Thread: Reiger or M3 Kit w/ LTW addons ?? help me

My Cars
    No car at the moment

Question

hi .. im new to these forums .. im currently trying to decide between getting a reiger infinity I body kit or getting an oem m3 body kit and getting the oem ltw addons .. i found out the reiger front is 3 inches lower then the m3 front .. meaning if i drop my car however much it will be scraping with the reiger .. im from new jersey and our roads arent the smoothest around ..
    can anyone help me make up my mind .. this decision is driving me nuts ... because i would like to show my car .. and with the m3 kit and the ltw stuff it isnt like its showable .. but if i get the reiger it is .. also daily driving .. i would like to drop my car .. with m3 kit i could do hr race w/bilsteins .. with reiger that would scrape the ground .. price isnt an problem since i can get both pretty much for the same price .. any ideas ?? thanks ..
    no flaming please

-E\/O

My Cars
    e36 328is,T4R, is250AWD

Smile

damn right our NJ roads suck. I have the bmp front spoiler with splitter mounted like the dinan m3's in that road+track article few years back. My car is on OESport springs ehich barely lowers it and I scrape everywhere I go, my front has about 4.25" ground clearance. I don't really know what to do in your case, if you really wanna get rid of the wheel well space, drop it with Race springs and forget about the ltw splitter, or drop it less aggressively and get the rieger kit, it looks nicer than M3 kit. hope this helps

My Cars
    BMW 530i
    In my opinion, i'll always tell fellow 3 series owners to not go for the M3 bumper because its too common....

but if the roads suck shit, and clearance is a definite problem... the M3 bumper with the lip will be better than the reiger kit...

but my vote goes to the reiger kit.
    Richard

My Cars
    X GSR | M3
    I'd agree with these people. Get the Reiger, everyone and their mom has the M3 front bumper.
    JOEY | '18 M3 ZCP AW | '18 Lead Foot Raptor

My Cars
    just an old 328
    Rieger kit is much nicer obviously.. The M3 front is common coz its on EVERY M3. If I was the buy a front end.. I wouldnt buy a M bumper..(and ur if thinking why theres a M bumper on my car now... its coz I got it dirt cheap already painted RED) The Rieger is very nice.. but its low as hell. I personally wouldnt get that in NJ. I scrape my M bumper a lot.. Im on H&R Sport springs, bilstien shocks and 18" rims. I cant go up some driveway's and up some hills. If ur front end is so low that u cant lower ur car.. then ur car is gonna look funny with a big front gap and a real low front end.

After all, its all up to u. Why dont u go for something else that doesnt bring the front end so low? RD maybe?
    06' BMW 530xi
    02' Porsche 911 Carrera
    11' BMW X3

My Cars
    No car at the moment
    maybe ill just get an m3 bumper and get the LTW splitter

My Cars
    BMW 530i
    Originally posted by E\/O
    maybe ill just get an m3 bumper and get the LTW splitter
    Haha... all three replys vote for the reiger kit and u still go for the M3 bumper....

hehe jus' kiddin'.
    Richard

My Cars
    No car at the moment
    yeah but ok im jersey .. potholes are common here
    front bumper hangs 2 inches lower than m3 .. and i wanna drop my car .. so im looking at less than 3 inches clearance between bumper and road ... hmm i dont know .....

well i can get a reiger for real cheap .. original too
    so wut the hell .. i might just get .. i mean who cares if i tear a bumper off heh

My Cars
    just an old 328
    I have a friend with a 99' Accord coupe with a body kit.. put 17" rims on it and it ended up with a front gap the size of my head..But now he cant lower it coz his front lip is too low.. his gap is seriously about 4.5" but he can only lower his car about 2" and it'll still rip his front lip apart.

I personally would rather be able to lower my car, have it handle better, not to mention look better, have a better stance, than have a lower front end and a big gap.

But the Rieger front end nice and different in NJ. Better not drive to NYC and watch Rt 1&9 by the Holland tunnel. If u put the LTW splitter on the M bumper, it'll end up as low as the Rieger..!
    06' BMW 530xi
    02' Porsche 911 Carrera
    11' BMW X3

My Cars
    No car at the moment
    man u guys are scaring me now ..
    i dont think that the reiger bumper is that low ..
    i only have about a 2inch gap in my front wheels and i have 17s now .. 18s maybe in the future ..
    i should have 4.5 inches clearance with the reiger i was told ... so if i drop 2 .. i should be ok

hmmmm everyone here votes for reiger .. but everyone is like ur gonna scrape or something heh

My Cars
    X GSR | M3
    Get 19's and you'll have massive clearance. My car isn't dropped more than 2 inches its dropped about 1.5"s and i have no gap. Those 19's fill it up nicely =). I almost have rim tuck on all 4 tires, its soooo crazy. If you really want to get the Reiger kit and have enug clearnce get Ground COntrol by Eibach for all 4 sides, but im not sure if they make it for the front, i have a se on my cr in the back. That way you can adjut the height of your car anytime you want to. Just my $.02
    JOEY | '18 M3 ZCP AW | '18 Lead Foot Raptor

My Cars
    No car at the moment
    hahha 19s ? hmmmm some hamann pg3 19s .. hehe only like 5000 .. lol .. im prolly gonna get a reiger ..
    i onky have about 2inches whell gap which isnt alot ..
    im gonna get some bilstein adjustable coilovers
    so wut the hell .. might as well go all out once in my life

My Cars
    e36 m43tub16
    m3 kit ofcourse ,rifgt john?

My Cars
    2011 X5d, 2013 X1 35i
    What?

This is from 2001!

02/1996 BMW 328i - (324,869km/201,864mi)
    Purchased May 15, 2004 (101,210km / 62,888mi) Sold August 22, 2008 (324,869km / 201,864mi)