Thread: anybody from rhode island or in surrounding areas

My Cars
    1992 325i ( project boost)

anybody from rhode island or in surrounding areas

Hello everybody my name is george, this is my first post on this forum and also this is my first bmw I have owned. I was just wondering if there was anybody on here from Rhode island, mass or ct that could possibly help me out with my 92 325i... I am having over heating problems and think it may be my head gasket.. BUt after doing some searching I may not be bleeding the air out the rad. enough.. I am not sure how to do this and would like someone to show me.. Im getting ready to rip apart the motor and do the head gasket but would just like for someone else to confirm it for me by checking it out... Come by have a couple beers, talk cars, and more importantly help a person out. I am a 22 with 14 month old girl and just need to get my car back on the road asap.. Thanks for taking the time to read my post

My Cars
    4 BMWs.
    Hi George, try posting this in the regional forum to find some closer people....

Good luck!
    2001 Z3 3.0i -Oxford Green/Sandbeige
    2016 428xi -Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 430iC- Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 330it - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige/Black

My Cars
    thanks im taking your advise

My Cars
    1993 325iS Blk/tan M3 exhaust,K&N, full M3 susp
    Im from narragansett with a 93 325iS i would check to see if the waterpump is shot (old ones had plastic impellers). you can check to see if you can feel water running through the upper hose when the engine reaches operating temp. be careful if it is overheating like you said. the thermostats usually only break open and not closed, but its worth checking that as well. Best thing to do is do the waterpump job, (waterpump and thermostat) if you dont know when it was done last. also do a compression check on each cylinder to check the headgasket.

My Cars
    took water pump out and its covered in oil on the inside... plus it spins no problem and doesnt have the plastic piece so im guessing it was allready replaced