Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fixed the Buzzing Noise in my Dash!!!!! (HVAC Sampling Fan cleaning - No pics)

My Cars
    1997 528i
    Just did this to my 97 bimmer, and used a synthetic lube
    My Girls

97heath528i is offline Eager to learn/wrench BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    97 528i Canyon Red
    I finally did this, but after putting it together I have no power to the unit. If I unplug the black plug harness the blower will work. If I replace this unit does it need to be recoded?

My Cars
    99 E39 540iat sport
    Heard the noise, found this thread, took it apart. Cleaned. Put it back together. Same noise. Took it apart again, put some ATF (less than a drop) on the pin (had ATF and engine oil i ln trunk, ATF was closer reach to hand). Noise gone.
    Thanks guys.

P.s. the system is not 'less efficient' if you remove the fan. Auto mode is absolutely useless. The thermocouple resistor sitting behind the grille is receiving voltage all the time. It heats up. Static air flow will never cool it down to ambient temperature. And im not a tech engineer or smth, its common sense.

My Cars
    2002 M5
    Does the noise almost sound like a tire rubbing or something? Ever few days I hear a noise, it's not speed rpm sensitive and it's still there if I turn off my AC completely and turn off the radio. After about 15 - 30 seconds the noise goes away usually.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123