Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Anyone used the Griot's Porter-Cable clay pad insert thing?

My Cars
    A Few With Roundels

Anyone used the Griot's Porter-Cable clay pad insert thing?

The one where you slap the clay into the center of the pad and let the PC do the work? I'm interested in getting it...

My Cars
    Yes
    I thought about getting it, but I am concerned that using the pad would impede my ability to detect grit picked up by the clay. Claying by hand wasn't so bad - I did it for the first time on Monday.

My Cars
    Chevrolet Silverado 2500
    I use it. Its great like twice a year to really get all the grime off your car. What I do is I spray some of there Speed Shine on the car first before going over it with the clay and orbital. This will make it glide better and really give it a shine. When your finished with an area, take a look at the clay, it will be filthy. Just make sure your car is fairly clean before doing this so you dont rub in little particles that can scratch the paint. After drying the speed shine off, the paint is like butter. SO SMOOOOOOTH. Use it, you wont be dissapointed one bit. Good Luck. Later

My Cars
    N/A
    Originally posted by G. P. Burdell
    I thought about getting it, but I am concerned that using the pad would impede my ability to detect grit picked up by the clay. Claying by hand wasn't so bad - I did it for the first time on Monday.
    I agree with you. This is why I will not try it.

Ben,

Claying by hand is quite painless. I wouldn't clay by PC. JMHO.

My Cars
    A Few With Roundels
    Yeah, I've always clayed by hand in the past. Just looking for that newer, faster thing .

My Cars
    1998 M3/4
    I have it but don't like it..... It doesn't give you enough control since the thing moves around so fast. I prefer the "hand touch" of the clay so you can turn it when it gets gunked up with debris.

Wes
    '95 M3
    Wes