Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Western New York/ Buffalo Region

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 SMG
    Quote Originally Posted by Strut1 View Post
    Hey Viper, I think I've seen your car many times all around buffalo. Do you have after market seats in yours ! Btw I think I saw you on Amherst near Delaware Park just a few days ago.

Strut1
    yes, i have sparco milanos

My Cars
    1996 m3 coupe
    hey, nice to meet you guys yesterday. hope the cruise after the park went well. let me know of any meets coming up

My Cars
    1996 m3 coupe
    i also know these 2 guys that run a repair shop called european motorcars right by buffalo tungsten off transit. I know them personally and they are really good guys and they do really good work. 435-5435

My Cars
    99 Jeep Cherokee
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmitch117 View Post
    i also know these 2 guys that run a repair shop called european motorcars right by buffalo tungsten off transit. I know them personally and they are really good guys and they do really good work. 435-5435
    Good to know Jay, thanks...

My Cars
    99 Jeep Cherokee
    Heres a few for now to keep everybody satisfied, Ill get more up soon...

My Cars
    99 Jeep Cherokee

My Cars
    1998 m3
    Nice to meet all you guys. have to do a run sometime.
    Thanks again, Pics turned out great...
    Mod list
    Stromung cat back/ Depo Clears/ M50 manifold/ X-Brace/ uuc underdrive pullies/ uuc trany mounts/ Royal purple Tranny fluid/ Fan delete/ AA Diff support(almost)/ UUC Ltw flywheel and M5 clutch/ short shifter/ AA c38 stage 1 supercharger...slipping clutch mod

My Cars
    E21, E30, E36, WRX
    Hey, I'll chime in here. Looks like I missed the fun run. Next time!

Any of you here do a lot of your own work? I could probably use a hand with the trainwreck that is my car... (95 318iS)

My Cars
    98 M Roadster, 02 A6
    i think most of us do .. what kinda work you doing?

My Cars
    99 Jeep Cherokee
    ^Yea, I do all my own work, mostly, shifty does too. Whats great is if one of us on here cant figure something out we have a couple other brains to put some input into. Lets here your problems, Ill always lend a hand when a local needs it

My Cars
    E21, E30, E36, WRX
    Well main issues right now are my rear suspension is shot to shit. Replacing the struts (or would they be shocks?) & possibly springs, the driver door is falling apart, trim piece is falling off, and the weather shield in the door needs to be reinstalled/replaced. The window on the drivers side doesn't seal right when it rises, as its supposed to when it closes. I think thats due to the latch in the door, I'll probably have to replace it.

The largest problem is the fact the engine is bleeding oil both internally and externally. There is a small leak, a few drips a day under the car, but cylinder two takes on oil pretty well.

My problem was I picked this car up cheap to use as a winter beater while I stored my pride and joy (at the time an 03 mustang gt) but I really like this car. Haha, something about being able to turn is attractive to me. Plus with rising gas prices and the fact I'm a broke ass college student means the gas guzzler goes away, and this prime piece stays.

Anyone interested in a mustang real cheap? Its only got 18.5k miles on it, and its a stick!

PS Love the Green 3 series with the euro plate. Thats what my car looks like too, except I have the cheapo body kit- haha. I should also mention I don't know whats been done to this car totally, I didn't do any of the mods. It does have a M-wannabe body kit, clear lights, K&N air filter, after market exhaust, a really crappy stereo, H&K springs, bilstein struts, and obligatory TERRIBLE Tint job. Yea, I picked a winner. I don't know BMWs very well, since I was an American Muscle car guy for a while, but I can turn a wrench.
    Last edited by Fuel; 05-27-2008 at 10:32 PM.

My Cars
    1998 m3
    I've been through my car a couple of times myself...if you need questions answered I can chime in as well.....
    Mod list
    Stromung cat back/ Depo Clears/ M50 manifold/ X-Brace/ uuc underdrive pullies/ uuc trany mounts/ Royal purple Tranny fluid/ Fan delete/ AA Diff support(almost)/ UUC Ltw flywheel and M5 clutch/ short shifter/ AA c38 stage 1 supercharger...slipping clutch mod

My Cars
    1998 m3
    external oil dripping down the side of the engine near cyl 2? does it smoke? bmws tend to burn a little more oil than others in my experience, but is it excessive? Seal on door...car doesn't think the door is closed. if it does the "window dance" when going around a corner the latch/sensor might be shot.
    Mod list

My Cars
    E21, E30, E36, WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by djarum View Post
    external oil dripping down the side of the engine near cyl 2? does it smoke? bmws tend to burn a little more oil than others in my experience, but is it excessive? Seal on door...car doesn't think the door is closed. if it does the "window dance" when going around a corner the latch/sensor might be shot.
    I don't see a leak on the outside, but I just did spark plugs saturday and when I went to change it for the second cylinder, there was oil in the plug chamber and you could see it atop the piston.

My Cars
    1998 m3
    prob valve gasket...http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/tech...alve-Cover.htm
    not a horrible fix...
    another good link....http://www.bimmerdiy.com/dir/e36
    Mod list

My Cars
    '96 M3, '12 Cooper S
    the lonely E46...

I'm sad I missed this. But its cool that no two cars were alike. (I would have ruined it with a second Cosmos) though I would have rocked it with my Modena interior (which is getting leatheriqued as I type, cant wait to clean it off tomorrow)

Definitely have to go next time this comes around.

My Cars
    98 M Roadster, 02 A6
    any do their clutch line? i'm thinking about doing the CDV delete mod (basically replacing the clutch line) in my roadster but i havent had any experience with that just yet

My Cars
    e55
    I want in on doing a CDV delate. Seeing that it is pretty much FREE!!!!

If other members want to know what a CDV is

Here:

The Clutch Delay Valve (CDV) is a one-way restrictor installed by the factory between the clutch slave cylinder and clutch master cylinder, It "delays" the engagement of the clutch, much like old record players used a damped tone-arm to gently lower the needle onto the surface of a record.
    Because of this valve, no matter how quickly you lift your foot off the clutch pedal, the clutch engages the flywheel at a constant (slow) rate. In theory, it can save the driveline from shock, were an inexperienced (or immature) driver to dump the clutch at high RPM. But in practice, all it does is prematurely wear out the clutch and turn experienced drivers into people who, despite 20 years of practice, cannot shift gears smoothly. During parallel parking maneuvers, the delay can be infuriating, causing constant clutch slippage. And during hard acceleration, the large amount of clutch slippage can greatly shorten the life of your clutch. During normal, sedate driving, the shift from first into second gear is often jerky, leading passengers to question your skill. As the driver, you can see your passengers' heads bobbing back and forth during every shift! Yes, in their minds, they are laughing at you.

-Benefits of replacing your CDV with a modified unit

After the stock CDV is replaced with one of our modified units, you will be able to shift gears in your BMW just like a "normal" car. No more vague, inconsistent clutch engagement. No more jerky 1-2 shifts. You can actually chirp the tires when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear! Parallel parking becomes a breeze and your clutch will love you for it and last much longer. Best of all, your passengers will stop making fun of your driving skills.

Custom Dyno-tuned Eurocharged| Eurocharged Headers |Filthy Habits Mid-Pipe | Filthy Habits Intake | PLM | BWK | 010 | KW | Meisterschaft

My Cars
    1998 m3
    I did the cdv...easy mod and shifting was much easier...I think it was 2 wrenches and removal of the delay valve, took about 20 minutes including jacking the car...

Shifty, selling the car?...saw it on craigslist..
    If your interested, I really like that grill m3 badge.
    Mod list

My Cars
    e55
    Quote Originally Posted by djarum View Post
    I really like that grill m3 badge.
    You can have it.

Custom Dyno-tuned Eurocharged| Eurocharged Headers |Filthy Habits Mid-Pipe | Filthy Habits Intake | PLM | BWK | 010 | KW | Meisterschaft

My Cars
    95 540i/6, 07 X3
    Sorry it took so long, I posted what pics I could salvage. The camera was set wrong and a bunch of photos were badly out of focus. It was so bright that day I could barely tell on the LCD viewfinder.

e34 represent!

the rest of the pics can be seen here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/setlock

I have the 2592 x 1944 originals on my HDD if anyone has a desktop preference.

It was great meeting you guys. Can't wait until the next get together, maybe hit another photo shoot.
    Last edited by BuckNaked; 05-29-2008 at 10:34 PM. Reason: add the offer of original size pic files.

My Cars
    98 M Roadster, 02 A6
    you mind email me a full res of this one:

http://picasaweb.google.com/setlock/...89631658400162

Thanks,
    Griff

bjgriff @ gmail . com

My Cars
    95 540i/6, 07 X3
    it's on it's way...

My Cars
    95 540i/6, 07 X3
    Can anyone list for me the known regular local WNY meets and cruise nights?
    I remember something about Bubbles on mondays, any others you could tell me about?

My Cars
    e55
    Checkout this site:
    http://www.rodandpiston.com/

Under "Feature Events"

S&R on Tuesday @ Lancaster speedway
    Duff's on Monday in Orchard Park (not sure when it begins)

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast