Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brake fluid ATE TYP 200 and Super Blue?

My Cars
    99 M3

Brake fluid ATE TYP 200 and Super Blue?

Quote Originally Posted by bluptgm3 View Post
    You can buy Super Blue in the US. It now comes with a disclaimer that states it is only to be used off roads.

My experience says it does stain components, as my reservoir is tinted blue.
    [edit]Edit[/edit] - at least you could shortly after it was pulled from shelves locally. I bought a case that came with stickers - Not For Highway Use -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bluptgm3; 06-13-2017 at 03:42 PM.

My Cars
    2011 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by thejlevie View Post
    I've learned the hard way that ATE Super Blue will stain your reservoir, which makes level checks more difficult. Before I learned that a local shop stocks AP551 I'd switched to using only ATE Type 200. There's no reason to alternate between two colors of fluid if you measure the amount that you bleed from each wheel. 250cc from each rear and 150cc from each front is more than enough to flush each circuit on a BMW.

No, Super blue will NOT stain your brake system. What happen is there is another reservoir for the anti-lock brake which cannot be flushed out without expensive equipment. The blue staining were the super blue fluids that oozed out of the anti-lock system when the anti-lock brake gets activated. So, all it takes braking it hard to dump the super blue fluids back into the system and it appears that the BLUE staining the reservoir. There is no way around it, other than flushing the system and then go out using the brake hard to activate the anti-lock brake so that fresh fluids replaces the old super blue. However, no matter how many number of times you perform this task, you would never be able to purge out all the old fluids from the anti-lock brake.

- - - Updated - - -

No, Super blue will NOT stain your brake system. What happen is there is another reservoir for the anti-lock brake which cannot be flushed out without expensive equipment. The blue staining were the super blue fluids that oozed out of the anti-lock system when the anti-lock brake gets activated. So, all it takes braking it hard to dump the super blue fluids back into the system and it appears that the BLUE staining the reservoir. There is no way around it, other than flushing the system and then go out using the brake hard to activate the anti-lock brake so that fresh fluids replaces the old super blue. However, no matter how many number of times you perform this task, you would never be able to purge out all the old fluids from the anti-lock brake.

My Cars
    99 M3

Brake fluid ATE TYP 200 and Super Blue?

Super blue does stain the reservoir but I don't think it can be purchased in the US any longer. Ate Type 200 is the same fluid without the blue coloring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bluptgm3; 08-09-2017 at 01:10 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12