Thread: Please help me with kidney grill removal.

My Cars
    E92 M3,335i, Odyssey

Please help me with kidney grill removal.

How do you take off the Kidney grills on a '96 M3? I got the shroud off but couldn't figure out how to get the grill and rings off. I saw all the clamps but couldn't pop anything out and didn't want to break anything. I want to black out the chrome. Thanks for any help.
    SOLD: '96 Artic Silver M3/2 Lux Click here for pic's. 2003 X5 4.6is: Nav, loading floor, comfort seats
    2007 E90 335i: Titanium Silver/Black/Aluminum trim, Sport, Premium, Heated seats (for the wife), iPOD, MORR VS7
    2011 E92 M3: Space Grey/Black/Blue aluminum trim, Premium, iDrive, DCT

My Cars
    e36 328is,T4R, is250AWD
    I just took mine off yesterday...I just used some short screwdrivers to pry open the clips. (I sorta bent back the black pieces to release the chrome pieces. One you do that, you can pull out the entire kidney (slats and chrome surround) out the front.

My Cars
    E92 M3,335i, Odyssey
    Do you have to remove the black grills first and then the chrome surrounds or does it come out all at once? Thanks.
    SOLD: '96 Artic Silver M3/2 Lux Click here for pic's. 2003 X5 4.6is: Nav, loading floor, comfort seats
    2007 E90 335i: Titanium Silver/Black/Aluminum trim, Sport, Premium, Heated seats (for the wife), iPOD, MORR VS7

My Cars
    e36 328is,T4R, is250AWD
    mine came out all at once, you just have to tilt the thing a little bit so it will fit perfectly through the hole.

My Cars
    2005 M3

Another option.....

I have the Bently shop manual for the 3-series (definitely a worthwhile investment) and all it says to do is lightly tap the center of the grill with your fist. The chrome rings will pull out from the front. It sugessts removeing the radiator shroud, but didn't say it was necessary. Hope this helps....

My Cars
    E92 M3,335i, Odyssey
    jm, so I push in on the black grill part from the outside of the car right since it says you don't have to remove the radiator shroud and then pull on the chrome rings? I'll give it a try.
    Thanks guys.