Thread: Widebody M3

My Cars
    1994 Mazda RX-7

Widebody M3

I know this may sound really stupid, but what goes into putting a widebody kit on a car? The reason why I'm saying this is that I'm seeing all these people who put on body kits themselves and its simple, but when you get into widebody kits its all of a sudden impossible and requires $25,000 for someone to put this on... Can anyone explain this? Thanks a lot!
    -Louis M

My Cars
    2003 530i
    i believe a nice widebody install requires cutting the original fenders and welding on the new pieces. then you still have to paint.
    never done it, but i think that's why.

NICE rims DSK...i was wondering how the dark ones would look like on an artic silver or techno violet m3.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Louis, you must have read my mind. i was wondering about this today after seeing the Zeemax kit.
    These panels are GRP composite.
    So welding won't work.

But, without a doubt the quarter panels have to be removed and any other metal body part that needs to be replaced.

Expensive stuff.
    Last edited by Balthazarr; 01-03-2003 at 04:57 AM.
    Walk a mile in my shoes and you are a mile away in someone else's shoes.
    Goodridge*UUC sways* Black TME's and mounts( switched from Red)* x-brace*brembo rotors*Zimmerman rear*Pagid*Riken Raptors* Roja Formula 7's (Bronze)* Stromung*Powdercoated AA DSB* OMP strut bar*GC RSM's* M3 alum/leather knob*JTD underpanel *Traffic PRO (sold) *Black hella Ellipsoids w/celis rings * ACS Pedals*ACS handbrake*RE Octane SSK*Wheelskins Eurotones S/ Wheel Cover( tossed-replaced with new one)* Totally Covers Front seat velour covers with custom styling *Rieger roof spoiler-lost it on fwy Stock A/B*URI CP (ditched years ago)*540 HFM (sold) Stock HFM (BeckArnley)*FMS 24 lb inj*Alum rad and some other stuff*Konis w/adj rr's*Vogtland springs ** Passport 8500(sold)*Passpprt 7500 (sold V1-1.8 with POP) No detectors at all.
    Coming...nada

BMWCCA-303681

Front fenders aren't hard to replace, but the rear ones have to be cut, the new pieces riveted on, filled with lightweight body filler, sanded, painted...

Also the wheel well splash guards (those plastic pieces) I believe have to be custom-made from aluminum sheet or something similar.

My Cars
    95 332is, Blown 89 325ix, 07 VW GTI
    It depends on which kit you go with. Some of the kits are molded on and some replace the entire fenders (Ala Zeemax). I believe the Zeemax kit is the $25K kit that you are refering to, but that kit actually gives you wider fenders (like the E30 M3).
    Rick
    (Sold!!) 95 325is-3.2L OBDI, AA CAI, Euro AFM, AA Software, Eibach Pro System Plus, Lightweight Flywheel, X-brace, Stage 3 Port-n-Polish head w/5angle valve job, Schrick Cams, 24lbs injectors, 3.38LSD, Euro 6spd
    (Sold!!)89 325ix-ESS Supercharger, Weicher Sport Stress Bar, B+G Lowering Springs, M-Tech Body Kit, 17in Rims
    08 MB GL450 Wifey's Ride
    07 VW GTI Daily Beater