Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Silver Bullet's Birth - welcome another TT Stg II

My Cars
    TURBO 99 M3, F82 M4

Silver Bullet's Birth - welcome another TT Stg II

Hello my fellow board members, if you aren't in the loop of “the know,” I’m about to fill you in. My car search began early last year, I was looking for something that was reliable, powerful, and handled like a dream. In August of 05’ I found my pride and joy, a 99’ M3, low miles (45k), all options, and color/interior/rim combo that I so desired. I bought my beautiful baby that day and drove her home with a huge smile.

Fast-forward; so now it’s just a little over a year since I bought my baby, the fun is about to begin. I love everything about my car, well almost everything. When BMW designed the M3 they weren’t thinking that 10yrs down the line every “average Joe,” would have a family sedan with 240hp. Well times have changed, and so has the design of the newer BMW’s, unfortunately I don’t like the newer styling of the current models, so I kept true to the lines I fell in love with, and asked myself what can I do to keep up with the times. I have been planning to turbo a M3 for about 7 years, and I’m finally about to embark on the install of many a’ years dream. Now I know the “purest,” will get out the pitchforks and get the fire ready, but it’s too far to turn back now.

There aren’t many options for turbo-charging your BMW, so I had to select something I felt would be a good medium as this is my daily driver. I needed something that could be installed quickly and would be reliable. Now everyone knows AA has been in the F.I. game for a long, long time, but with a car as old as mine, the “price to play,” that they are asking is a bit much for me. This left me with a few other options, now I know all the DIY’ers will say you could make so much more power, or you could save so much more money had I gone another route. While this may be true, I don’t have the time to spend building my motor (yet), to support an insane amount of power, and of course this being my DD, I don’t really need all that much.

I looked at all options (*Techno’s kit was not on the market at the time), TSI was cheap, but included no tuning. Midnight Autoworks (buyer beware) came along, and seemed like a diamond in the rough, but alas things that seem to be too good to be true are usually, to good to be true, and that was the case in this scenario. So after doing all this research, I finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. I was introduced to “Technique Tuning“, by none other than the wonderful guys in this F.I. Forum. I’ve read thread upon thread of how great this kit is. So I looked into the pricing. Let me tell you this, it may seem pricey to some, but I am a firm believer in, “ you get what you pay for.” Nick G’s tuning of the stock DME alone is worth a great amount.

Now I just don’t rush into buying something without checking into it. I lucked out having someone local who had already installed one of Nick G’s kits (Stg1). You forum users will know him by the name LynxZ3r0. I chatted with Jake online, and met up with him 1 day, to go for a spin in his turboed roady. Let me get straight to the point. I was amazed. The install was so clean; it looks like its stock. Nothing gave away the fact it was turbocharged. Moving on to the feel of the car. It starts up with a nice low burble, putting it in gear and driving at slow speeds you’d never be able to tell it wasn’t stock. Then comes 3200 rpms, full boost is reached and we are off! This car moves! I was sold right then and there. It was a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Perfect I thought.

So this week my TT Stg II install begins, I’m joining the brotherhood. Soon I too will have joined the darkside. Happy Boosting!

I also purchased a digital hard-drive camera to capture some footage for you guys.

Cam- get ready to add me to your “Tried & Tested list!”

-Pictures of progress to follow shortly.

- A few for now...enjoy!

Wushu - I loved yours so much, I also didnt want to grab attention.
    [IMG]http://www.justinnash.******.org/tt%20stg%20II/intercooler.jpg[/IMG]

Pretty turbo...
    [IMG]http://www.justinnash.******.org/tt%20stg%20II/T60.jpg[/IMG]

UCC - ultra-cerametallic
    [IMG]http://www.justinnash.******.org/tt%20stg%20II/STG4.jpg[/IMG]

-Justin
    Last edited by JuCo; 11-06-2006 at 04:31 PM.
    Mod list - M50 manifold; TechniqueTuning Stg2, Apex Arc-8, ZKW euro, clear corners Mike R diffbrace, Koni Yell with HR race
    X-brace UCC tranny mounts -BLK/with enforcers, powerflex rtabs,lcabs, AAfanclutch, mishimoto rad, UCC Ultra-cerametallic Clutch.
    You will go through days of joy and days of sadness as the pursuit for power leads to madness...

