Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ahhh... the "joys" of Living In California

My Cars
    240SX, RRC,M3

Ahhh... the "joys" of Living In California

As you all should know, I live in California. I know a good deal of you also live in this wonderful state. Lush landscapes, nice roads, pretty women. Oh, and Gray Davis, CARB, and Berkeley. How about this: in 9 years, the emissions laws will be tougher to pass. USLEVs will be the norm. We'll get 100hp Porsches and 10hp Civics. Yay. (Ok, so I exaggerated a wee bit on that last part.) I say we don't let them do this. All the California Bimmer owners should band together and completely deadlock Sacramento. We should do donuts on the lawns of the Capitol. Let those fackers know that we're pissed. Oh, and while we're at it, let's send those X5 elite to romp all over Davis' house and land. Plant more trees, Davis. Get your hands outta the pockets of the moneymen and just say no to housing developments. Plant forests, not foundations. (I'm not trying to sound like a treehugger, but, dammit, I don't want to move and I don't want emissions to change. You can fix pollution problems with trees.) Ok, there. Tell me what you think.
    1992 Nissan 240SX Track Rat
    1998 M3/4/5 74k mile daily driver
    1990 325i Manual Sedan Project

My Cars
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
    Oh My GOD! Gray Davis SUCKS ASS!
    California sucks right now. If you get caught racing or exibitions (i.e. burnouts, ya you know of course) you get fined $500 and/or up to 6 months in jail. well, thats in some parts i guess. heard that from a street racing group in my area. www.cvsr.net . they are horrible. don't go to their site.
    ///Mooo

My Cars
    '92 535i/5
    Gray Davis can suck it. I don't even live in CA anymore and it pisses me off.

'97 318i (Sold) - '96 M3/5 Lux (Sold) - '03 X5 3.0i Sport (Sold) - '03 SV650 (Sold) - '92 535i/5

My Cars
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
    oh ya.
    and the fucking Salton Sea.
    It sometimes stinks up my area. SMELLS LIKE SHIT FRESH IN THE BOWL. It is NASTY!
    GOD! I LIV ELIKE 100 miles away from that polluted SHITHOLE!
    ///Mooo

My Cars
    Still looking for the perfect weekend car.
    I agree, but with these smog nazi's we only get great year round weather worthy of Florida types without bugs and crappy hurricanes. Sure California has it's share of CARB emmisions, liberal hoo-haw and elitest assholes, but please.

Generalization is for the birds.

now, F-you, move outta my way, I need a latte my carphone is ringing. my son Rodney is late for his soccer game, oh and I need to do my makeup. :-P

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    Originally posted by ///Milk
    oh ya.
    and the fucking Salton Sea.
    It sometimes stinks up my area. SMELLS LIKE SHIT FRESH IN THE BOWL. It is NASTY!
    GOD! I LIV ELIKE 100 miles away from that polluted SHITHOLE!

Isn't that what the Eco-Nazi's lovingly refer to as "wetland habitat?"

http://www.pushback.com/

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    84.318i - 97.M3/4
    How is that bad?

Originally posted by ///Milk
    Oh My GOD! Gray Davis SUCKS ASS!
    California sucks right now. If you get caught racing or exibitions (i.e. burnouts, ya you know of course) you get fined $500 and/or up to 6 months in jail. well, thats in some parts i guess. heard that from a street racing group in my area. www.cvsr.net . they are horrible. don't go to their site.

My Cars
    E92 M3
    I guarentee you it'll be easy to beat the system and get a more powerful car. Do you actually think even 50% of the population will comply? Probably not. What the hell can California do about it? Not much, unless they want to lose half their population. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

My Cars
    :)
    Bugs? What bugs? Unless you are living in the everglades i dont think you really have to worry about bugs.

As far as the huuricane issue goes, as long as you dont live right on the water the chances of you being severely affected by a huuricane are very very slim.

Man i love Florida

My Cars
    240SX, RRC,M3
    Ok, if Cali does change emissions, like I give a damn. I'll probably just get those headers I've wanted...

You people do know that Gray Davis (who had a 10 BILLION dollar SURPLUS when he came into office) is the reason that the ENTIRE US ECONOMY is in the SHITTER...

And I gurantee we are in a depression until the day he is out of office.

My Cars
    I love turbos!
    You forgot about the 2 great valleys of California, Silicon for N. Cali and Silicone for S. Cali.

Pretty soon they will charge you everytime you fart since it increases the methane levels in the atmoshpere.

