Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: help installing ice>link in 01 330xi, new at this!

My Cars
    2001 330xi

help installing ice>link in 01 330xi, new at this!

ok, so im getting an ice>link for my e46 bmw in the mail today for christmas, and i get to put it in today.

one question,

does anyone have an in-depth guide as how to install one of these?

i vaguely remember finding one a month or so ago while browsing aound at work, but im having difficulties finding it.

I would really like to give installing it myself a shot, because i love that kind of stuff, and ive never really done anything like it on a car.

also, when i had the ice>link installed by best buy on my other car, they just installed the dock in a random place (screwing it into the trim) without consulting me on the location first. If i do it myself, i can be absolutely sure its in a good place.

Thanks,
    Chris

ps once the weather starts sucking less, ill get some pictures of my newly acquired vehicle
    That's the saltiest thing I ever tasted, and I once ate a big heaping bowl of salt! - Philip J Fry

My Cars
    2001 330xi
    in case you dont know, the ice link connects to the cd changer connection in the trunk, then i need to run the cable up to where its going to be in the front of the car
    That's the saltiest thing I ever tasted, and I once ate a big heaping bowl of salt! - Philip J Fry

My Cars
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by epitome View Post
    ok, so im getting an ice>link for my e46 bmw in the mail today for christmas, and i get to put it in today.

one question,

does anyone have an in-depth guide as how to install one of these?

i vaguely remember finding one a month or so ago while browsing aound at work, but im having difficulties finding it.

I would really like to give installing it myself a shot, because i love that kind of stuff, and ive never really done anything like it on a car.

also, when i had the ice>link installed by best buy on my other car, they just installed the dock in a random place (screwing it into the trim) without consulting me on the location first. If i do it myself, i can be absolutely sure its in a good place.

Thanks,
    Chris

ps once the weather starts sucking less, ill get some pictures of my newly acquired vehicle
    We do, email me directly and I'll provide a copy of the instructions.
    Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
    email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com
    tel 866.669.0705 | ca: 714.369.8524 x22 | fax: 714.908.1796

Twitter | Flikr | Facebook | YouTube