Thread: email notification

My Cars
    ESS supercharged e92 M3

email notification

When we get an email saying someone replyed to a post it should say not only the title of the post but what subject it was under. Example "kill stories" I get mixed up some times where i posted .....hehehe

Retired Original
    BIMMERFORUMS
    Administrator
    My Cars
    BMW & Lexus
    Hey Bob,

You know, I've only experienced the email notice feature once, by mistake, and couldn't turn it off fast enough! As many posts as I make with the many replies I would receive more emails than I care to think about!

I find it much easier to review all the forums for new replies (red folders) while paying particular attention to any folder that has a green dot on it, which represents a thread that I either started or one that I participated in. After I view all these forums I click on "Mark all forums read" which resets all forum folders as being read and start all over again fresh.

I may be wrong but I expect there are very few members who use the email notice feature on our message board.

I realize the above didn't answer your question but I always thought the email notice feature would give you a link to the message but I'm not sure. Hopefully Ray will see this post and can answer your question or someone else that uses the feature will reply. If you don't get an answer I would send Ray a PM and see what he can find out about making it show the forum name as well as the subject title.

Bob ///M3