My Cars
    I own nothing.
    Well, I hate to burst your bubble but right now all Hondas are at least LEV, now most are ULEVs. For Honda, it will not be a stretch to become SULEV certified without loosing to much power.

It is those fuckin SUVs and huge trucks that will be a bitch to pass. If he mandates that all trucks have to be SULEV compliant I am all for it.
    WHY?
    Because it will make them so damn expensive and so underpowered that it will drive down sales of trucks and people will get back to driving cars.

(Also, although I am an avid car enthusiast, I believe I have a responsibility to help protect the environment. But thats just me)

My Cars
    four wheels
    not to make anyone mad, but i have a smog exempt address in california and i live in san diego

My Cars
    '05 997 C2, '15 JKU
    "Red Davis"
    this space reserved for pissing off liberals...

ronthebabboonslayer: "helmet guy's post is far from polluting"

My Cars
    84.318i - 97.M3/4
    Bring over the diesel cars... that's all I have to say.

They're slow but fuel economy and low emmission is excellent.

My Cars
    96 M3, 86 Saleen Mustang, 96 FullSize Bronco
    Originally posted by 95sdm3
    not to make anyone mad, but i have a smog exempt address in california and i live in san diego
    huh?
    96 Arctic Silver M3 - Kuhmo Estcas on Hartge Type D 18's, PAR Intake, Sharked, Elipsoids w/ Gen Iv HID Blue DDE's and smoke corners/SuperFog, TMS LTW flywheel & TME's, X-Brace, JT RSM's,ConeCam video gear & stealth mounted V1 w/ InV1siMirror,JT undertray, Motorsport rotors w/ Ferodo DS 3000 and 2500's, Bilstein Sports with Eibach's,SwayBarbarians & UUC SS Comp Evo SSK, SuperSprint exhaust and Schroth harness'es, JT brake ducts......Coming - front and rear JT braces...
    My name is Juan Pablo Montoya. You lapped my father. Prepare to die.

Ventura, Calif. / Scottsdale, Ariz. / Tucson, Ariz
    My Cars
    '96 BMW
    Originally posted by omoore61
    Bugs? What bugs? Unless you are living in the everglades i dont think you really have to worry about bugs.

As far as the huuricane issue goes, as long as you dont live right on the water the chances of you being severely affected by a huuricane are very very slim.

Man i love Florida
    I've been to Florida twice and I hated it both times. The weather there SUCKS.

Ventura, Calif. / Scottsdale, Ariz. / Tucson, Ariz
    My Cars
    '96 BMW
    Originally posted by buttuh
    Bring over the diesel cars... that's all I have to say.

They're slow but fuel economy and low emmission is excellent.
    You're CRAZY! Diesel gives off more emissions than gasoline!

My Cars
    84.318i - 97.M3/4
    Not the new ones... you're talking about the old diesel.. that's stone age.

My Cars
    240SX, RRC,M3
    Buttuh's right... the new diesels are clean and get mad mpg. BMW 330d gets like 40mpg, but still does 0-60 in the 6s or 7s. How cool is that?

My Cars
    318ti
    Not only that diesels can burn biodiesel which has the potential to reduce green house gases and reduce our reliance on foreign oil while supporting our own agricultural industry. Read up about it here... http://www.biodiesel.org

My Cars
    91 318is
    Diesels are the shit for sho....I just got back from Costa Rica and there are a ton of diesels there.....but the old kind

a lot of hyundais too, like you wouldn't believe, and everyone has a banner or sticker for TRD or other such nonsense. oo, lots of daihatsu's too.

My Cars
    E92 M3,335i, Odyssey
    The ULEV is not a big deal. It's the limitation on CO2 emissions that's REALLY f*ucked up. It's basically limiting how much fuel you can burn.

There's no question that Davis and CARB are ASSHOLES. They mandated electric cars and alternative fuel cars and NO ONE bought them. It was great seeing the CHP giving a ticket to a Honda Hybrid this morning on the 405 North. Can't believe Republican's got Bill Siimon to run against Davis. Hell, anyone else would have won, except that criminal Simon.
    SOLD: '96 Artic Silver M3/2 Lux Click here for pic's. 2003 X5 4.6is: Nav, loading floor, comfort seats
    2007 E90 335i: Titanium Silver/Black/Aluminum trim, Sport, Premium, Heated seats (for the wife), iPOD, MORR VS7
    2011 E92 M3: Space Grey/Black/Blue aluminum trim, Premium, iDrive, DCT

My Cars
    94 325, 07 328
    not to mention they restrict flashlight length

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast