Thread: Fuel Injector O-Rings?

My Cars
    '95 Dakar M3

Fuel Injector O-Rings?

Anyone have the part number for these? I'm talking about the o-rings that go on the bottom part of the injector, where it fits into the injector bossing of the manifold, NOT the top o-ring where the injector plugs into the fuel rail. (The one I'm talking about is where I put the red arrow on the pic, as opposed to #4 which is the top o-ring.)

I was at the dealer and they informed me that there was no such part, only a top o-ring and that I would most likely have to buy new injectors. I checked on RealOEM and confirmed this. There has to be a part somewhere tho, they cant just expect you to buy all new injectors.

If anyone knows the part number, or the size and type of o-ring, and what kind of store I could find a replacement at, I'd greatly appreciate it. Also anyone know any places that I could take my fuel rail + injectors to and have them clean the injector tips etc. Something with like a 2 day turn around, or same day. Thanks.

My Cars
    97 M3 and 04 xB (DD)
    they dont sell parts of the injector at the stealers. I found that out the hard way too. You also wont find it at autozone or pepboys. But they have something called a "sealing kit" at NAPA auto parts for fuel injectors that cost about 6 bucks. It comes with O-rings and the pintel cover as well. Give NAPA a ring and they will have that part for you! GOOD LUCK!

JEFF

My Cars
    '95 Dakar M3
    SWEET! That's exactly what I needed.

What about a place to get your fuel injectors serviced tho? Will a typical independent shop be able to do this?

My Cars
    97 M3 and 04 xB (DD)
    Im not really sure about getting your fuel injector serviced. You can ask the people at NAPA where you could go they are very helpful. Where are you in california? because i know a shop that services injectors around SOCAL. They are in carson, ca and are called RC engineering.

JEFF

Quote Originally Posted by JeffCupino View Post
    they dont sell parts of the injector at the stealers. I found that out the hard way too. You also wont find it at autozone or pepboys. But they have something called a "sealing kit" at NAPA auto parts for fuel injectors that cost about 6 bucks. It comes with O-rings and the pintel cover as well. Give NAPA a ring and they will have that part for you! GOOD LUCK!

JEFF

Autozone sells the seal kit as well.

My Cars
    '95 Dakar M3
    K so about this seal kit, I searched on the forums and found out that 1990 Ford Mustang 5.0's used the same injector o-rings as the E-30's. However I thought it had said E-36 and I bought the fuel injection sealing kit from napa for the 5.0, or E30 M50. Anyone know if these will still fit in the E36 M injectors? They come with the o-rings and the pintel cover thing. And if they don't fit, what domestic car has the same o-rings as the E36 M's? Because I was not able to find the o-rings I needed at napa.

So basically, moral of the story: Will E30 injector o-rings fit on my E36 injectors?
    Last edited by VeNo///M; 11-17-2006 at 12:53 AM.

My Cars
    97 M3 and 04 xB (DD)
    are you sure? well i just went to NAPA and told them what i needed and they had it. Make sure to ask them to cross reference because it can be the same part for another car. im not sure if the mustang 5.0 is the same. just ask them they wouldnt mind. at least mine didnt.

JEFF

Quote Originally Posted by VeNo///M View Post
    K so about this seal kit, I searched on the forums and found out that 1990 Ford Mustang 5.0's used the same injector o-rings as the E-30's. However I thought it had said E-36 and I bought the fuel injection sealing kit from napa for the 5.0, or E30 M50. Anyone know if these will still fit in the E36 M injectors? They come with the o-rings and the pintel cover thing. And if they don't fit, what domestic car has the same o-rings as the E36 M's? Because I was not able to find the o-rings I needed at napa.

So basically, moral of the story: Will E30 injector o-rings fit on my E36 injectors?

My Cars
    '95 Dakar M3
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffCupino View Post
    are you sure? well i just went to NAPA and told them what i needed and they had it. Make sure to ask them to cross reference because it can be the same part for another car. im not sure if the mustang 5.0 is the same. just ask them they wouldnt mind. at least mine didnt.

JEFF
    They only had 1 of the kits for my car, which is enoguh to do one injector. No good. And it would of taken a few days to order.

If anyone knows if the E30 injector o-rings are the same as the ones for the E36 injectors please chime in! TIA!

My Cars
    97 M3 sedan black on black, 90 325i
    Pelican parts, the o-ring is the same part for the top and bottom. You'll cut the bottom one off with sharp xacto knife, then use a 10mm wrench to pop off the plastic nozzle to install the new o-ring, then snap the nozzle back in place. Be VERY careful removing the old nozzle, as you'll damage it when snapping out the old nozzle if not careful, and there are not replacements available for the nozzle.

Take your old injectors to a diesel shop, they can tune up and balance your old injectors for you.
    Tom --M3 SEDAN CLUB #55
    (TDWyatt)

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -Plato

My Cars
    '95 Dakar M3
    Yea I know how to take them out, i'm not worried about breaking the green tip as the kit I bought came with replacements for it. But I still need to know if the o-rings I bought for the E30 will fit the E36!!!!

If anyone knows if the E30 injector o-rings are the same size as the ones for the E36 injectors please chime in! TIA!

My Cars
    2002 525i Sport/5
    When I bought O-rings for my 635 injectors (same on most BMW's), I believe we cross referenced it with an 8-series car. Why they had that car in their system as opposed to the more common cars is beyond me. Also, the kit comes with a little plastic cone shaped tool that you place over the nozzle. Once in place it allows you to slip the o-ring into place without removal of the nozzle.

I believe the Mustang/Ford o-rings are a tad bit larger than the BMW o-rings. Many guys have used them with no problem on E24's and E28's, but they are not exactly the same. And yes, the o-rings are the same for the top and bottom.

The E30 325, E36 328, and E36 M3 all use the same size o-ring which happens to be 7.8 x 3.6.