Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SE WI: Reputable Service Shops (Detailing, Service, Tinting, Etc)

My Cars
    E92 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBimmer View Post
    yea they have been going downhill lately from what i hear
    I've heard that Little Car Shop is under new ownership and is now called Urban Motors or something like that.
    I spent most of my money on cars and beer... The rest I pretty much wasted.

My Cars
    2003 WRX..miss my '95 M3
    Yea thats what I believe too. I know for a fact they have had a recent change in ownership.

My Cars
    2005 M3 w/ZCP
    I've read the whole thread and still can't choose where to take my M3 for sevice.

reading all these bad experiances makes me scared !!

My Cars
    I own nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by evistor View Post
    I've read the whole thread and still can't choose where to take my M3 for sevice.

reading all these bad experiances makes me scared !!

Alpine and European Auto House are probably your 2 best bets.

My Cars
    2005 M3 w/ZCP
    Thanks Sachin528 !

My Cars
    2005 M3 w/ZCP
    sunbusters seems to be closed...

phone # don;t work.

My Cars
    2005 M3 w/ZCP
    Any reputable place for repairing stone chips??

I have like 4,529 stone chips on my jet black.. and was thinking about using Langka..

But rather have the pros do this kinda work.

My Cars
    I own nothing.

I have like 4,529 stone chips on my jet black.. and was thinking about using Langka..

Are you looking for some touch up work?

The "body shop" my family has used for years (10+) is Al's Auto Body.
    2617 S. 31rst St.
    Milwaukee
    414-645-1665
    David is the owner and "tech"

He does excellent work and is inexpensive. The shop look like a hole in a wall, but the work is excellent.

(I have to stop by an make an appointment to have David get rid of the scratches on my car. )

My Cars
    2005 M3 w/ZCP
    Quote Originally Posted by sachin528 View Post
    Are you looking for some touch up work?

The "body shop" my family has used for years (10+) is Al's Auto Body.
    2617 S. 31rst St.
    Milwaukee
    414-645-1665
    David is the owner and "tech"

He does excellent work and is inexpensive. The shop look like a hole in a wall, but the work is excellent.

(I have to stop by an make an appointment to have David get rid of the scratches on my car. )
    Ill stop by that place.

thanks again

My Cars
    1995 540iA
    In response to requests for pics / info about detailing, here's the skinny on the place called Tender Car:

They're on KK (Kinnickinnic Ave.), just north of Lincoln Ave. Website is tendercar.com. I don't know who did the actual work, but they have a number of different service packages available, from basic washing to full interior/exterior detailing. The package I got was the "Black Tie," which goes for $199.

I've managed to get only a couple of decent pics so far -- the interior shots are somewhat blurry, and the exterior shots were in slightly wet and overcast conditions so I didn't get many that actually turned out okay. (Plus I need to get all of the dings and dents out before I really go to town with the camera.) But anyway...

Shot 1 -- note the bird lurking dangerously above

Shot 2 -- don't mind the rear bumper cover, it was scratchy and dull when I got the car. Detailing can't really do anything for it.

And a couple of blurry shots of the interior:

I know, these pics don't show all that much. I hope to have some better ones up soon. Everything looks much, much better in person.

My Cars
    E92 335i
    Stopped in at Alpine Imports today and talked to Corrina (Denis' daughter) to see what the official story is.

Right now the shop is open as usual and Corrina and her husband are running the place. There are a couple parties interested in buying the shop but have not committed yet. They plan to stay open in the meantime.

My Cars
    1994 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by slow323Ci View Post
    I've heard that Little Car Shop is under new ownership and is now called Urban Motors or something like that.

Just stopped by there yesterday and met the guy. Unfortunately, for me, he won't be working on any older cars like my E30.

Seems like a nice guy. Saw his plans for the shop. Should turn out nice. Hope the service turns out better as well.

My Cars
    I own nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewCity11 View Post
    Just stopped by there yesterday and met the guy. Unfortunately, for me, he won't be working on any older cars like my E30.

Seems like a nice guy. Saw his plans for the shop. Should turn out nice. Hope the service turns out better as well.
    We had talked about this @ the last board meeting. One of the board members had his E30 track car @ Urban and they did brakes on his car.

I forgot what all they did (pads/rotors/rebuild caliper) but they charged $400 for one set.

Straight flat rate. Does not matter how long it actually takes them, they are going by what the computer predicts the job should take.

My Cars
    None
    Yeah ive had nothing but bad experiences with little car shop.... Didnt know about it turning into urban though.

But as for alpine they are great.

But i would recommend everyone just getting to know thier car a little and trying to do it on thier own... It seems like service around SE WI is really spotty.
    Current: 1988 325is m20b25
    2004 GSX-R 600
    1978 yamaha rd400
    1975 yamaha rd350B
    Sold: 2004 GSXR 600
    Sold: 05 honda 600rr
    Sold: 87 E30 325Is With T3 Turbo/intercooler
    Sold: 96 1.9l Z3
    Sold: 97 318ti with s50 swap
    sold: 95 m3
    Sold: 89 Garret Turbo'd e30

My Cars
    1999 CSVT

Little late, but Acci-Dent (next to Alpine Imports) does this kind of work, too. I have no experience with them, just met a few guys, so I can't really tell you how good of a job they do.
    1999 Ford CSVT
    [ SOLD ] 1986 BMW 535i

Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram

My Cars
    1997 328iC
    Quote Originally Posted by quillbro View Post

But i would recommend everyone just getting to know thier car a little and trying to do it on thier own... It seems like service around SE WI is really spotty.
    +1, i do everything myself on my car. The only time i took it to a shop was to get a rear wheel bearing done on my e36, from what i read it was a 3 hr job,needed special tools and i just didnt have the time. So i took it to k&r in waukesha,mechanic working on it lost his two front teeth changing the wheel bearing. Either im lucky, or that was my cars way of telling me it doesnt like to be touched by anyone but me.

