Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY: BMW E46 key fob reprogramming

My Cars
    97 840Ci,03 325i 08 550I
    Did mine tonight and both fobs are now operational. Thanks for the write up!
    Last edited by Lou840; 03-15-2013 at 01:14 AM.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330ci convert
    You did it.....I fixed it. by myself!!!! First time ever I didn't have to bring it in! THANKS

My Cars
    740il 330 CiC S500
    Both keys were working find (remote and starting the car). Now, both will not work remotely lock/unlock and only 1key can start the car. I try all methods to resync my keys - near the ring, FSZ antana, under clown nose etc... and still doesn't work for me. By the way, all interior ligts are working except footwell and dome light. Also, suddenly the central lock switch is not working. I hope this is not related to GM5 issue? Terrphantm - did you ever got your issues resolved? Any other suggestions?

My Cars
    04 BMW 325ci zsp
    Yes thank you so much saved me alot of money!!!

My Cars
    2003BMW525i Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by oneup View Post
    I tried procedure multiple time with no success. I spoke w/ Scott thinking my GM5 might be bad but he does not think it's the problem.

What else I can try?

Everything works except remote controll
    I have the same problem with BMW325_2002. I try to change GM5, Door lock actuator, antena..... but the key the same, it cannot remote lock and unlock.......

My Cars
    01 320d touring preface
    Thanks!! Worked for me (on the 4th try)! First fob was done in a sinch, but it took more patience on the second fob, just held the unlock button, without rushing, for a little bit longer then pressed the lock button three times slowly and now I have the two working!! Cheers for the the great info and effort!!
    Last edited by BeaverBill; 01-31-2014 at 08:18 PM.

My Cars
    95 325i

buying keys from ebay, etc online..

If you buy a key off of ebay or anywhere online other than a bmw dealership...they will not work to start the car and can't be made to do so. They are chipped and pre-programmed to your cas (ingition enabling module) that is programmed by vin to you car only, the keys you buy online whether they have a chip or not arent programmed to your cas...making them essentially trash. Dont waste your money on internet keys...they're never worked for ignition and most likely never will. BMW dealerships cant even program them for you, they order their keys from one place centrally that cut/codes them per vin with a limit of 10 keys per vin. Sorry to burst anyones bubble or kill some business...but I work at a dealership and this is true.

My Cars
    BMW 328is , 535i M Sport
    Thank you, step 2 worked for me, key purchased from the dealership 2002 330i if this helps.

My Cars
    Bmw 330xi e46, ef civic
    Worked great, even was able to reprogram my key that died and one I bought from China!

My Cars
    2005 330cd e46
    Just joined the forum and this is one of my small issues among others, I just have one working key and I would love to have a replacement, that key you bought from china worked to start the car too? Because I have read in another thread that you need a transponder codified for your specific car, and only BMW can do but they´re quite expensive. Thanks!

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330Ci
    I just purchased 2 keys off eBay and I had a locksmith take care of the programming of the chip and cutting the keys. They manually unlock everything and they start the car with no problem, but I can't program them to unlock or lock remotely. The locksmith couldn't do it either, please help. It is 2001 BMW 330Ci

My Cars
    2002 BMW 316Ti
    Wow, thanks, I changed my key fob casing and it needs to be reprogrammed. Although I did take it to the beamer shop and they didn't charge me I can now do this my self-thanks to your post!
    cheers
    Woks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12