View Poll Results: Was this information helpful ?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, of course!!!

106 81.54%
  • Kind of, but I'm still confused.....

16 12.31%
  • No traction control, are you crazy???

8 6.15%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SAMCO Intake Boot Review

exactly - sharp utility knife - the ones with the break-away blades tend to be the sharpest.

James Clay
    Race Proven Performance
    www.bimmerworld.com
    www.bimmerworldracing.com

My Cars
    08 328i|01 530i|96 328s
    Quote Originally Posted by darubez View Post
    Oh... well I bought it off of Ebay for about $50 shipped to my door so I got no such label lol. Think an x-acto or razor blade would cut through this without too much difficulty?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesclay View Post
    exactly - sharp utility knife - the ones with the break-away blades tend to be the sharpest.
    Exactly why I was one of the first in line for the Custom piece a LOOONG time ago. Worked great on first try, never looked back. Thanks James!

P.S. You guys looked good out there yesterday!

~Phil
    Madeiraviolett Bf.C club member #001

1996 BMW 328is Madeiraviolett/Dove Grey: 5 Spd, Sport, Cold Weather & Premium Sound pkgs.
    3.5" ECIS/ITG intake -> Samco ASC Delete Boot -> DINAN TB -> M50 Manifold -> S52 Cams | Bav Auto Red-top ignition coils tuned w/ AA software, Dynomax Cats & Stromung exhaust UUC Pulleys & Clutch stop, FDM=Zionsville radiator, Mishimoto Tank, SAMCO hoses, Fidanza LTW flywheel & M3 clutch, UUC Evo3 SSK, 3.23 LSD, Koni/Eibach Adjustable Damper suspension, PUR RSM's & RTABs, CF Strut brace, UUC Swaybarbarians, Motorsport X-Brace, 17x8 Beyern Mesh wheels Hella CELIS projectors + 5k TRS HID's, Fog delete=Brake cooling duct, LTW wing, ///M Bumper & R. Diffuser
    CCA Member #382557

My Cars
    1998 sc m3
    whats the difference between the 22 dollar non asc boot and the 100 dollar boot. Think it'll be a noticable difference with the sc?
    98 m3 hellrot, dinan sc, dinan cai, remus exhaust, stage 4 clutch, uuc short shift kit, cdv delete, Bavauto coils, 35 lb injectors, e46 rack, bilstein lowering kit, cross drilled rotors, x brace, front sway bar, dinan stabilizer, 255/40ZR18 rears

My Cars
    08 328i|01 530i|96 328s
    The OEM part is rubber and will eventually dry out and crack. It is also not smooth inside, there are ridges and molding abnormalities. The Silicone boot should last the life of the car and is perfectly smooth inside. This leads to better airflow and smoother response.
    ~Phil
    Madeiraviolett Bf.C club member #001

1996 BMW 328is Madeiraviolett/Dove Grey: 5 Spd, Sport, Cold Weather & Premium Sound pkgs.
    3.5" ECIS/ITG intake -> Samco ASC Delete Boot -> DINAN TB -> M50 Manifold -> S52 Cams | Bav Auto Red-top ignition coils tuned w/ AA software, Dynomax Cats & Stromung exhaust UUC Pulleys & Clutch stop, FDM=Zionsville radiator, Mishimoto Tank, SAMCO hoses, Fidanza LTW flywheel & M3 clutch, UUC Evo3 SSK, 3.23 LSD, Koni/Eibach Adjustable Damper suspension, PUR RSM's & RTABs, CF Strut brace, UUC Swaybarbarians, Motorsport X-Brace, 17x8 Beyern Mesh wheels Hella CELIS projectors + 5k TRS HID's, Fog delete=Brake cooling duct, LTW wing, ///M Bumper & R. Diffuser
    CCA Member #382557

My Cars
    98 323is
    A lot of Vipers don't have TC, and they do fine..most of the time ..so I think us 3-guys can do without it :P

My Cars
    99 328is, (95 318i RIP)
    im thinking about doin this to my m52 which has loads of NA mods. im thinking a 3" to 3.375" will be fine if i just work it a little with a razor blade and force it on. i found this piece for around $20 shipped.

