a bit earlier.
    Man, I feel for you. Kunsan- I heard a lot of bad stuff about it...and a LOT of good things about Osan though. All my friends are trying to get a Remote Tour to go there again.

My Cars
    '95 M3
    Originally posted by Filip75

Man, I feel for you. Kunsan- I heard a lot of bad stuff about it...and a LOT of good things about Osan though. All my friends are trying to get a Remote Tour to go there again.
    It was tough, but with the right attitude, Kunsan could be fun. We worked hard and played hard, but mostly worked hard. Readiness was foremost, so it was a great place to get hardened military experience and advance to greater things. I did two tours there (92-93, 95-96), extending my assignment 6 months both times. Spent three years total, 4 birthdays on the ROK. Took a semester of Korean my second tour (SHOULDA done that the first time!!) which opened a bunch of doors. Traveled all over, met great folks, ate great food, visited cool cities. Bought my M3 new through BMW-Korea Military Sales at invoice, saved 17%, no sales tax, took delivery and drove it in Korea for 4 months! Scouted awesome roads while flying and drove 'em on the weekends.

Yeah, Kunsan is tough, but it builds . . . character.

My Cars
    2013 MINI R56S
    10 years ago exactly, I was 18, had chicken pox in an incredibly severe way, an upper respiratory infection and some crazy thing that did some permanent (and negative) modification of my voice. Unbeknownst to me, I'd just finished my second and final semester of any higher education and had to deal with the immature drama of my divorcing parents. It sucked. Not having a job to get the heck out sucked worse.

10 years ago in general, I was a miserable wretch who couldn't figure how the heck to get out of the situation I was in. Too many stories to relay. But, I made it eventually.

But, now, I couldn't be happier. I have a fantastic job, two cars that I love, five cats that are blessings, and most importantly, a total soul mate who doesn't flinch when I drag my carburetor through the house.

I don't like looking at the past beyond about two years ago or so.

"Entscheiden Sie sich nicht nur für ein besonderes Automobil,
    sondern auch für einen eigenen Standpunkt."

My Cars
    Retired
    i was 7... and was going to a private school

My Cars
    90 Crx Si 91 Civic Si
    "People are people so why should it be,you and I should get
    along so oftenly" - Depeche mode - People are people

Ya those were the days..... :
    We are defenitly getting up there in age,are you worrying about death yet...hahaha j/k lol

My Cars
    none
    I was 9 and in the 3rd Grade. I liked a blonde girl named Jackie (she became a dirty whore in high school), basketball, and hip hop. Best friends were Jonathan, Matt, and Jacob. I haven't seen any of them since Middle School. I was a huge Phoenix Suns fan as they were really kicking ass that year. They made it all the way to the finals only to lose to the Bulls. God Damn John Paxton. I made a partial income from trading sports cards. I was the best ripper offer in the school. [Godfather voice] Soooooh youa want dis Kevin Johnson card? Well I'm gonna have to ax that yoze makes me an offer I can't refuse [/godfathervoice]. LOL

I now prefer brunettes, have not followed basketball in years (hopefully I will get back into it), and still like rap music. I am still quite the business man. Now I hustle BMW products instead of basketball cards. It's small time stuff, but I've got bigger things coming.

Funny you mention music from 93 being old. I recently went to an autoauction and they were playing a bunch of HipHop/R&B from 90-95. Freggin awesome!

My Cars
    '94 325i
    I was 6.

I was the kid who jumped off the swings, and jumped out of the tree houses.

I actually listened to alternative music, and loved corvettes.

It's hard to remember a whole lot about that time. I dont think I would have changed much in the last 10 years..Except for saving more money.

Haven't actually changed that much really. Listen to relatively the same music, still like sports cars; although a little less blatant than a corvette.

Good Post.

Paradise Hotel located on Temptation Island
    My Cars
    '
    I was 8, enjoying the days of elementary school. I was one of the best spellers at my school. I dunno, but I was born with a trait of being a good speller

BMW Cigar And Gun Club Member #7

My Cars
    E46 M3; Triumph TT600
    I was 8 as well....still in elementary school. Come to think of it, I was the weird quiet kid. : But that's ok...All my friends that know me, know I'm not quiet or weird at all.

Oh yeah, I was into rap, and RC airplanes.

- Jon

My Cars
    I love turbos!
    1993?
    I was 28 and let my fiance (she became an ex in '93) move to NYC without me in 1992. I met my last ex (we were together for 9 years) in January 1993 on my birthday (coming up in exactly 2 weeks).

Music
    I think I was in my Jazz/Fusion stage and listening to Spirogyra, Jeff Lorber... Since my taste in music is eclectic, I also listened to Madonna, drooling over Mariah Carey (yes I admit it)...

What would I do differently?
    Never let the ex-fiance become an ex

My Cars
    I own nothing.
    Damn it (I like to forget this period of time in my life). I was 16. What a shitty year. Did not apply myself in school. Tried to be friend and force myself to fit in and did some really dumb stuff to fit it. (Of course it didn't work) I listened to the crap that was played on the radio. Top 40 mainstream shit. Never got my license until 17. (Damn seizures) Started taking medicine that increased my appitite and I didn't exercise or eat as good as I should have. Now I am over weight and it is an absolute bitch to loose weight.
    One of the few good things I remember is sitting in an F40. And meeting one of the men who would change my life - be my best friend.
    Now. I learned what good music really is. Floyd, Coldplay, Rush. Those are some of my favorite bands. I still listen to the radio but mostly college stations as they play the coolest new stuff. Hard rock, heavy metal. I learned that friendship can't be bought that if someone is loyal through the crappy times they are going to be their through the good times. That is the mark of a friend. I have learned not to be so uptight and "prim and proper".

There are three things I would change. I really wish I had tried harder at school, asked questions, just forced myself to do better - really learn stuff, cause I would be done with school (which would be nice) and I would not have had such a bitch of a time now. (reading and stuff)
    I would have gotten a job and learn to become more financially independent and savvy.
    I would have exercised and not eaten all that crap and kept my nominal weight.
    But at least I can still exercise and loose some weight, I can keep trying to save and become more financially savvy, and I AM going to school to better myself.

Saint Peters, Missouri, United States of America
    My Cars
    993, XK8, RR, Merkur Scorpio
    I was like 10 and I just got kicked out of private school...

I listened to hip hop... and Paula Abdul.

I collected knives, swords, and objects that could be used as swords.

My best friend was Eric Dill and I had a crush on his sister Shannon. I don't remember if we ever went out or not... one day I gave her some flowers at school though so maybe.

My memory of anything over a year ago is really hazy.

Later,
    Tom<center>
    <font size="1"><center>
    ChongusM3: Tom is the original smooth operator.

"The reward of suffering is experience" - Aeschylus (Killed by a falling tortoise.)
    BMW Cigar and Gun Club Member # 1
    325is Dude: I tend to attract retards. </center></font>

My Cars
    '05 997 C2, '15 JKU
    I was 14, in 8th grade, playing a lot of soccer, and very little else...
    this space reserved for pissing off liberals...

ronthebabboonslayer: "helmet guy's post is far from polluting"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast