Thread: Front turn signal installation help

My Cars
    02 325ci

Front turn signal installation help

I am trying to replace the amber bulbs in my front turn signals. The egg yolk looks like crap. I have the service manual, but cannot release the tab to pop out the turn signal. Any advice? Do I also need to pry open the turn signal case from the outside of the car? Am I just not hitting the release lever hard enough, or in the right place. Is there another way to go about this?

My Cars
    2001 1990 Mighty Max,...
    Are you sure your car doesn't require that you remove a Philips screw insteaad of the spring type clip turn signals on some models??

If it is a press and release style you will need a long skinny object (zip your pants back up, that just won't work, and grab a screw driver). There should be a hole in the fender above the turn signal that you simply slide the screw driver in and you should hear or feel a click, then you just lightly pry on the screw driver to push the turn signal forward.
    BMW LEVEL 1 AUTOMOTIVE TECH AT WEDGE KYES
    2001 525I.

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    +1 above. Press down onto that tab with the screwdriver through the hole in the fender and then lever it out using the fender as the lever point.