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/produ...6c72db1d893088

keep in mind its a 3.375 that will have to be shaven in diameter to 3.5", is this a good idea?

i just really like the idea of smoother flow

My Cars
    e36 328
    hi,

i hope it is ok to open this thread again, how can i get around the issue of the pcv valve plug ( hole)on the asc boot which once removed and replced with samco is no longer available

My Cars
    '97 BMW 332ti
    You can either buy a plug or make your own. I think Turner sells one or Bimmerworld. I made my own with a L shaped tube. I cut off half and used epoxy to seal the hole. Then when I installed it I used a hose clamp to clamp it in. No issues ...

My Cars
    1998 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by stranger12 View Post
    hi,

i hope it is ok to open this thread again, how can i get around the issue of the pcv valve plug ( hole)on the asc boot which once removed and replced with samco is no longer available
    The Samco boot has 2 air ports in it for this purpose.

My Cars
    03 540i
    I just bought a 3" black elbow for 20 bucks from siliconeintakes.com
    Its a little short on the maf side but it works just fine
    and you can buy 4 of them for the price of the samco so cheap its almost free

My Cars
    E46 M3
    How much shorter?
    Moving on up.

My Cars
    98 M3 Coupe
    samco intake boot is $89 at turner. fyi ppl

My Cars
    Mspired e36
    hey guys.. read thru this thread trying to get an idea of what to do.. I got a 94 325is, with no asc (no button, so im assuming i don't asc) my oem boot got a nice crack and hole in it and was wondering if i just replace with oem or silicone. On a tight budget right now from moving but best advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
    "Be a hot rodder, and build one at home. Seriously. Pick up your tools and start wrenchin'-don't just ferry your project from one shop to the next and sign a check after the paint dries. Save your sanity and get personally involved in your hot rod's destiny. Get dirty, take a chemical bath and spill some blood. Put in some skin, get burned, lose money, throw tools, get lost, find your way, cry when no one's looking and celebrate like a freak with a blowtorch and a molotov cocktail when your vision is realized with YOUR OWN HANDS. That is hot rodding."

My Cars
    95' 325I 6 Spd, 06' Z4MR
    I replaced mine with the Mishimoto brand and it fits like a glove. I too don't have ASC so no mods to install the boot. And it the boot has a lifetime warranty. But i'm pretty sure all other brands of silicone intake boots have this lol.

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Is it just me or do you have to really drive the living snot out of your M in order to even get the TC to kick in? I mean, I have to literally beat the shit out of mine to get the tires to break loose and the TC is so slow to engage it doesn't do much good anyways. I like to drive my M hard at times but not to the point of actually spinning the wheels.....
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    Mspired e36
    Quote Originally Posted by Pik Masta View Post
    I replaced mine with the Mishimoto brand and it fits like a glove. I too don't have ASC so no mods to install the boot. And it the boot has a lifetime warranty. But i'm pretty sure all other brands of silicone intake boots have this lol.
    did you notice any difference at all between that and stock??
    "Be a hot rodder, and build one at home. Seriously. Pick up your tools and start wrenchin'-don't just ferry your project from one shop to the next and sign a check after the paint dries. Save your sanity and get personally involved in your hot rod's destiny. Get dirty, take a chemical bath and spill some blood. Put in some skin, get burned, lose money, throw tools, get lost, find your way, cry when no one's looking and celebrate like a freak with a blowtorch and a molotov cocktail when your vision is realized with YOUR OWN HANDS. That is hot rodding."

My Cars
    95' 325I 6 Spd, 06' Z4MR
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerracer2010 View Post

did you notice any difference at all between that and stock??
    To be honest, no. I bought it simply to replace the old faulty plastic boot with an upgraded lifetime warranty silicone hose for better reliability.

Probably one of the best under 100 mods you can do for your e36. In terms of reliability of course lol

My Cars
    Mspired e36
    haha! wise choice my friend. ill prob just grab an oem one from the junk yard or something as ill be upgrading to an e46 M3 come the end of summer. +1 =)

My Cars
    1993 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerracer2010 View Post
    hey guys.. read thru this thread trying to get an idea of what to do.. I got a 94 325is, with no asc (no button, so im assuming i don't asc) my oem boot got a nice crack and hole in it and was wondering if i just replace with oem or silicone. On a tight budget right now from moving but best advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Umm im questioning this as well .. confused noob most likely but i have a 93 325is with the m50 of course .. i dont have a switch for tc and can easily power brake or do a burnout .. to the best of my knowledge an un molested car .. my intake already has the larger ports at the head and one tb ..do i just do a cai or short ram with a separation plate and call it a day ?

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Question about this boot for those who have also done an M50 manifold conversion. Does the second hole (that you normally plug) on the boot work for the IAT sensor? When putting in an M50 manifold the IAT sensor is normally inserted into a drilled hole in the intake boot or somewhere on the manifold, but if the second hole in the Samco boot works that seems like it would be perfect and would eliminate the need to drill a hole someplace.

Thanks!

My Cars
    00 328i,97 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by GriFF3n View Post
    Have been wondering about this product for a while. I completely agree with you that you should only get this if you are already heavly N/A modded. Looks sexy in the engine bay, thats for sure. Good write up.

GriFF
    i say do the mod just to eliminate traction control i'm getting really tired of for forgetting to shut it off or cant drive in rain because car wants to stall when you let cluch out traction control just a flashing light that is a pain in my ass

My Cars
    1990 BMW 325i Coupe
    Hate to grave dig. Ordered one and am confused as to what the two holes are for. I get what to plug into one, but what is the other one there for if everyone is just buying plugs for it?

My Cars
    M3 Saloon
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayers View Post
    Hate to grave dig. Ordered one and am confused as to what the two holes are for. I get what to plug into one, but what is the other one there for if everyone is just buying plugs for it?
    Not 100% but I think OBD 1 has two plugs. I'm sure it's a cost thing that they only make one intake boot and rely on OBD 2 crowd to cap the unused port..

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayers View Post
    One hole is for the ICV tubing. The other hole is for the large hose that comes off the valve cover of a OBD1 engine but only on cars without ASC.

Cars that have ASC have an ASC throttle body that's attached to the main throttle body. The ASC throttle body has a nipple that is used to attach that large crank case vent hose that comes off the valve cover. That hose uses the vacuum of the engine to positively vent exhaust gases from the crankcase. OBDII engines use a completely different setup. If your car has ASC that boot you have will not fit properly. It will be too long. Cars with ASC use a shorter boot that only has one hole.
    Last edited by flyfishvt; 11-29-2015 at 06:27 AM.

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    I'm sorry to revive such an old thread. I recently acquired an euro 523i manual and I've been searching the E39 forum to little success. It seems like all the answers are "get a 540i" (which I have too, and quite frankly I prefer the 523i)
    Can this mod be applied to a M52 car with ASC? My car's really basic (very basic BC and low cluster, no MID, only IRIS and cassette stereo with C43 business radio)
    I plan to swap a M50 manifold, already deleted the CDV, and will be preparing for a 3.0l stroker (M54 rotating assembly, S52 cams). Then I will get rid of the clunky getrag 250 and get either a ZF 320 or a 6 speeds ZF from a 135i which is plug and play.
    Thanks in advance!
    Diehard E39 driver.
    I'd rather die or take a walk before driving an E60 or any BMW made after Y2K.
    ​"Your momma's so ugly she makes Bangle cars look nice"

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast