Thread: Cracked foglight lens - do I have to replace the whole light?

My Cars
    DSP E46 330Ci

Cracked foglight lens - do I have to replace the whole light?

I haven't pulled the foglight to figure out how the lens is secured - anyone know? Is just the lens replaceable or do I have to find a replacement foglight?

It's the passenger's side, FWIW.

Regards,

SoloII///M

My Cars
    02 530i, 70 Cuda 440-6
    When I cracked mine, I couldn't find anyone that could get just the glass lense. I bought the whole light.

My Cars
    1998 M3
    I'm pretty sure you have to replace the entire fog light assembly - which is around $40 - try www.bimmerparts.com

My Cars
    DSP E46 330Ci
    Thanks, guys.

SoloII///M

My Cars
    '97 E36 M3 2-door, '02 YZF-R1
    Yeah, you have to replace the whole assembly.

When I first got my car, I cracked both foglights within the span of a month. Then I bought new ones along with the Bavarian Auto light protection kit, and I haven't cracked one since. *knock on wood*

I'd suggest putting something like that on the fogs; they're notorious for cracking. They're so low, it's easy to take a stone in them, or to splash water on them when they're hot. The protective films do a good job of protecting.

Umnitza sells Stongard, and I just replaced my protective films with yellow protective film (for that French foglight look) from www.lamin-x.com. $12, including shipping, for enough material to cover both lights.

And Bimmerparts has ZKW fogs for something like $35 a side.
    -c///m
    1997 Estorilblau M3 2-door
    Performance: JC euro intake, AA Gen III exhaust, Evosport UDP, fan delete, Schrick cams, OBD-I intake manifold, 540 HFM, ASC delete, 24# fuel injectors, DiffsOnline 3.46 40% LSD, Boston BMWCCA sticker
    Suspension: TC Kline SA (Suck-A**) coilovers, ///M front strut brace, X-brace, TCK RSM, Powerflex RTAB, Turner sways, Motorforce camber plates, RRT reinforced rear LCAs
    Lighting: ZKW w/ HID, Euro clears, Lamin-X foglight film
    Other: Z3 steering rack, SS brake and clutch lines, Stygar SSK, UUC TME, VDO Gauges, MB Quart Discus components, MB Quart Discus 6x9 triaxials, Audio Art NA 4070 280W amp

My Cars
    DSP E46 330Ci
    What is this "Bavarian Auto light protection kit" and where did you get it?

Thanks again.

SoloII///M

My Cars
    '97 E36 M3 2-door, '02 YZF-R1
    Basically the same stuff as Stongard or the Lamin-x stuff. It's a 3M clear vinyl (?) sheet that's sticky on one side. Bavarian Autosport sells a kit of pre-cut sheets for our cars (headlights, front corners, fogs). I think Stongard is basically the same stuff; I don't know how prices compare. Ask Umnitza.

Originally posted by SoloII///M
    What is this "Bavarian Auto light protection kit" and where did you get it?

Thanks again.

SoloII///M
    -c///m
    1997 Estorilblau M3 2-door
    Performance: JC euro intake, AA Gen III exhaust, Evosport UDP, fan delete, Schrick cams, OBD-I intake manifold, 540 HFM, ASC delete, 24# fuel injectors, DiffsOnline 3.46 40% LSD, Boston BMWCCA sticker
    Suspension: TC Kline SA (Suck-A**) coilovers, ///M front strut brace, X-brace, TCK RSM, Powerflex RTAB, Turner sways, Motorforce camber plates, RRT reinforced rear LCAs
    Lighting: ZKW w/ HID, Euro clears, Lamin-X foglight film
    Other: Z3 steering rack, SS brake and clutch lines, Stygar SSK, UUC TME, VDO Gauges, MB Quart Discus components, MB Quart Discus 6x9 triaxials, Audio Art NA 4070 280W amp

My Cars
    325izzle
    Any clue if you can out em on cracked ones?