View Poll Results: Was this information helpful ?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, of course!!!

106 81.54%
  • Kind of, but I'm still confused.....

16 12.31%
  • No traction control, are you crazy???

8 6.15%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SAMCO Intake Boot Review

My Cars
    08 328i|01 530i|96 328s
    It's always on and when you press the button the light on the dash illuminates like this and then its off. Byreplacing the ASC TB with a smooth elbow, it removes restriction the TB imposes. The ASC TB is smaller than the rest on the intake tract, therefore reducing airflow.
    ~Phil
    Madeiraviolett Bf.C club member #001

1996 BMW 328is Madeiraviolett/Dove Grey: 5 Spd, Sport, Cold Weather & Premium Sound pkgs.
    3.5" ECIS/ITG intake -> Samco ASC Delete Boot -> DINAN TB -> M50 Manifold -> S52 Cams | Bav Auto Red-top ignition coils tuned w/ AA software, Dynomax Cats & Stromung exhaust UUC Pulleys & Clutch stop, FDM=Zionsville radiator, Mishimoto Tank, SAMCO hoses, Fidanza LTW flywheel & M3 clutch, UUC Evo3 SSK, 3.23 LSD, Koni/Eibach Adjustable Damper suspension, PUR RSM's & RTABs, CF Strut brace, UUC Swaybarbarians, Motorsport X-Brace, 17x8 Beyern Mesh wheels Hella CELIS projectors + 5k TRS HID's, Fog delete=Brake cooling duct, LTW wing, ///M Bumper & R. Diffuser
    CCA Member #382557

My Cars
    '90 318is
    alright, i get it now. But how does putting bigger tubing disable it? oh yea pardong my noobnes, but i cant figure out what TB stands for. And do i have to buy the samco hose, or can i just get some 3" tubing at home depo? oh yea nd i looked through the samco site and when i go into the BMW section all i see are cooling hoses. Would this be the part that i woudl need? http://www.samcosport.com/us/reducelbow.asp

thnx,

My Cars
    08 328i|01 530i|96 328s
    TB = Throttle Body, there are 2. 1 is the main TB one is for ASC, the ASC TB = POS lol haha. The idle control valve connects to the intake boot, some ppl have tried making their own, but it usually doesn't turn out so well.
    ~Phil

1996 BMW 328is Madeiraviolett/Dove Grey: 5 Spd, Sport, Cold Weather & Premium Sound pkgs.
    3.5" ECIS/ITG intake -> Samco ASC Delete Boot -> DINAN TB -> M50 Manifold -> S52 Cams | Bav Auto Red-top ignition coils tuned w/ AA software, Dynomax Cats & Stromung exhaust UUC Pulleys & Clutch stop, FDM=Zionsville radiator, Mishimoto Tank, SAMCO hoses, Fidanza LTW flywheel & M3 clutch, UUC Evo3 SSK, 3.23 LSD, Koni/Eibach Adjustable Damper suspension, PUR RSM's & RTABs, CF Strut brace, UUC Swaybarbarians, Motorsport X-Brace, 17x8 Beyern Mesh wheels Hella CELIS projectors + 5k TRS HID's, Fog delete=Brake cooling duct, LTW wing, ///M Bumper & R. Diffuser
    CCA Member #382557

My Cars
    '90 318is
    ok, so wait, when u get the samco tubing, is it for the ASC TB? i never knew theres 2 TB's i thought theres just one main one. ill go take a look tomorrow when its light out and sort all this out.

Is this mod just so you dont have to always press the button when u first get into the car? is that pretty much it?

My Cars
    Triumph Daytona 675
    I know it's bad to cross post theads but check out my thread I just made. I replaced my whole ASC throttle body with the Samco Elbow. This thread will clarify anything you need and if you have questions about removal then PM me and we can chat.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=654151

Hope that helps

My Cars
    E30-M52
    with the 3.5 boot..........do i need an adaptor for the front of the TB

M52 |S52 Cams|Gc Coilovers|M50 Manifold|3.5 Hfm|E36 Rack Swap. . . . . . . . . More To Come

My Cars
    08 328i|01 530i|96 328s
    There is no advantage to the 3.5" boot if you don't have a 3.5" HFM.
    ~Phil

CCA Member #382557

My Cars
    08 328i|01 530i|96 328s
    Quote Originally Posted by neurot75 View Post
    ok, so wait, when u get the samco tubing, is it for the ASC TB? i never knew theres 2 TB's i thought theres just one main one. ill go take a look tomorrow when its light out and sort all this out.

