Thread: Kill the "Feeler" posts in classifieds

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3

Kill the "Feeler" posts in classifieds

Either you're selling, or you're not! Classifieds are busy enough without the added wishy-washy traffic.

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    06' F150 4x4, 95 M3
    I AGREE!!!!

THE BST IS MOVING REALLY FAST!!!

My Cars
    2000 BMW 740iL
    Any more feed back on this from our other members?

Mike D.
    ACS Front Spoiler | Bavarian Autosport Strut Bar | Bilstein HD Struts | Dinan Cold Air Intake | Dinan Stage II Software
    Eisenmann High Performance Exhaust | H&R Stage II Sport Springs | Mobile Video & Bass Upgrades.

My Cars
    05 330i ZHP

well...

Maybe a better solution is limiting how many "new topics" one member can post in BST. Alot of people seem to do a seperate post for each thing they are selling.

We also have too many people who are just on the board to try to buy stuff cheap and sell it again for more $. They know who they are, and they usually only post in Off Topic and Buy Sale Trade. They add nothing to Bimmerforums.

You already have to view 5 pages just to get the last 2 hours of posts.
    05 Black Sapphire 330i ZHP
    99 Alpine White ///M3 (traded, but not forgotten)

My Cars
    06' F150 4x4, 95 M3
    Some times it is better to post 10 threads of things forsale then one major one. Each thing gets more views and sells faster then just someone that posted "cleaning out the garage" who knows whats forsale in that post

My Cars
    05 330i ZHP

that's true Bill...

Originally posted by Bill
    Some times it is better to post 10 threads of things forsale then one major one. Each thing gets more views and sells faster then just someone that posted "cleaning out the garage" who knows whats forsale in that post

still increases the posts # alot!
    05 Black Sapphire 330i ZHP
    99 Alpine White ///M3 (traded, but not forgotten)

My Cars
    Bernmobile

Re: well...

Originally posted by 95Mpower
    You already have to view 5 pages just to get the last 2 hours of posts.
    Maybe I have my settings different, but I do not find this to be true. I can check BST maybe twice per day, at most, and still view the same day out to about the middle of the second sheet at most.

I agree that it is kind of rediculous to make "feeler" posts, but like I said before, the BST works fine like it is for me. I would rather not see it broken up, nor do I see the need for significant moderation...or at least more than whatever takes place now.

My Cars
    06' F150 4x4, 95 M3
    maybe you should check it out alittle more and not just the hot replied too items. If you dont bump or get replies consider your post history

Paradise Hotel located on Temptation Island
    My Cars
    '
    I say keep the "Feeler" posts. Some people are not sure if they want to sell something, so they want to get an idea of the price, and if it suits their needs, then they will sell it. You are helping out two people when you do that. I say keep those posts.

BMW Cigar And Gun Club Member #7