Thread: e30 ignition issues.. JUST START!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Cars
    87 325 bmw(SOLD) 73 duster(SOLD) 95 540iA 86 325es

e30 ignition issues.. JUST START!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a friend drive my car (first mistake) and he ripped a hole in my oil pan, it sat for two months until i finally got some help replacing it. (It was drove only for a very short time with the oil draining out so thhat couldt be the problem) when it sat though it rained out of the blue and my drivers window was down. Now that i fixed the oil pan i tried firing it up and the car wont turn over (there isnt even an ignition) So i thought it was the battery, needless to say 80 dollars later, it wasnt the battery. Any suggestions?

My Cars
    1990 bmw 325I, 1994 bmw 325i
    need 3 things for an engine to work, air, fuel, spark, does anything happen at all?
    i am mclovin

Quote Originally Posted by dallasfan824 View Post
    So does ignorance. Watching a 22 year old give relationship advice to a 20 year old is like watching two retards play Jenga without helmets.

My Cars
    Well i turn the key, all my electrical works and my fan kicks on, but nothing happens as far as the engine. new igntition? It could be that its just by shitty luck that it went out, i heard its very rare for them to go out though.

My Cars
    imo, as long as the electrical still works, get a peake machine on ebay, they usually go for 100-150, my dad got one, just plug in it and have it run a diagnostic on your car, it will give you numbers and you use a manual and it tells you whats wrong, they work great, just my opinion so you dont waste money on things that dont need replacing, the peake machine also works as a reset tool, quite handy imo
    i am mclovin

So does ignorance. Watching a 22 year old give relationship advice to a 20 year old is like watching two retards play Jenga without helmets.

My Cars
    Yeah im really close just to either getting it towed to a mechanic and getting it fixed for a rediculous amount of money because it seems like as soon as i fix one problem something else happens. I couldnt tell you how this could happen, if moisture got into the car could it effect it?

My Cars
    moisture inside the car shouldnt do anything like this, my dad has a 36 and he has had water get in his on multiple occasions, water inside happens to a lot of people either something gets spilled or the window/sunroof gets left open, if you like to work on cars i would try to stay away from having other people work on it, i honestly rec. a peake, but if you just want it fixed, then taking it to a mechanic would solve the get fixed fast part
    i am mclovin

My Cars
    91 M20 Turbo Coupe,
    is your fuel pump turning on.....

If not try jumping the relay

Then try your Main/DME relay located next to the fuel pump relay....

If still a no go replace your Cranksensor... Same route i went during no start days
    06 Dodge Charger R/T Top Banana Daytona #608 91 E30 M20B28 Turbo - Assembled and Pushed 310hp Until Tires Failed. 14inch rubber screams for MERCY!!

My Cars
    90 325i, 95 525iT
    Sounds to me like the motor is not turning over at all. If that's true, check the starter. It engages teeth on the flywheel, to move the motor till the fuel/spark cycle kicks in.

My Cars
    91 318is, 98 318ti M CA
    If there is no noise from the engine at all when you try to start the car, check starter relay, starter contacts. What the hell is with all these people lately getting problems with their starters??? There were like 3 threads on the same thing.

-Artem

My Cars
    E30 325is & 325e
    if its a manual try push starting it...use reverse its your shortest gear

My Cars
    06 Xterra, 88 332is obd2
    maybe water got your ignition switch? can't be any other kind of electrical problem becuase all your lights work...doubt your starter died from rain dammage

My Cars
    '88 325is '04 Jetta
    Check the ground running from the frame to the oil pan. Clamp one clamp of your jumpers to the drain plug, and the other (same color of course) to a well grounded area, like the steering rack, or a strut mount. Then try and turn it over.
    Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
    When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's £3.95 per minute.
    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." Jack Nicholson"
    Old age and treachery, will always overcome youth and skill.