Thread: FS: 8" and 6x9 speaker adapters for E36's! HOT

My Cars
    Bimmer 325iS

Thumbs up FS: 8" and 6x9 speaker adapters for E36's! HOT

Hi All!
    I make speaker adapters for E36 BMW's which will let you easily add 6x9's or 8" subs under the rear deck.
    If you are going to upgrade have a look at these.
    Please visit my site: http://Scorpion.makes.it
    I have sold many to members at DTMpower.net, bimmer.org and Ebay.

Any questions please feel free to email me!greatbuys007@hotmail.com

Best,
    Kurt

----------
    1993 dark blue 325iS
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    1993 325iS, slowly getting modified.
    Vibrant Strut Bar, A/T chip, BMP 9" Intake & Heat Shield, M3 Exhaust, M3 front lip on stock 325 bumper, M3 rear diffuser on stock 325 bumper, M3 Springs, Bilsien Sports, A/T E46 shifter mod, Deluxe wood trim, Performance-built 4L30 Trans, Turner ECU chip, Custom A/T chip, Fan delete mod, kick-@ss stereo

My Cars
    '92 535i/5
    They're too expensive. :/ Nice though.

'97 318i (Sold) - '96 M3/5 Lux (Sold) - '03 X5 3.0i Sport (Sold) - '03 SV650 (Sold) - '92 535i/5

My Cars
    '02 Subie WRX Wagon
    The "Cheap-O" plastic ones you speak of are really nice..actually there is a set for sale on eBay...The seller is a great person to deal with and ships lightning fast..."Buy now" is only $39 + $6.50 shipping..Which is cheap AND cheaper than what I spent on them! Bu tnow that I'm using them it was well worth the $$...
    .....you say "sandwich."
    Anson HAD a '97 M3/4a Cosmos/black w/ some good stuffs......He also HAD a '04 Pontiac GTO (Goat) Quicksilver/black w/ Lingenfelter CAI....Now he has a '02 Subie WRX wagon....stuffs on the way

My Cars
    Bimmer 325iS
    Cool cool- thanks for the feedback guys.
    I've used the plastic ones and you certainly do not get the good bass transference of the wooden ones I make- It's simply physics of material density and that is why all of your good speaker enclosures are made out of either wood or composite resins. That's why I started making these adapters, because I wanted the bass response of a subwoofer without losing trunk space.
    Also, there is no 8" plastic adapter on the market- JL Audio makes the 8" Stealth boxes and they cost well over $250, which makes my 8" subwoofer adapters a good buy.
    My prices are very fair, remember they are hand made, solid wood and backed with a performance guarantee.
    If the plastics sound good for you that's awesome, of course cheap plastic ones will cost less and still sound much better than stock because you can now add a bigger speaker.
    Hey, aren't the stock BMW speakers made out of plastic??? Hmmm....wonder why they sound so junk.....

Anywayz, don't knock my adapters until you try them- it's the same as buying a $12 ebay strut bar versus a good $300 AC strut bar- They both will work, but one will work much better and last much longer. It all comes down to what your acceptance level is for the $$, and if you want the best for your ride.

I've been doing custom audio for 15 years, so I do know my stuff.

Best,
    Kurt
    Last edited by )-shArk>; 12-24-2002 at 11:46 PM.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Vibrant Strut Bar, A/T chip, BMP 9" Intake & Heat Shield, M3 Exhaust, M3 front lip on stock 325 bumper, M3 rear diffuser on stock 325 bumper, M3 Springs, Bilsien Sports, A/T E46 shifter mod, Deluxe wood trim, Performance-built 4L30 Trans, Turner ECU chip, Custom A/T chip, Fan delete mod, kick-@ss stereo

My Cars
    '02 Subie WRX Wagon
    Good for you...Enjoy your adapters..I'm sure they are just as good if not better..... I can get into the whole sound wave physics factor of both designs..but it's only a 6x9 they will either sund like crap or sound good when mounted....Oh BTW have you read the admin's vendor rules? And I also know a guy that just sold his set of your adapters for a set of the "cheap-O" plastic ones...Go figure....And, BTW, how's that a way for a vendor to respond to potential buyers

Happy Holidays!
    Last edited by Drea///M3; 12-25-2002 at 01:42 AM.

My Cars
    991.1 / 958.2
    Yeah, this guy knows his stuff. :

He started trying to throw out "technical" terms at another forum and used them in the wrong manner. When I informed him of what they really meant, he never posted again...

How can you compare your speaker mounts to JL stealthboxes?

First off, your speaker rings simply hang the speaker there and do not seperate the front and back waves of the speaker, therefore creating cancellation. If this were a true IB install, then you would have to COMPLETLY seperate the trunk from the cabin. Hell, you have air leaks all the way around your rings.

Second, the JL stealthbox includes a small sealed enclsoure, eliminating the problem you have. There is no way you can compare the performace of an enclosed sub to one the is mearly floating in space with nothing to stop front and back waves.

You might want to spend a little more time in custom audio, because you obviously do NOT know your stuff.

Happy Holidays

Larry

My Cars
    Bimmer 325iS
    OMFG- what a jerk!
    On Xmas no less...

I remember you- You did the same thing on the other site, just flamed and then left after I posted a reply.
    The product speaks for itself and everyone who has used them is very satisfied with the results- That's why I remember you because you are the only person who has ever tried to bash me.

As far as the application and IB stuff, for the $$$ these still are a very adequate solution and work well. If you had owned a set and were speaking from direct experience this would be a different story, but your only purpose here is to flame *again*.

1. We're not talking true IB here anyway, even the JL's are not true IB but cost way more $$$. There is no sealed enclosure on the Stealth's because the back is open to the trunk and you still have the over-all trunk to cabin air leaks.- what are you talking about son?
    2. Of course a sealed enclosure provides much better response, now you are talking a whole different type of installation and dollar amount, not to mention lost trunk space.

Peace dude. Why don't you take your free time and design something better for the same $$, or post a very cost-effective DIY. Then we'll talk.
    Last edited by )-shArk>; 12-25-2002 at 11:06 AM.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My Cars
    Bimmer 325iS
    Drea- If you like the plastic ones that is fine!
    You are absolutely right that it all comes down to how it sounds in your car.
    I'm really surprised to hear that someone sold a set of mine and went with plastic adapters instead- That doesn't make any sense!
    I know of one person who sold a set of 6x9 adapters that they bought from me because they also bought a set of 8" adapters from me later on. If you know this person please have them post here or email me as to what the problem was- I am very interested as I have sold many of these and not had a single solitary complaint- only thanks and good feedback!!
    There's just no way a set of plastic ones could make any difference or improvement in sound quality over wooden adapters, I would like to hear about it in detail.
    My apologies if I inadvertently insulted you, my previous post to you was not meant that way.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My Cars
    991.1 / 958.2
    Hmmmm, I still visit that site. Let me see, oh still no reply from you.

I NEVER said the JL's were IB. You need to read before you speak. The ones at one of the JL dealers here are sealed.

I am not the only person flaming you. Drea is as well.

I don't believe in cost effective stereo equipment - because there isn't such a thing. You charge $65 for two pieces of MDF screwed together. TO me that is not cost effective.

I especially loves this line from your site "at least subwoofers with specifications built for durability." Since when do a subs specs have ANYTHING to do with durability? That's what I thought...

My Cars
    Bimmer 325iS
    LOL- Sheesh bro, did you have a lousy Xmas or what??
    We're only talking about speaker adapters here, this is not really that big of an issue.
    Like I said earlier, come up with a better and lower-priced setup that is easy for the average person to install and use, plus is something you can produce regularly. And, you have to provide shipping, customer support, helpful tips and maintain a website. Then get back to me.

I'm just trying to provide a simple and reasonably priced solution that works well for the average bimmer owner, and since you do sound like a fairly intelligent person why don't you concentrate your efforts toward a more positive goal?

BTW, there really is a huge relationship between subwoofer specs and durability. And there are specs which dictate how much abuse a given speaker is designed to take.
    Voice coil diameter, cone stiffness / materials, design of surround, cast basket or machined, excursion maximum, power rating, magnet structure, motor assembly, damping, etc.
    You wouldn't use a radio-shack 10" 50w sub for 1000w rock concert monitors would you? Perhaps you misunderstood me and thought I was only speaking of frequency specs?

Anyway, peace dude- This is sort of a non-argument and it's not really important who knows more than who.

What's important is helping people who want good sound for their ride, but are not as well versed in stereo equipment or installation design.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My Cars
    1995 BMW 325i
    :

Wow, tough crowd....

AL (not selling anything....)

My Cars
    Bimmer 325iS
    Yup, it sure is sometimes.... LOL
    I used to live in Tacoma! North 31st Street, North end...
    How's winter been treating you up there? I Miss all the good snowboarding at Crystal Mtn and Snoqualmie....
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My Cars
    1995 BMW 325i
    Been wet (no surprise there, eh?) and the boarding has been pretty much non-existant. Whistler may have some snow, but Crystal dosen't, nor does the Pass. Here's hoping though!

AL

My Cars
    Bimmer 325iS
    Wow- surprised! We've had quite a bit down here at the local mountain, snow down to 4,000ft.. Of course, Big Bear lake is absolutely pathetic compared to up north.
    The pipe and park at Bear Mountain is pretty sweet though, although small.....and lift tix are more expensive...

Hope some nice dry powdery stuff falls your direction soon, I'm going to try to get up there in February!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My Cars
    Bimmer 325iS
    Here's the link to JL Audios' Stealth boxes in case anyone wants to read up on them. http://www.jlaudio.com/stealthbox/3series.html

Incase the above flamed-out posts have gotten anyone confused, the JL's are not a sealed speaker design and rely on the Infinite Baffle (IB) principle to produce bass.
    They do sound very good, although I think they are a bit pricey new. If you can find a used set for $250 or less with good speakers that would be a nice deal.

My 8" adapters work on the same principle and were designed to be a less expensive solution, although you must supply your own subwoofers. Also my adapters fit 96-98 4 door sedans whereas the JL's do not.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>