Is this mod just so you dont have to always press the button when u first get into the car? is that pretty much it?
    I don't believe the 325 ever had ASC, so you should only have 1 TB
    ~Phil

CCA Member #382557

My Cars
    Avus M3
    Those 2 holes, they are for the m52 engine. Do i just plug em with something? What do you think I could plug them with?

My Cars
    Avus M3
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMy328is View Post
    I don't believe the 325 ever had ASC, so you should only have 1 TB
    ~Phil
    They do.

My Cars
    03 X5-02 M3-94 332i-E30
    Quote Originally Posted by camiloteram View Post
    Those 2 holes, they are for the m52 engine. Do i just plug em with something? What do you think I could plug them with?
    OBD1 cars use the holes. The front one is connected to the head breather right next to the vanos module. The rear hole is connected to the block somewhere under the manifold. The samco elbow comes with 2 little black ate plugs for the holes if you decide not to use them.

My Cars
    Avus M3
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw3er View Post
    OBD1 cars use the holes. The front one is connected to the head breather right next to the vanos module. The rear hole is connected to the block somewhere under the manifold. The samco elbow comes with 2 little black ate plugs for the holes if you decide not to use them.
    Oh boy, where to start... I had an ASC delete boot in my closet all this time

Went out today, installed it in the 14 degree weather with no garage. It took no more than 30-40 min.

ABS is connected to the ASC, Unscrew the black actuator type thing (small) and keep that plugged in to keep your ABS. Just ziptie it somewhere in the engine.

so the test drive. The car feels good, better than before but not night and day difference. I guess it sounds just bit raspier in the 3k-4k range.

As for the OP's product. Isn't that just the same things as the ASC delete boot, but 4 times the price and looks a little nicer/last longer?
    Last edited by camiloteram; 02-08-2007 at 03:47 PM.

My Cars
    335ti 360ti x5-6.0tt

My Cars
    08 328i|01 530i|96 328s
    Its the same concept of a DIY intake vs. Conforti or Dinan. The Samco piece offers an excellent finish and durability. Multi layer silicone, high temp durability and the "cool" factor helps justify the price. Not to mention, Bimmerworld had to front $$$$ for Samco to do the tooling and develop the piece for us(e36 community). I was going to buy a 90' elbow from turbohoses.com, since I had purchased several silicone parts from the m in the past. When I saw that Samco had a piece coming I was glad to hear, since it now matches my radiator hoses.
    ~Phil
    Last edited by LuvMy328is; 02-08-2007 at 06:30 PM.

CCA Member #382557

My Cars
    e36, e34, e28 (rip)
    i'm planning on fabbing my own too.... i never had asc, thank god, it sucks, i personally don't like it.

BMW Parts Whore... BUY THEM PLEASE!!!

My Cars
    Avus M3
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet e36 pimp View Post
    i'm planning on fabbing my own too.... i never had asc, thank god, it sucks, i personally don't like it.
    Yep, asc never worked for me eitherway. Glad I got to do it today. Fabricate yours now, tonight, install it tomorrow morning in the freezing cold. DO ITT.

My Cars
    03 X5-02 M3-94 332i-E30
    Yep, asc never worked for me eitherway. Glad I got to do it today. Fabricate yours now, tonight, install it tomorrow morning in the freezing cold. DO ITT.
    I just went out in the freezing cold to get you this picture of mine. Still waiting on my new ITG filter and custom software, then Ill be ready to awaken the beast.

My Cars
    Avus M3
    That TB looks so....clean.

well... compared to mine.

My Cars
    Avus M3
    I need to do a serious engine clean up when I start my work. I'd like to just... take everything apart in the car and clean it until it fuckign sparkles.

My Cars
    03 X5-02 M3-94 332i-E30
    I had mine off and soaked it with degreaser, not that it was really dirty to begin with. you could eat of my engine 99% of the time

My Cars
    Avus M3
    Whats the custom software for btw?

My Cars
    avUs
    i would deff clean inside your TB, you will feel the difference

My Cars
    Avus M3
    By inside.. you mean the other side? like.. the manifold

My Cars
    03 X5-02 M3-94 332i-E30
    Whats the custom software for btw?
    got it for the OBD1 S52 with 413 ecu, 24lb injectors, 3.5" HFM and intake, bumped the idle to 800 cause of the lightweight flywheel, no speed limiter, and 7000 redline.
    By inside.. you mean the other side? like.. the manifold
    Like, inner diameter where the butterfly is.

My Cars
    Avus M3
    HOLY JeSuss!

I drove 300 miles today, and I gotta say, I bet my two livers that the ASC delete is the best cheap mod out there. 2 livers say It's damn better than that damn fan-delete. The difference I felt in acceleration all through out the rpm range was very good for the simplicity of the mod. And it was specially good in 5th gear, after 3.5k it just goes.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast