Thread: Info for new members

My Cars
    2001 E38 740i, 99 750i
    Thanks for this, helps clarify the issues, just need to post more now

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixies01740il View Post
    Testing
    not here please, we have test forum https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/f...hp?123-Testing
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    bmw e46 320d
    hi how do i create a new post please?

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Go to the sub-forum for your model, probably you want to post in the E46 forum, that is here under 3 series https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/forum.php on the left top side you will see "Post New Thread", click there and you can make a new thread.

Before posting, please look in the archives and/or conduct a thread search. There are a number of problems that are very common and have been covered extensively. We have attempted to save high quality threads that most thoroughly explain these issues and their resolution and they in the DIY sections.

If you do not find your issue in the archived threads, the next step is to use the “search this forum” tool at the top to search for other threads that deal with your problem. Often, using the search feature will produce an instant answer to your question as certain problems and solutions are fairly common. On the other hand, we get excited about a new wrinkle to an old problem. If you have read and tried the solutions in the archives and they didn’t work, and you have done your own thread search with no luck, by all means, post a new thread. Please indicate in your thread that you have read the archives and what you tried and what happened.

Please include the problem in the thread title. You will get much more of a response to something specific like “My battery is dead and I can't unlock the car” or “How do I get the electric rear seats out”, than something like, “What is this?”.

Please be patient. This is an international community. The person who has the answer to your problem may be on the other side of the globe or may be a person who only checks in every couple of days. It is fairly typical for a thread to take a 3-7 days to run its course.

As you are from Ireland, you probably have a EURO spec E46, always mention that and if RHD or LHD, plus built year and month, as there are many differences between EURO and US spec. cars. What might fit to US cars, might not work for EURO cars.

My Cars
    2001 E38 740i, 99 750i
    Closing on 15 posts, trying not to be dumb about it ..

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740i
    "Don't Whore for Posts"? What does this mean?

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...m=post%20whore
    post whore

1. A newbie to an online forum who goes into overtime posting many short and usually meaningless posts in an attempt to raise their post count to pass the newbie stage ASAP.
    2. A type of trolling or board saboteur where the intent of the person is to invade the forum with an annoying presence.
    3. A person who is starving for attention in real life and compensates for their shortcomings in society by living in a forum and inserting their presence across the board everyday and sometimes all day. As soon as their post count breaches the highest recorded for the forum, they often begin to post frequently on the direction the board should take. It is not uncommon to see their avatars change frequently often with a theme of power. Forum members will begin to try to put the member in check but to no avail as the person is feeding off of their imaginary power to which they compensate for their lack of real world activity. (Most notorious for fitting this definition is the member: Bluto from getbig dot com)
    4. A person, who feels their higher post count gives them added credibility in the forum, even over people who have contributed for much longer and as such they go to great lengths to increase their post count.
    5. A post whore is a virtual attention whore. The attention whore brings the same attitude into online forums where they assert their “look at me” persona by invading the board with a large presence of posts.

My Cars
    n/a
    Wish I'd have read this BEFORE trying to PM a few people about cars for sale.
    Oh well, Im sure if they were still for sale that they'll be around in 7 days or reply in the threads I posted in. We'll see!

Glad to be onboard and learning in my search for a new(to me) car for fun

My Cars
    n/a
    Can anyone tell me if things have changed since the first posts of this thread?
    I ask because I had tried to send a PM yesterday, same day I registered, and while Ive not been on here for 7 days, I did get a reply PM back from a member, so Im guessing I CAN pm now?

Hoping for clarification so I dont just send out a bunch of PMs to no one.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    you have more than 10 posts now, you got a PM back, that means you can send PM. People might not reply within a day or longer, depends how often they log in. When you click on the name of a member you see view profile, you can see the last day he has been in the forum logged in.

My Cars
    2012 X5 50i
    Moderator. My apologies. I posted this incorrectly + Reply to ThreadResults 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 2012 BMW X5 50i; ; Bang Settlement Engine Replacement the the E84 X1 Forum.

Can you delete it? I have now correctly placed it in the X5 Forum.

Thank you.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    moved and merged with the other thread in the X5 forum

My Cars
    2001 325ci Convertible
    would be nice put a pic af my car next to name... Also tried to save someones e46 from catching on fire but reply never posted

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    see # 13 Avatars and Signatures https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum-rules/
    Please be advised that members need 100 posts before the Avatar option becomes available in your “User CP” (Control Panel).
    The enforced signature size limit is a maximum of approximately 600 pixels wide by 240 pixels high in total area. Generally, this limitation is the TOTAL size for ALL text and images in a multi-image signature. In addition to the maximum image, you are allowed two lines of text. Anything over 2 lines of text requires that you subtract 15 pixels per each line of text. Also please consider using the smaller font for any text within your signatures. If your signature or avatar is disabled, fix the problem first, then make a post in the signature/avatar request thread that can be found in the Forum Software Questions & Suggestions forum.

Also tried to save someones e46 from catching on fire but reply never posted
    that post is shown here https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...rom-Engine-Bay
    You presently have 2 posts, up to 10 posts by new members their posts have to be manually approved by a moderator to avoid spam posts, so just be patient and wait; after you have posted 10 x, then the posts will be immy shown.
    Last edited by shogun; 10-02-2020 at 06:27 PM.

My Cars
    1996 BMW 318ti
    How do I post a new thread?

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    In your case with an E36, go to the E36 forum https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/f...991-1999-(E36) and on the top left you see "Post new thread".

My Cars
    2005 BMW 325i e46
    Hi all, wondering if there's any way to get your account upgraded, because there's no way I can come up with 100 posts, even tho I'm rebuilding my bmw myself, there's just no way. Haha
    I would super appreciate it, I would like to be able to post pics and pm possibly, and change my profile picture.
    Have a great day!
    Last edited by shogun; 08-17-2021 at 08:47 PM. Reason: resized

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    you can post pics before you have reached 100 posts. Or just use a free upload service and post the links. Up to 10 posts you will not see your post immy, it has to be manually approved by a moderator, that is the forum spam-o-matic to avoid spam posts en masse. Also try our test forum here for the pics https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/f...hp?123-Testing Test your signatures, pictures, images and everything else here.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    If you wish to display images in your forum message, there are two options to do so from the desktop. While you are putting together your forum message, click on the INSERT IMAGE icon and select either FROM COMPUTER or FROM URL.
    If you opt for the FROM URL, consider using DropBox.Com, Google Photos, Free Image Hosting(.net) to host your photos. Avoid using Photo Bucket or ImgUr as both make it difficult to link to forums.

I hope that helps!

My Cars
    A few
    Thanks for the info. Have been a member for 13 years but only have a few posts and trying to PM someone.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    you now can PM

My Cars
    ‘79 CAN 320i
    Glad I found this thread. I've been having issues with posts in my first thread I've created. I try to edit my posts and often get "THIS POST REQUIRES ATTENTION!" highlighted in yellow and then my post is deleted when I refresh the page... does this have to do with moderator approval? I am an active member in other forums such as turbobricks so this was confusing to me. I understand that rules need to be in place, just hoping I didn't lose my nice long formatted post.

broken link for forum post: https : //www. bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2456997-E21-4th-Gear-Advance-Modification-Switched-Advance-in-Every-gear-Thoughts

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    now all is fine, you have more than 10 posts, before you had 10 posts you edited to many times and then it had to be approved again, because then it is like a new post from someone with < 10 posts.
    An old trick from spammers, first they post something normal and later they modify the posts, that is why we have the rules, up to 10 posts all has to be approved and up to then even a modification of a post has to be approved.

My Cars
    ‘79 CAN 320i
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    now all is fine, you have more than 10 posts, before you had 10 posts you edited to many times and then it had to be approved again, because then it is like a new post from someone with < 10 posts.
    An old trick from spammers, first they post something normal and later they modify the posts, that is why we have the rules, up to 10 posts all has to be approved and up to then even a modification of a post has to be approved.
    Ah okay that makes sense. I'm now having issues deleting posts in that thread. It has now become littered with double posts as all my edits got approved. I have gone through and tried to delete them, but after the page reloads they're still there (posts 4,5 and 6 can be deleted).
    Last edited by maxitoman007; 11-18-2021 at 02:38 PM.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    4,5,6 are dupe posts now deleted, all fine now
    Last edited by shogun; 11-18-2021 at 07:53 PM.

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839 LastLast