Bavarian Soundwerks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Sony GT-400 installed pics

My Cars
    97 328i, 97 Pathfinder, 65 Mustang 289

Wanted: Sony GT-400 installed pics

I want to decide if I can live with the gunmetal face.
    Parker

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3
    I have a GT500, and it looks great.

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9754/dsc00737em5.jpg

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/5475/dsc00881bz3.jpg

Lights also match well at night.

Excuse the rice shit shift knob, it's just a temp until I get a new light up ///M one. Stupid thing kept falling out so I'm using this as a temp.

My Cars
    E91 xiT CA Navi BT
    Uh, you have any with the lights on?
    VP Electricity

2007 E91 328xi T Premium Nav BT CA - PnP custom audio system by musicar northwest

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by el.duderino View Post
    Uh, you have any with the lights on?
    I can take some tonight if anyone responds saying they want to see.

He just asked about the grey part, not the lights :-P

My Cars
    91 535i stick
    ugh. why sony??

1991 535i_Manual_E.A.T. Superchip_Weapon R Intake_Magnaflow Exhaust_
    ACS Interior_Black 18" BBS Style Rims_
    2 15" Kicker L7's_2 Kenwood KAC9102D Amps_Alpine CDA-9813_Sirius Stratus Unit

My Cars
    Because they are relativly cheap and seem to be a pretty good match for the interior lights.
    Parker

My Cars
    E91 xiT CA Navi BT
    This CD mech seems to be pretty reliable. Decent iPod integration.
    VP Electricity

2007 E91 328xi T Premium Nav BT CA - PnP custom audio system by musicar northwest

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pofke13LT View Post
    ugh. why sony??
    Ugh, why keep bringing the "LOL sony" stuff in where it doesn't apply? Sony is usually hated for bad sound quality or proprietary technology.

The radio noise is minimal on Sony headunits, and 2V preouts don't really make a difference. And it's hard to make a head unit proprietary.

Stop saying LOLSONYSUCKS just because its what you're used to.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I have a GT500, and it looks great.

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9754/dsc00737em5.jpg

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/5475/dsc00881bz3.jpg

Lights also match well at night.

Excuse the rice shit shift knob, it's just a temp until I get a new light up ///M one. Stupid thing kept falling out so I'm using this as a temp.
    Man, your interior is so friggin clean.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by el.duderino View Post
    This CD mech seems to be pretty reliable. Decent iPod integration.
    I have read that from a variety of sources. The 2V outputs are a little weak, but this is going to be in the wifes car.
    Parker

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by berr4880 View Post
    I have read that from a variety of sources. The 2V outputs are a little weak, but this is going to be in the wifes car.
    The 2V outs don't really matter as long as you get a good amp, from what I understand.

Also, Sephiroth619, thanks, I try

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3
    Here is the dark shot:
    http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6715/dsc01133zs6.jpg

For some reason some of the lights seem brighter than the others when in in actually they are all more or less the same. Thats as well as I can do with a cameraphone.

My Cars
    E36, E36/8
    Red button illumination like found in some Sonys, Pioneers, and some others can match up pretty well with BMW's dash lighting. Not exact, but they blend in. Not all Sonys are bad, some are bad, some are good. The overrated Alpine is the same, Alpines may be good, but there are some that aren't that good. And the current line doesn't even have matching illumination like last year's models. As a BMW owner, I'm not only after good sound, but usable features and good aesthetics as well. That's why shopping for a HU can be tough.

My Cars
    This is my wife's car and I may inherit it in the next year if we purchase a new car. I am using a concept 504 to power both front comps and a sup, but I will soon bridge the amp to the comps and power the sub with another amp. I am looking for a HU that will allow some flexibility in my setup and more importantly match the interior of the car better then the ancient clarion in the car now.

Plus, that means I can put all the old crap to upgrade the single speaker AM radio in my 65 mustang.
    Parker

My Cars
    '03 330i
    I have a gt-500. I think the 400 is really ugly, I would say get the 500.

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/6209/1000369vd8.jpg (crappy pic )

My Cars
    The 400 and 500 are almost identical. I think the 400 would retain a more stock appearence due to the fact you can change the backgroud color to red.
    Parker

My Cars
    AudioSnob
    Stop saying LOLSONYSUCKS just because its what you're used to.
    OK ...I'll say it ...SONY SUCKS ...I've never said it before because I thought everyone knew. If you are looking for 'bells and whistles and flashing lights' ...you may not care how it sounds ....if you are looking for SQ ...it SUCKS ...ther are worse ...but I'll never own any car stereo from SONY.

>^..^<
    If money is the root of all evil ...why do churches beg for it?

there / they're / their ...then / than ...two / too / to ...bass / base ...bare / bear ...brake / break ...you're / your ...do / due / dew ...patients / patience ...wait / weight ...affect / effect ...know / no ...sell / sale / sail / cell ...whole / hole ...reign / rain ...moot / mute ...its / it's ...pore / pour / poor ...buy / bye / by / bi ...lose / loose ...here / hear ...bore / boar / boor ...waist / waste ...were / we're ...and / an ...mourning / morning ...shelve / shelf ...well / we'll / will ...one / won / Juan ...who's / whose ...through / threw ...for / fore / 4 / four ...bored / board ...steel / steal / still ...scene / seen ....road / rode ...sight / site / cite ...mat / matte ...ascent / ascend ...tear / tare ...throw / throw ...vice / vise ...meat / meet / mete ...learn the difference

An armed man is a citizen ...an unarmed man is a subject.

My Cars
    Do you have experience directly with the GT-400 and GT-500?

I also thought sony sucked until I started reading about the new GT line.

My old sony that broke is the reason I am in to quality Audio, but this is not for me, it is in my wifes car.

Does anyone have experience with the new eclispe stuff. I really dislike that CC carries them now and I know quality must have gone down some, but the CD-2000 and CD-3000 look like they might look decent in an E36.
    Parker

My Cars
    E36, E36/8
    The 400 and 500 are almost identical. I think the 400 would retain a more stock appearence due to the fact you can change the backgroud color to red.
    The red can really come on too strong on the eyes. It's tiring to look at.

My Cars
    E36, E36/8

My old sony that broke is the reason I am in to quality Audio, but this is not for me, it is in my wifes car.

Does anyone have experience with the new eclispe stuff. I really dislike that CC carries them now and I know quality must have gone down some, but the CD-2000 and CD-3000 look like they might look decent in an E36.
    The CD2000/3000 should look decent in an E36. They may sound good but the display of the 3000 kinda sucks. Too many bells & whistles..........too Japanese. And if you listen to mp3 cds a lot, both of them's scrolling feature sucks.

My Cars
    AudioSnob

I have some experience ...I have removed a couple when doing installs ...heard a couple more. Eclipse would be my 4th choice in HU's ...but not the 'lower lines'.

>^..^<

there / they're / their ...then / than ...two / too / to ...bass / base ...bare / bear ...brake / break ...you're / your ...do / due / dew ...patients / patience ...wait / weight ...affect / effect ...know / no ...sell / sale / sail / cell ...whole / hole ...reign / rain ...moot / mute ...its / it's ...pore / pour / poor ...buy / bye / by / bi ...lose / loose ...here / hear ...bore / boar / boor ...waist / waste ...were / we're ...and / an ...mourning / morning ...shelve / shelf ...well / we'll / will ...one / won / Juan ...who's / whose ...through / threw ...for / fore / 4 / four ...bored / board ...steel / steal / still ...scene / seen ....road / rode ...sight / site / cite ...mat / matte ...ascent / ascend ...tear / tare ...throw / throw ...vice / vise ...meat / meet / mete ...learn the difference

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by IamCatman View Post
    OK ...I'll say it ...SONY SUCKS ...I've never said it before because I thought everyone knew. If you are looking for 'bells and whistles and flashing lights' ...you may not care how it sounds ....if you are looking for SQ ...it SUCKS ...ther are worse ...but I'll never own any car stereo from SONY.

>^..^<

You're a fool. Sony Xplod amplifiers and speakers suck. Their head units do not.

But please, by all means keep prolonging something that is no longer true.
    Thats like saying Hyundais are still pieces of shit when its clear they've made massive strides and are actually reliable now.

My Cars
    AudioSnob
    You're a fool. Sony Xplod amplifiers and speakers suck. Their head units do not.

But please, by all means keep prolonging something that is no longer true.
    Thats like saying Hyundais are still pieces of shit when its clear they've made massive strides and are actually reliable now.
    No ...it all SUCKS ....the HU's just don't SUCK as bad as the speakers and amps. You analogy of comparing SONY to Hyundai is a good one. Hyundai has come a long way ...but I would never own one. If SONY and Hyundai are 'good enough' for you (or you can't hear the difference) then consider yourseld lucky ...you have saved a butt load of $$$ ...just don't try to convince me (or anyone else) that it is quality.

>^..^<

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by IamCatman View Post
    No ...it all SUCKS ....the HU's just don't SUCK as bad as the speakers and amps. You analogy of comparing SONY to Hyundai is a good one. Hyundai has come a long way ...but I would never own one. If SONY and Hyundai are 'good enough' for you (or you can't hear the difference) then consider yourseld lucky ...you have saved a butt load of $$$ ...just don't try to convince me (or anyone else) that it is quality.

>^..^<
    I guess signal to noise radio levels aren't enough for you? Look at the specs, champ. The only negative is the 2V preout, which you will not be able to tell the difference with if you have a good amp. I don't need to convince you, since you don't allow yourself to be convinced. Ignorance is bliss.

">^..^<" (are you 12?)

My Cars
    AudioSnob
    Published specs are a JOKE ...all of your 'mid-fi and 'low-fi' mfgs inflate their specs. You must not be old enough to remember the joke back in the 80's ...."is that real watts ...or Pioneer watts".

You are really getting defensive ...if you are happy with crap ...then be happy ....don't try to convince me or anyone else that knows better that SONY is anything other than CRAP.

>^..^<

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast