Thread: BMW individual

My Cars
    '95 E34 M50TU

BMW individual

What does this mean ?

If a car is designated a BMW Individual what does that mean ?

My Cars
    whatever it is I'll find a way to crash it
    it's a higher level of options, including rare colors that are blended for the car. interior options for "individual" include leather dash and stuff, dif color options, piping on the seats in colors. $$$$$$$$$$ is what it really means.

My Cars
    '95 E34 M50TU
    because i went and looked at an e34 540 at a small dealership. it was in bad shape but it had the bmw individual stuff on it.

My Cars
    '11 328xiT/6, '99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by TreyG View Post
    because i went and looked at an e34 540 at a small dealership. it was in bad shape but it had the bmw individual stuff on it.
    Really?

What color combo was it? What were the rare options on it? What was the "BMW Individual" stuff on it?

How much?

I'm an Individual whore but have NEVER seen an E34 Individual.
    -Denton

My Cars
    '95 E34 M50TU
    It looked black to me but it was very dirty. It had the individual door sills and it had a lip kit on it. black on black. It was an auto though. They wanted at least 9k they said. Could stand for negotiating cuz the interior was kinda messed up. I told him 3500 and he was insulted. hehe

My Cars
    2013 Subayota FR-Z
    ^ Haha! Sounds interesting. You should go back and take pics. What year was it?

l

My Cars
    '04 530i
    I have never heard of the "individual" trim. Thats pretty sweet

Dude, get it! offer 7 for it, they most likely don't know what it is. Then restore it and have a uber rare e34
    Perfect '95 540i/6, 1 of 1357. 73k original miles (when purchased). Z4 short shift. Alusil block, replaced @ 50k. clear corners and sides.

My Cars
    '11 328xiT/6, '99 M3
    Hmmm...if I were buying an Individual car I would at least want an Individual color, such as Dakar Yellow, Daytona Violet, British Racing Green, Fjord Blue, etc. The car COULD have been Cosmos Black (which would have a metallic flake).

BTW: On Individual cars, there is a tag adjacent to the color tag on the strut tower that says "BMW Individual".

The car you saw could very well have been a standard 540 with an aftermarket lip and Individual door sills, why a PO would put that in IDK.
    -Denton

My Cars
    bf.c e34 contour
    better verify it's a factory individual car, and not one that someone just added some trim too though...
    edit: 4500 beat me to it.

If they were insulted, they must be one of those self financing dealerships catering to the no money and less brains crowd.

My Cars
    '11 328xiT/6, '99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by attack eagle View Post
    better verify it's a factory individual car, and not one that someone just added some trim too though...

If they were insulted, they must be one of those self financing dealerships catering to the no money and less brains crowd.
    That's what I'm thinking. I'm sure it's just a car that some idiot gussied-up.

Sounds like a fine buy if you want a desireable color combo 540 that needs a little love.
    -Denton

My Cars
    1999 BMW 840ci E31 M62
    What about when it says it on bmw e31 840ci 99?

My Cars
    1995 BMW 525i Touring
    if it's a 95 then it would be an executive model not individual, comes with wood trim, door sills with BMW on them, plastic covers with car color beneath the doors, plastic strips under the doors instead of the rubber ones. a net next the passenger foot well.
    e34 never came in in individual the individual series started with the e39 i think.

the executive model came in europe, i don't know if it reached the USA...
    Last edited by zkd; 08-11-2017 at 07:12 AM.
    E34 525i Touring 1995, M52B28 LSD... fully restored.

My Cars
    1990's BMW dealership
    Quote Originally Posted by PACMANTURNER View Post
    What about when it says it on bmw e31 840ci 99?
    Punch the last seven digits into www.bmwvin.com

It will tell you what you have and will note if it is an Individual or not.

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    Quote Originally Posted by zkd View Post
    if it's a 95 then it would be an executive model not individual, comes with wood trim, door sills with BMW on them, plastic covers with car color beneath the doors, plastic strips under the doors instead of the rubber ones. a net next the passenger foot well.
    e34 never came in in individual the individual series started with the e39 i think.

That's not true for USA. I have an Individual e34 540i/6 in Mauritius Blau. Individual sticker on the strut tower, individual package listed on the original window sticker which I also have. It was 1500 extra for him to have the car painted in the special color. And it is also the only us-spec 1995 540i/6 that left the factory in that color

It's being saved from a rusty demise right now, it won't be all original but it will be perfect.
    - Hans - Mauritiusblau Metallic - Ultimate Klasse - Progress Thread: LINK

My Cars
    1995 BMW 525i Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by staystackin View Post
    That's not true for USA. I have an Individual e34 540i/6 in Mauritius Blau. Individual sticker on the strut tower, individual package listed on the original window sticker which I also have. It was 1500 extra for him to have the car painted in the special color. And it is also the only us-spec 1995 540i/6 that left the factory in that color

It's being saved from a rusty demise right now, it won't be all original but it will be perfect.
    may be BMW started the individual series in the USA early, since you guys have more bucks than us lowly rest of the world people...

My Cars
    E34 540iA 11/1994
    My E34 540 has individual markings on strut tower, no markings on door sills, 1994/11 European HE61 model. Car left the factory with really long option list for an E34.

Individual options:

S940 Special equipment BMW Individual

0940 Special request

M Technic LM-Schmiederad 8J/9J x17,
    M5-Styling,
    Bereifung 235/45 / 255/40 ZR 17

So basically a normal 540 with Cosmosschwarz metallic paint and black bison leather upholstery, M-Sport suspension and M5 wheels. No M-Sport bumpers though, I prefer the European V8 model front bumper.

My Cars
    01 M5, 93 M5, 94 525iT
    Quote Originally Posted by elemo View Post
    My E34 540 has individual markings on strut tower, no markings on door sills, 1994/11 European HE61 model. Car left the factory with really long option list for an E34.

Individual options:

S940 Special equipment BMW Individual

0940 Special request

M Technic LM-Schmiederad 8J/9J x17,
    M5-Styling,
    Bereifung 235/45 / 255/40 ZR 17

So basically a normal 540 with Cosmosschwarz metallic paint and black bison leather upholstery, M-Sport suspension and M5 wheels. No M-Sport bumpers though, I prefer the European V8 model front bumper.
    Soooo where are the pictures of said vehicle? Very interested to see shots of this from all angles. I'd start your own thread as I'm sure this car will generate quite a bit of interest. What are the differences in the Euro front bumper? Is it more than the trim?
    Last edited by Kingpin025; 08-15-2017 at 06:41 AM.
    Tommy L.

(
    oOO \ (IIII) (IIII) / OOo)

-o- (##########) -o-

2001 BMW M5 LMB
    LHD Euro
    Bilstein PSS, Black Kidneys, Dinan Rear Anti-sway Bar, Matte Black Style 65, UUC SSK w/DSSR, Alpine iLX-007, Alpine MRV-F 340 Amp, Boston Acoustics Pro components, Alpine MRP-M450 Amp, Infinity Kappa 102.7W Sub x2

Current Garage:

1993 BMW M5
    1994 BMW 525i Touring 5spd
    2004 Ford SVT Lightning

My Cars
    1995 540i & 1996 328i
    My car has the options you listed 95 540 late production

- - - Updated - - -

My car has those options, 95 late production 540i/6

My Cars
    1990 E34 535iM
    there are quite a number of E34 Individual here in Indonesia mostly Auto 530i, the equipment includes electric seats, electric rear sunblinds, mtech sideskirts (sometimes with mtech front and rear bumpers too), wood trim interior, all black or all grey leather (depends on year), EWS (on late model cars), small fridge on the rear seat, BMW Individual badging on the door handles, and usuallya special paint but not alwayshere's my wife's 530iA Individual, its a mauritius blue

br4_zpskaeryrol.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dmh2907; 08-16-2017 at 06:17 AM.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 525i Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by dmh2907 View Post
    there are quite a number of E34 Individual here in Indonesia mostly Auto 530i, the equipment includes electric seats, electric rear sunblinds, mtech sideskirts (sometimes with mtech front and rear bumpers too), wood trim interior, all black or all grey leather (depends on year), EWS (on late model cars), small fridge on the rear seat, BMW Individual badging on the door handles, and usuallya special paint but not alwayshere's my wife's 530iA Individual, its a mauritius blue

br4_zpskaeryrol.jpg
    My car has the same options as yours and it's called executive... I think in Europe Executive = Individual else where.

when the Individual series came out with the E39, the leather was 2 tone, you can choose options not available on normal cars.. you can even have your name come up on the LCD screen in the cluster when you start the car.
    Last edited by zkd; 08-16-2017 at 03:04 PM.

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    My car has the same options as yours and it's called executive... I think in Europe Executive = Individual else where.

when the Individual series came out with the E39, the leather was 2 tone, you can choose options not available on normal cars.. you can even have your name come up on the LCD screen in the cluster when you start the car.
    but his doors handles literally say "individual" on them... ?

(and I might add, I lust after a set for my car!)
    - Hans - Mauritiusblau Metallic - Ultimate Klasse - Progress Thread: LINK