Thread: S54 warranty extension for M Roadsters/Coupes

My Cars
    01 M Roadster. 98 M3

Thumbs up S54 warranty extension for M Roadsters/Coupes

phrider
    2001 Titanium Silver M Roadster with hardtop
    1998 Titanium Silver E36 M3 Coupe
    Former cars: Saab 900 Turbo, Rabbit, 1967 Chevy II, 1951 Packard Ultramatic Coupe (0-60 in under 0.3 minutes)

My Cars
    02 M Coupe
    Woo hoo :

My Cars
    02 M Coupe
    Very cool. BMWNA is finally doing the right thing.

Florian
    2002 M Coupe
    Estorilblau
    368S/74

My Cars
    97 M3 99 Z3M
    Very nice indeed. Now my hunt for the perfect S54 M Coupe begins!

Now, let's see what we can do about that Bangle fellow.
    1997 M3
    1999 Z3 M Coupe - Turbocharged

My Cars
    02 M Coupe
    Originally posted by ADVANT123
    Very nice indeed. Now my hunt for the perfect S54 M Coupe begins!

Now, let's see what we can do about that Bangle fellow.
    You are a little bit late on that. The resale price will most definitely gain a couple of thousand or so based on the extended warranty. And do not forget about the 368S Cartel

I agree about Bangle though...

Florian
    2002 M Coupe
    Estorilblau
    368S/74

My Cars
    97 M3 99 Z3M
    True my friend, however, i am only 19 and cannot afford another car for now. Maybe in 2 years when I'm done with college. My E36 M3 will have to do until than

My Cars
    02 M Coupe
    Well this warranty thing looks as official as it can get. Below is the BMWNA answer to my inquiry.

Florian

Dear Florian Popescu,

I'm with BMW of North America, LLC, and your Owner's Circle inquiry has been forwarded to me for response. This warranty is being offered on all S54 Engines in M3 coupe, convertible and M roadster and coupe model year 2001, 2002, and until further notice, current production 2003. I hope this information is useful to you.

Best Regards,

Amber Wood
    BMW Customer Relations

--Original Message--

formid: 1001

Comments: Hello!

Recently there have been a significant amount of rumours regarding an
    extended warranty (6 years/100,000 miles) to be offered by BMWNA for M3
    owners for the S54 engine due to the known issues with this engine.

Now my question would be if BMWNA considers offering this kind of warranty
    for the M3 model years 2001 to 2003, will this warranty be offered for M
    Coupes model years 2001 to 2002 that share the same basic engine with the
    M3?

Thank you!
    Florian Popescu

2002 M Coupe
    Estorilblau
    368S/74

My Cars
    S54 M Coupe
    Great info!

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    im just purchased a 2001 m roadster imola red 55k miles. The owner says subframe is ok and no engine problems. I found on the forums about the bearing problem and i contacted the local service center and they said that the engine warranty expires in NOV2007 (10 mo from now). So im contemplating, should i push the car and hope engine failure occurs before november, or just drive it normal and hope engine failure never occurs. I'd hate for the engine to fail a few months after warrany expires.

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Quote Originally Posted by M powered View Post
    Woo hoo :

Very cool!
    2002 Alpine White w/ Black 368 (<OO \(||][||)/ OO>)
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps
    Coming soon: and a visit to Randy Forbes

My Cars
    No more BMWs :(
    Awesome!

(now let's work on the subframe)
    997 Carrera 2S..the choice of 2 out of 3 Top Gear presenters.

My Cars
    2008 328i Coupe
    Unfortunately, most of our S54 cars are getting close to the 6 year mark. My 01 with 41K has less than a year to go. The good news is that it is running great and I do not beat it anyway.

My Cars
    suck. Miss my boat: 26' MotionCat
    Quote Originally Posted by samcarney View Post
    im just purchased a 2001 m roadster imola red 55k miles. The owner says subframe is ok and no engine problems. I found on the forums about the bearing problem and i contacted the local service center and they said that the engine warranty expires in NOV2007 (10 mo from now). So im contemplating, should i push the car and hope engine failure occurs before november, or just drive it normal and hope engine failure never occurs. I'd hate for the engine to fail a few months after warrany expires.
    No, don't try and blow the engine. Since you have coverage til Nov (Dec for me), why don't you shop for an extended warranty? If bumper-to-bumper is too much, see if you can get a powertrain extended waranty for maybe 3 yrs/36k miles. Of course, you know NOTHING about any bearing problems these cars have had.
    John
    2001 ///M Roadster F: CG/Koni short coil-over struts/Eibach, Wilwood front brakes, CG tubular swaybar. R: TC Kline springs, short Bilsteins, shortened swaybar, IE sub & swingarm bushings & shock mounts, 3.23 gear, Rogue dual-ear cover, Eisenmann 4x83 pipes. Misc: Sport mode, Rogue pulleys, keyless, RG Motorsport intake, OZ Superleggera 18" 3 piece. SOLD, Coming Next: building a 34 Ford Hot Rod.
    2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe
    2006 Hemi Durango
    2005 Scion xB
    2007 Scion tC
    2007 Yamaha FZ1, Mr. 10.5
    1989 Reynard F2000

My Cars
    01 LSB 367M
    Geez. Look at original posting date.

2001 S54 LSB/NAPA. 1 of 7.

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe, 2010 135i

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by QikSilver View Post
    No, don't try and blow the engine. Since you have coverage til Nov (Dec for me), why don't you shop for an extended warranty? If bumper-to-bumper is too much, see if you can get a powertrain extended waranty for maybe 3 yrs/36k miles. Of course, you know NOTHING about any bearing problems these cars have had.
    Any suggestions?

Steel Grey-Estoril Blue & Sun Roof/ LK60290

My Cars
    01' S54 M Roadster, Uber
    i purchases a 2nd party warranty thrpugh a local bmw dealer. Basically, it coveres everything bumper to bumper as what BMW did. I just dont get the free service anymore. I hardly drive my car so I got 5 years more warranty or until I reach 75K miles. I think i paid like $2500 for it, I cant remember. But it does make me not worry or care about if the BMW is going to break down.

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Quote Originally Posted by felonious monk View Post
    Geez. Look at original posting date.

That's what we were waiting for...
    2002 Alpine White w/ Black 368 (<OO \(||][||)/ OO>)
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps
    Coming soon: and a visit to Randy Forbes