Thread: Side mirror problem

My Cars
    2000 BMW 328ci

Side mirror problem

I have been reading the boards about this and have a couple things to try over thanksgiving break while I'm not working but I think my problem may be a little different then most.

My mirror memory works, well..sort of. If I press a memory button the mirrors move, I am unsure if they move to the right position though...and if I try to manually adjust them using the switch on my driver side door nothing will move. Also, my right mirror will move down in reverse but only if I have the switch on the door in the right position (that's normal).

So it seems like the only thing not working is the joystick adjustments.

Any thoughts?

My Cars
    2000 BMW 328ci
    On my lunch break I confirmed that my mirrors will move to the right position with memory, and my passenger mirror DOES move in reverse if I have the switch to the left, but the joystick will not manually adjust either mirror.

Is it the switch? How do I get the switch out of the door so I can ohm it out?

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    The passenger mirror tilts in reverse when the switch is in the left position. Putting it to the right side position cancels this function. If the only thing not working is the joystick, I'd try a new mirror switch first.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 328ci
    I forgot about this thread

I installed a new switch today and still nothing. Could loose wires be the culprit? How do I check them?