RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Frt driver side seat stuck!!

Frt driver side seat stuck!!

The frt drivers side seat in my friend's '93 325 is stuck and will not move forward up to a point. It seems like theres somethin on the seat rail jamming it. I tried crawling under there to see what the problem was but I didn't see nething. I already checked the cable and that is working fine, becuz it still slides but only a limited amount. Ne one familar with this type of problem?? Also I would have taken the whole driver seat out but since the seat doesn't slide all the way forward there is no way to reach the two rear bolts on the sliders. Is it possible to take the seat out using another method?? Ne help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Retired Original
    BIMMERFORUMS
    Administrator
    My Cars
    BMW & Lexus
    Q - "...the seat doesn't slide all the way forward there is no way to reach the two rear bolts on the sliders. Is it possible to take the seat out using another method?"

A - BEFORE you remove the seat you MUST disarm the mechanical seat tensioner, or it could fire and 1) Be ruined ($$$) or 2) Hurt you!!

To do this look under the front of the seat and you will see a cable ending in a platic thingie with ears. This is held into a metal bracket with a wire tie. Cut the tie and carefully turn/wiggle the cable end thingie until it releases from the metal bracket. This takes the small amount of tension off the triggering mechanism.

Now you can unbolt and MANHANDLE the seat...of course after disconnecting the seat belt latch switch wires.

Hope this helps...

Bob ///M3