Thread: Question for Chris, Windy City Chapter

My Cars
    03 Evo
    What engine mods are you running? I have heard rumors, but I don't know if they're true.
    Vishal

'03 Track Evo
    '97 Eurosport TS M3 - Sold
    [Track Videos]

My Cars
    E39 M5

Post Here are 97 M3/4 engine mods

Originally posted by V Shah
    What engine mods are you running? I have heard rumors, but I don't know if they're true.
    1997 M3/4

Dinan stage 5
    Schrick intake, extruded and honed
    Higher flow fuel pressure regular

Dinan stage 2 clutch assembly with light weight fly wheel

3.38 diff

See Lounge, Today is the day, for recent and all modifications planned at ACS in Germany.

Is this what you want?
    Cheers

My Cars
    03 Evo
    Hmm OK, thanx for the reply.
    Vishal

'03 Track Evo
    [Track Videos]

My Cars
    E39 M5

Arrow V. Shah

Hmm OK, thanx for the reply.

Are You thinking about the 00 M5/4 ACS V12 LMR and my 97 M3/4 Dinan?

I have 3 BMW's including a 92 535 winter driver.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3

Lightbulb

No, he told me he heard that your car had a powerdyne supercharger and intercooler with a boost controller. We were both thinking as to how the hell this would happen.

Later,
    Josh

My Cars
    E39 M5

Angry I did dood it

Originally posted by Josh///M3
    No, he told me he heard that your car had a powerdyne supercharger and intercooler with a boost controller. We were both thinking as to how the hell this would happen.

Later,
    Josh
    Hey Josh,

A few days ago I received an urgent email from a guy out in Tulsa, OK replying to one of the items I had posted for sale.

He said he wanted my phone number to call me. OK, I replied with my phone number.

The first thing he told me was that he was calling me over the internet, that he did not like to use email.

He's gonna call me because the call is fookin free?

He had expressed no interest in what he at first wanted to buy.

I think he said he was from Tulsa. I asked him if he knew Brandonb from Tulsa, who had just got a M3 last month.

He knew Brandonb and he didn't like Brandonb because he was a teenager? So he would not help out a fellow bimwad driver.

Several of us on the forum had welcomed Brandonb aboard, congrat's to him on his first purchase of a BMW M3 and had been helping brandonb sort thru some problems with his car.

I was starting to dislike this guy.

So, the caller started talking about his Dinan Powerdyne s/c, claimed it was rebuilt 3 times. Each time he delt direct with Powerdyne? I asked him if he was aware Powerdyne redesigned their s/c and that it was bullet proof. He didn't know? What about the Dinan warranty? Then he said again it was a Dinan product. I asked him why he was dealing with Powerdyne if it was a Dinan product under warranty? It was a confusing conversation about whether it was a Dinan Powerdyne or a powerdyne product, why it keeps breaking, etc, etc.

The above is the short version, he had been yakking for about 20 minutes about his Powerdyne s/c yadda, yadda, yadda.

I finally got pissed with him and told him I had a "Powerdyne s/c with a boost controller, intercooler and a pop off valve and waste gate. I can boost it to 12-15 lbs."

He huma, huma, huma several times and then I said I gotta go. -
    Cheers

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3

Thumbs up

Oh ok.... do you have an SC on the m? I'm running stage 4 right now. How do you think the difference is from stage 4 to stage 5? is it worth it?

Thanx in advance,
    Josh

My Cars
    E39 M5

Arrow Stage 5 is interesting

Originally posted by Josh///M3
    Oh ok.... do you have an SC on the m? I'm running stage 4 right now. How do you think the difference is from stage 4 to stage 5? is it worth it?

Thanx in advance,
    Josh
    Hi Josh,

No s/c on my M3.

I'm running an optimized stage 5 set up.

Dinan stage 5 is an interesting stage. There are a few things that has to be done to optimize the Schrick intake and stage 5 to squeeze out incremental performance improvement and hp.

1. Schrick manifold intake, $1,200.00, plus about $450.00 for installation

2. Extrude and hone the Schrick, $600.00, plus shipping

3. Dinan Higher flow fuel pressure regulator, $120.00, about a 10 minute install.

4. Dinan Stage 5 software download, $50.00

The additional performance improvement of about 20 - 25 hp is expensive to achieve.

The benefits/costs to attain the performance increase can only be determined by the driver/owner.

You can also use the Schrick and higher flow fuel pressure requlator with a Dinan s/c. Vortech or Powerdyne.

With the Dinan Powerdyne s/c you can also use the euro HFM for an additional performance improvement and 20 hp.

It was worth it to me.

I incrementally added my Dinan components, giving me significant experience with each component as an add on.

Josh, I hope you have found this info and experience to be helpful for you.

My Cars
    03 Evo
    Chris, sorry if I came across harsh at first, just wanted to know if what I heard about your "supercharger" was true.

Please post some pics of your M5 when you get a chance.
    Vishal

'03 Track Evo
    [Track Videos]

My Cars
    E39 M5

Talking

Chris, sorry if I came across harsh at first, just wanted to know if what I heard about your "supercharger" was true.

Please post some pics of your M5 when you get a
    chance.
    Hi V,

I didn't think you were harsh, no problem, not to worry about it. I was just a little confused about your question, until Josh's posting.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3

Smile

Thanx for replying so quickly Chris. I appreciate all the info u tell me. I'd go with that but its too much money for me right now.... i'd probably go with that stage 5 and a dinan supercharger, RMS intercooler, and Dinan ISR3 software. Thats when i make quite a bit.

Talk to u later,
    Josh