If anyone ever needs to use a car lift, ive got on in my shop lmk and we can work something out.
    1997 328ic
    1999 528i

My Cars
    E92 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by UtorVita View Post
    Little late, but Acci-Dent (next to Alpine Imports) does this kind of work, too. I have no experience with them, just met a few guys, so I can't really tell you how good of a job they do.
    The Acci-Dent guys don't do paint work. They only do paintless dent removal.

Acci-Dent shares shop space with a new outfit called Bender Body Repair. They specialize in light body repair. I had them repair the license plate screw holes in my bumper and repaint it. They did a good job for much less money than anyone else wanted. Their number is (414) 351-0585, ask for Nate.

My Cars
    1999 CSVT
    Quote Originally Posted by slow323Ci View Post
    The Acci-Dent guys don't do paint work. They only do paintless dent removal.

Acci-Dent shares shop space with a new outfit called Bender Body Repair. They specialize in light body repair. I had them repair the license plate screw holes in my bumper and repaint it. They did a good job for much less money than anyone else wanted. Their number is (414) 351-0585, ask for Nate.
    Hmm, well thats my bad, I didn't know it was only paintless. I've heard stories about how they've fixed chips so I only guessed.
    1999 Ford CSVT
    [ SOLD ] 1986 BMW 535i

Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram

My Cars
    E92 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by UtorVita View Post
    Hmm, well thats my bad, I didn't know it was only paintless. I've heard stories about how they've fixed chips so I only guessed.
    No bad... Nick (the ownder of Acci-Dent) told me they have Bender Body do any paint repairs for them. Could very well be transparent to the customer since they share the same shop.

My Cars
    None
    anyone know a machine shop that can rebuild a head?

Bead blast, surface, port polish, angle grind and fit valves, assemble...ect?
    2004 GSX-R 600
    1978 yamaha rd400
    1975 yamaha rd350B

My Cars
    I own nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by quillbro View Post
    anyone know a machine shop that can rebuild a head?

Bead blast, surface, port polish, angle grind and fit valves, assemble...ect?
    This is a long shot - many years ago, I went over to Kilpatricks in Waukesha (tour of their place) - IDK if they can do any engine or are specialized?

On another note, based on what I heard about a recent experience with Urban, and my recent visit (albeit not service work related), there is no way I'd trust them with my ride. (I have seen some garages of my friends - their garage is better than Urban/LCS)

EDIT: I should qualify my statement - Even if I did not know anything about Urban/LCS, I would not take my car there. Place looks to run down to do quality work, esp at the going labor rate.

My Cars
    1994 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by sachin528 View Post
    On another note, based on what I heard about a recent experience with Urban, and my recent visit (albeit not service work related), there is no way I'd trust them with my ride. (I have seen some garages of my friends - their garage is better than Urban/LCS)

EDIT: I should qualify my statement - Even if I did not know anything about Urban/LCS, I would not take my car there. Place looks to run down to do quality work, esp at the going labor rate.
    I was just over there last week and spoke with him for quite a while. Give him a few weeks to clean the place up. He's got alot of stuff on order that should up the visual appeal fo the place.

For a place who's labor rate is lower than a dealership, there's alot of complianing about it here. Is their quality of work not up to par or something?

My Cars
    A few.
    I had the Little Car Shop (at the time) do a helicoil fix for me. Did it without pulling the head, and only cost me about 400. It's still holding up very well....with many track days and autox's....with speeds well over 100mph. Seems to me they did (do) something alright there. Though they might not have the most appealing looking shop, the work seems to be just fine to me.
    Mods ~ Ones that make me fast enough, handle like a dream, stop me on a dime.....and all while still looking good.

**FOR SALE:**

E36 Stock Parts - BEST OFFER TAKES IT!!

My Cars
    I own nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewCity11 View Post
    I was just over there last week and spoke with him for quite a while. Give him a few weeks to clean the place up. He's got alot of stuff on order that should up the visual appeal fo the place.

For a place who's labor rate is lower than a dealership, there's alot of complianing about it here. Is their quality of work not up to par or something?

I cannot say from personal experience. Based on the people that posted their experiences, I would not take my car there. I know most of the people posting in this thread, so I trust their judgement and believe their experiences.

If that makes sense.

Like I said though, I know a few independant Import/Honda garages. They too charge less than the dealer, but their set up appears so much more professional.

FWIW, based on what Slow323Ci told me, it is not really to surprising to find that independant shops charge less than the dealership charge. Dealership rates are insane for BMWs. Well Concours at least.

My Cars
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBimmer View Post
    +1, i do everything myself on my car. The only time i took it to a shop was to get a rear wheel bearing done on my e36, from what i read it was a 3 hr job,needed special tools and i just didnt have the time. So i took it to k&r in waukesha,mechanic working on it lost his two front teeth changing the wheel bearing. Either im lucky, or that was my cars way of telling me it doesnt like to be touched by anyone but me.

If anyone ever needs to use a car lift, ive got on in my shop lmk and we can work something out.
    Holy crap... thats rediculous... A nick or a scratch i can deal with but if my car jacked my teeth id take a baseball bat to it.

That being said... When you talk about your shop are you referring to that automotive shop called Tom's auto i think? In Okauchee?

Ps: also you should come to the councours BMW show on June 14th i think Bring your 2002 Its gonna be cool
    2004 GSX-R 600
    1978 yamaha rd400
    1975 yamaha rd350B

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast