Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Factory Alarm Not Working After New Stereo Install

My Cars
    1999 M Coupe (Estoril Blue)

Factory Alarm Not Working After New Stereo Install

Okay, got a 99 M Coupe with the factory alarm and keyless entry system. I upgraded the stereo to something way nicer than stock. After I did so the keyless entry stopped working (I have not checked that the alarm still goes).

Used to be, you'd hit the [Lock] button on the key fob, there'd be one beep from the car and the doors would lock. Hit the [Unlock[, get two beeps, everything unlocks.

Now, if I hit either button, I get three beeps and nothing happens.

I suspect, since the factory head unit is wired into the alarm system, it's freaking out because the deck is gone now so it's disabled the keyless entry to let me know that someone stole my deck (in its thinking).

Any suggestions on how to fix this without having to go buy a whole new alarm? Or if I do have to buy a whole new alarm, I've heard it's pretty easy to just replace the original unit, any suggestions on that?

My Cars
    E90, E36, F10, E38, E23,
    its not. you're very far off.

YOU HAVE:
    Not used the search button
    No Idea what the 3 chirps means

Your car has -
    A bad hood sensor
    A bad door sensor (or both)
    A bad trunk sensor

The 3chirp means "I'm not ready, something's open"

I will gladly sell you a whole new alarm, even though you do not need it.
    I will also sell you whatever sensor actually went bad.

For the locations of them, use the search button; we have gone over this topic adnaseum.

The door ones often are the problem. Take your waterpump pliers, grab the cylinder on the latch on the b pillar, rotate it 90 degrees; problem probably solved.

Best of luck

"Welcome to the board"
    -

My Cars
    328i Convertible

head unit sensor

My alarm was not working when I got the car.

Never figured it out until I removed my head unit, the rear 'finger' that kept the head unit located was missing. It pokes into a hole with a micro-switch in it... no radio - alarm goes off I guess.

You need to either get something poking into that hole again, or like me, disable the switch so the alarm thinks the radio is still there.

Alarm now works - cool!

My Cars
    1995 M3
    I KNOW THIS ID OLD, But BRAVO! Thanks for that post, forums STILL rock!

Quote Originally Posted by BNG328i View Post
    My alarm was not working when I got the car.

Never figured it out until I removed my head unit, the rear 'finger' that kept the head unit located was missing. It pokes into a hole with a micro-switch in it... no radio - alarm goes off I guess.

You need to either get something poking into that hole again, or like me, disable the switch so the alarm thinks the radio is still there.

Alarm now works - cool!

Current: 1995 M3 Street, 1997 M3 Track, 1999 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Tow Vehicle
    Past: Audi B7 S4 Avant, Lotus Elise, E46 330ci, E30 325i, E36/7 M Coupe, 1993 MX-6 V6, 1967 Ford Fairlane GTA, 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger

My Cars
    2011 328i
    So, I too have an issue with my 2011 328i after the installation of a Pioneer NEX 5201 navigation system. There are a couple of issues that I'm having:

-My keyless entry is only working immediately after I turn the car off after it sits for a long duration of time it doesn't work for a while and then it finds power somewhere and starts to work.-My SOS light is now on...
    -they wired up the power source directly to the jumper terminal

I think the power lead is has everything to do with it but they are telling me that is a standard function for BMWs instead of running it to the battery in the back...

My Cars
    2013 BMW 335i E93

Alarm goes to sleep and delays disarming after factory radio replaced

I'm having the same issue with my alarm as jconradt78. I just installed a Kenwood DDX9906XR into my 2013 335i convertible with Comfort Access (CA). I used the Axxess LC-BMRC-01 Wire harness and Axxess ASWC-1 steering wheel controls interface (btw, the interface doesn't work with the steering wheel even after calling Axxess and having them walk me through setup. I was told to wait for a firmware update...) and the Metra 40-EU10 Antenna to Radio adapter cable. I also added in the AUTO-VOX Cam1 HD rear-view camera. I also added the SCOSCHE SLC4 Car Stereo Speaker amplifier level adjuster since I have the HIFI factory amplifier. I connected the Kenwood yellow wire to the positive battery terminal. My stock radio was BMW Professional with Bluetooth and Sirius Satellite. The stock radio does have the protruding bolt with rubber cover but it doesn't seem to fit into any switch.

To reiterate the problem, everything works great with the stereo, camera, CA and alarm until I lock the car and let it sit long enough that the car goes into Sleep mode. I can see when the light on the shifter (Park) turns off then I know it's in sleep mode. Now when i try to unlock the car (using either the fob or pulling the handle, the car will unlock but the alarm is still active for about 5 - 15 seconds. I have to wait till the exterior lights come on and a chirp is sounded. Once the car has unlocked and alarm disabled and I lock it again then unlock it, the alarm disables immediately. It works flawlessly until it goes into sleep mode again.

Has anyone figured this out yet?

My Cars
    2013 BMW 335i E93
    Quote Originally Posted by cofenthmrn View Post
    I'm having the same issue with my alarm as jconradt78. I just installed a Kenwood DDX9906XR into my 2013 335i convertible with Comfort Access (CA). I used the Axxess LC-BMRC-01 Wire harness and Axxess ASWC-1 steering wheel controls interface (btw, the interface doesn't work with the steering wheel even after calling Axxess and having them walk me through setup. I was told to wait for a firmware update...) and the Metra 40-EU10 Antenna to Radio adapter cable. I also added in the AUTO-VOX Cam1 HD rear-view camera. I also added the SCOSCHE SLC4 Car Stereo Speaker amplifier level adjuster since I have the HIFI factory amplifier. I connected the Kenwood yellow wire to the positive battery terminal. My stock radio was BMW Professional with Bluetooth and Sirius Satellite. The stock radio does have the protruding bolt with rubber cover but it doesn't seem to fit into any switch.

To reiterate the problem, everything works great with the stereo, camera, CA and alarm until I lock the car and let it sit long enough that the car goes into Sleep mode. I can see when the light on the shifter (Park) turns off then I know it's in sleep mode. Now when i try to unlock the car (using either the fob or pulling the handle, the car will unlock but the alarm is still active for about 5 - 15 seconds. I have to wait till the exterior lights come on and a chirp is sounded. Once the car has unlocked and alarm disabled and I lock it again then unlock it, the alarm disables immediately. It works flawlessly until it goes into sleep mode again.

Has anyone figured this out yet?

UPDATE: I figured out the problem. The Axxess LC-BMRC-01 wiring harness came already wired up with a yellow wire connected from the Axxess speaker to the Axxess main wire harness. That yellow wire was connected directly to the BMW wire harness. That yellow wire was powering the main Axxess speaker (the one that makes the chime noises). I needed to cut that yellow wire. I took the cut part that was connected to the wiring harness (the one going to the BMW wire harness) and crimped it off. I now longer need that wire. I took the other end of that yellow cut wire that was connected to the Axxess speaker and hooked it directly to the Main yellow wire running to the batter. Now the Axxess speaker (which is the brains of the Axxess module) has power all the time.. It doesn't sleep anymore. Now my Car CA and alarm stay awake even after 1+ hours. I took the whole weekend trouble shooting this waiting an hour between tries. Very happy this is SOLVED!!!