My Cars
    Soon to be turbo
    Nice and congrats! Man this makes me wanna go FI so bad. Nice pics of the intercooler. That's gonna be one hell of a sleeper.
    -Justin

My Cars
    are my money pit.
    Quote Originally Posted by JuCo View Post
    UCC - ultra-cerametallic
    yours came in like a mint box, my uuc clutch looked like it was thrown off the truck on the highway!

My Cars
    Acura for now :(
    Interesting..a precision turbo..any specs on it?
    Porsche Technician

1996 328is - |AFE intake|S52 cams|M50 manifold|Custom trackpipe|AA Tuned DME|Stromung catback|Fan delete|ASC delete|3.23 LSD|MZ3 Shifter|Sparco Front Strut Bar|Powerflex FCAB, RTAB, and subframe bushings|RE clutch stop|RE Transmission mounts|LTW5 17x9 wheels|245/40 tires|Bilstein BTS kit|HID Depo's| -*SOLD*

1995 Turbo M3 - 405/395 at the wheels - *SOLD*

My Cars
    e36 m3, e39 m5
    nice! congrats!
    11.75 @ 131 6262 2.8l TRM Tuning e36 m3 - 2011 http://dragtimes.com/BMW-M3-Timeslip-23541.html

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Where did you get that intercooler from and how much? how much HP can it handle?

My Cars
    97 M3 90 325i
    Have fun with that... they are a great set up.

Les

1997 E36 M3 1990 E30 325i (WTB 3.64 diff)

My Cars
    Nike's
    sooooooooooooooooooooooo luckyyyyy

My Cars
    TURBO 99 M3, F82 M4
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofynick6 View Post
    Interesting..a precision turbo..any specs on it?
    Not to sure, turbo supplied with kit, I did see on the exhaust side it said .82 tho.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhaile View Post
    Where did you get that intercooler from and how much? how much HP can it handle?
    Also supplied with kit.

Thanks guys, I'm really excited myself.
    Mod list - M50 manifold; TechniqueTuning Stg2, Apex Arc-8, ZKW euro, clear corners Mike R diffbrace, Koni Yell with HR race
    X-brace UCC tranny mounts -BLK/with enforcers, powerflex rtabs,lcabs, AAfanclutch, mishimoto rad, UCC Ultra-cerametallic Clutch.
    You will go through days of joy and days of sadness as the pursuit for power leads to madness...

My Cars
    '99 M3

Wushu - I loved yours so much, I also didnt want to grab attention.
    [IMG]http://www.justinnash.******.org/tt%20stg%20II/intercooler.jpg[/IMG]
    Sweet!!! you're going to love running it stealth. a lot of my boosted friends who knew that i went turbo still have to get within 1-2 feet to get a decent look at the intercooler. on the road no one knows until you stomp it . you're gonna love the kit.

it's funny i feel like stage 1 guys are a dying breed hahaha. next year i will definitely have to go stage 2.

make sure to keep us updated with your progress

My Cars
    M3
    Turbo looks like a 60-1hifi or a T04e with a 60-1wheel

Porsche 996

1995 M3 turbo - GT35R , 55#inj , SPA manifold , AA tune SOLD

1993 325IS turbo - 502whp , SC67 , 55#inj
    RIP

My Cars
    92 325is, 91 Previa ftw
    Welcome and congrats on a great decision.
    -Curt

stock CR 92 non-vanos 325 / first ever Holset HY35 powered BMW / custom tubular manifold & motor mount / stock DME tuning / tial 50mm bov / 46mm xspower w.g. / green top injectors / IC piping designed by myself (above subframe of course) / 12x28x3" IC / oil return into pan that seems to work / e21 tranny mounts / custom blow through MAF / koni sport kit / 18x8.5 mvr replica's / various leaks & body colours

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Cam- get ready to add me to your “Tried & Tested list!”
    I was so impressed with how long the write-up was that I added you before I read down to this point.

Nice write-up and congratulations! You did a great job researching everything. I hope that my thread helped you!
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    anyone know what coating that is on the intercooler? i made a post about doing that to mine last week w/o any good answers.
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    '99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by m3j0n View Post
    anyone know what coating that is on the intercooler? i made a post about doing that to mine last week w/o any good answers.
    i assume the reason he referenced mine was that he had his anodized too. if you do the same make sure to get it hard anodized because the soft anodized coating will degrade slightly over time if it is exposed to a lot of sunlight, at least that's what one of the places i looked at getting it done told me.

My Cars
    TURBO 99 M3, F82 M4
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    I was so impressed with how long the write-up was that I added you before I read down to this point.

Nice write-up and congratulations! You did a great job researching everything. I hope that my thread helped you!
    Thanks Cameron, I was so happy when you made that thread, it made searching so much easier. I honestly believe anyone looking to go FI, must read through it to atleast gain some idea of what they are looking at.

Can't wait to see your finished product too.

Anodizing, electrolytic oxidation of the aluminum surface to produce a protective oxide coating. They add dye to change the color.

My Cars
    '01 Mcoupe / '16 Golf R
    Anybody got more info on the precision turbo?

Is this a first for the TT kits?

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    does the anodized finish effect the efficiency?
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    TURBO 99 M3, F82 M4
    does the anodized finish effect the efficiency?
    minimal if that, It doesn't matter what you coat it with it simply can't increase the heat transfer. However; it can help prevent corrosion.
    Last edited by JuCo; 11-07-2006 at 09:17 AM.

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    yea i dindt think nick was using precision.... has something changed?

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    Lucid AirGT, 97 M3 S54
    Yeah, I'm confused too...
    A word of Internet Forum wisdom: Disregard any advice that begins with "I've heard..."

97 M3/4 - S54, TRM Coilovers, UUC SSK/Sways/LTW Flywheel

My Cars
    TURBO 99 M3, F82 M4
    Quote Originally Posted by z3speed4me View Post
    yea i dindt think nick was using precision.... has something changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Schneller Bayer View Post
    Anybody got more info on the precision turbo?

Is this a first for the TT kits?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuasha View Post
    Yeah, I'm confused too...
    This also puzzled myself.

My Cars
    t67 328is - KIA
    ggreat buy. lots of fun a head for you
    M52 Power! 500whp?, ? ft/lbs
    Mods:8.5:1 CP pistons, Eagle rods, S52 cams, M50 intake manifold, Eurosport High Performance underdrive pullies, 3.23 lsd, ZKW's w. DDE, BBS RC's 18x8.5, Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sport springs, Eibach sway bars, BMW Motorsports x-brace, pwr 57mm rad, stewart high performance water pump, 6000k prolumen hid's, m tech kit

custom turbo: sias tuning tec3, t67 ho, spa turbo manifold, 24x12x3 ebay intercooler, 750 cc low impedence injectors, arp head studs, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, hks ezII evc, tial 50mm bov, tial 40mm wastegate, plx m250 wideband o2, cartech motor mount, turbowerx oil scavenge pump, spa gauges

My Cars
    E46 330ci turbo, 05 ZHP,
    Guys, no need to get confused or excited about the compressor cover. The turbo was made using a Precision compressor cover, as that was all that was available at the time. No big deal.
    Nick Glantzis
    2005 330i ZHP auto with Technique Tuning turbo kit (currently For Sale)

My Cars
    Acura for now :(
    So still a gt35r then?
    Porsche Technician

1996 328is - |AFE intake|S52 cams|M50 manifold|Custom trackpipe|AA Tuned DME|Stromung catback|Fan delete|ASC delete|3.23 LSD|MZ3 Shifter|Sparco Front Strut Bar|Powerflex FCAB, RTAB, and subframe bushings|RE clutch stop|RE Transmission mounts|LTW5 17x9 wheels|245/40 tires|Bilstein BTS kit|HID Depo's| -*SOLD*

1995 Turbo M3 - 405/395 at the wheels - *SOLD*

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast