Thread: 2007 328xi Versus Mercedes ML350

My Cars
    2007 Mercedes ML 350

2007 328xi Versus Mercedes ML350

I hate to say this (and I am new to this forum), I gave up my 530xi for a new ML350. Nice car, the ML is, but it's not a Beemer. So I am now looking at a 328xi, but will take it in the shorts on the trade. Can anyone comp the ML versus the 328xi for me? Any insights would be appreciated.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    The ML is an SUV ... the 328xi is a car. You are essentially comparing apples to sundried rasins.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    88 300ZX, 94 Altima
    Kev got it right. Do you need all the extra room the SUV provides? Is the ML even AWD? I don't actually know.

They're really completely different and there are far too many variables to just outright compare the vehicles (not cars).

http://www.last.fm/user/AzzMan/ | Talk to me about music
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonpturner
    I challenge you right now to out dress me.

My Cars
    2015 335i MSport
    Screw apples and raisins, thats like comparing a tricycle and a blimp.

My Cars
    88 300ZX, 94 Altima
    If you seriously wanted to get into accurate analogies, it's most like an EVO to a Grand Caravan.

http://www.last.fm/user/AzzMan/ | Talk to me about music
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonpturner
    I challenge you right now to out dress me.

My Cars
    Wayyyy too many....
    Ok...Maybe I can be of assistance.

I never owned a 328xi but I have owned a 325xi 2006 and my stepmother owns a 2006 ML350 which I drive sometimes.

The ML350 is very soft steering, not good handling at all. It can reach a fairly high top speed (I got it up to 130) but it does not accelerate well and the pedals feel kind of spongy.

We've had many mechanical problems and cosmetic problems with the ML. Has not been that good to us.

The interior is nice, but the leather kind of stinks. You get the LCD screen standard even without NAV.

The "button shifters" in the manual mode do NOT work well at all. They do not respond when asked to shift.
    Also, it's a very feminine car. I usually only see women driving them.

Ok now for the 325xi. Despite being a pig cause of the heavy AWD, the 325xi is an amazing handler with tight steering and zippy acceleration. I was impressed how a seemingly under-powered engine could make this thing seem so quick.

The interior is not that nice and leather does not come standard, nor do power seats. It's not a very luxurious car really unless you want to spend some dough.

The back seat is adequate but not large and comfortable. The trunk is good enough for shoving groceries into and maybe a couple suit cases.

Bottom line: ML is nice for soccer moms that drive 15mph in 25mph zones, and the 328 is a sporty yet practical car.

If I had to choose, the 328 wins hands down. The ML is not what I expected it to be.
    Former owner of many BMWs.

2000 Viper RT/10
    2016 Boxster Spyder
    so many other cars....

Currently in the market for a Z4M Roadster and a NA 1.8 Miata

My Cars
    2007 Mercedes ML 350
    many thanks to bavariamotorist for the insightful comments. i could have done without most of the initial comments that were not at all helpful.

My Cars
    E46, S2000
    www.edmunds.com allows you to compare the aspects of both vehicles. i suggest you go drive them and compare them yourself.

Forum Rules___Info for New Members___Teen Driving School in So Cal
    "It's the internet by my rules."--Kevlar

My Cars
    M2CS
    BMW>MBZ
    /thread
    M2CS 6-spd

My Cars
    S54 MZ3, E46 M3, R6
    I dont understand why so many people go for 4wd cars. I live in canada, and i dont need a AWD car.

save some cash, buy a 335i.

/thread

Ask me about Canadian DRL compatible LED Kits