Thread: Windows do not drop when door is open..... Need help guys.

My Cars
    E36s/E90/T-Diesel

Question Windows do not drop when door is open..... Need help guys.

Ok I got a 1993 E36 2dr. and the windows are not rolling down when I open the doors. They go up and down fine with the doors open or close but I have to be careful when I close them b/c the windows are all the way up.

Even the autoroll up&down to fully open or close the window works fine. But the windows do not drop 1/2" when the door is open.

Any help will be apreciated. Thanks
    BMW-PC F80 M3 HotLapFormula 1000 Video │ 3 Time NASA-SE GTS2 Champ │ TRM Stg.2, Coilovers & Tuning │ Racing Videos[/CENTER]

My Cars
    e36 330?...e34 525i
    did u try opening the door while the car was running to see if it happens? i know that when my battery is low it dont do it

My Cars
    E36s/E90/T-Diesel
    I does not roll the windows with the car on or off. I pulled the hole driver window out last week but I did not see anything broken or torn.....
    BMW-PC F80 M3 HotLapFormula 1000 Video │ 3 Time NASA-SE GTS2 Champ │ TRM Stg.2, Coilovers & Tuning │ Racing Videos[/CENTER]

My Cars
    2006 325i
    Does this effect both doors or just driver's? Sounds like you have a bad door jamb striker switch. This is the post that the door latches to when shut. It has a small switch on it that gets depressed when the door is shut and kicks the window up when the door is closed. Had to replace mine because the window was kicking up and down a 1/2" and kept setting off the car alarm.
    Last edited by mdh; 01-13-2007 at 05:10 PM.

My Cars
    1992 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ's325ITS View Post
    I does not roll the windows with the car on or off. I pulled the hole driver window out last week but I did not see anything broken or torn.....

^ i like the headlight delete mod
    ">

My Cars
    1996 328is, 2004 Audi AllRoad 4.2
    http://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/cata...INTpnl_pg1.htm

Part number: $28
    51-21-8-208-423-M9

My Cars
    E36s/E90/T-Diesel
    Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    Does this effect both doors or just driver's? Sounds like you have a bad door jamb striker switch. This is the post that the door latches to when shut. It has a small switch on it that gets depressed when the door is shut and kicks the window up when the door is closed. Had to replace mine because the window was kicking up and down a 1/2" and kept setting off the car alarm.
    yep both doors, started withe driver but later both door went to hell. This is a 93 car so it doesn't come with that switch in the striker. Was you car a 93?

Quote Originally Posted by Rack325i View Post
    ^ i like the headlight delete mod
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by choffa View Post
    http://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/cata...INTpnl_pg1.htm

Part number: $28
    51-21-8-208-423-M9
    In the part description says is for all E36 so why a 4dr will need this part if it does'nt needs the windows to roll down a bit?

Can you give me mor info?... please thanks.

My Cars
    e90 325xi
    I'm having the same issue and cannot find the fix... any know anything else I also have a 93 325is both drivers and passengers side wont do it

My Cars
    1993 318is Sterling
    in the earlier models its a micro switch in the latch mechanism http://home.earthlink.net/~frankie66...croswitch.html
    theres a decent DIY
    It may be a 4 but its still a BMW!!!

My Cars
    93 318is
    Yep what TempCK318is Said. It's the micro switch in the latch mechanism. I have the same problem. When the door is open Press the locking latch up. If that does the trick then you need to maybe clean the latch itself. I just cleaned and oiled mine a little and it started working again. I had to replace one side cause the switch was out.