Thread: E38 Stereo console DIY

My Cars
    01 740il - 06 X5 4.4

E38 Stereo console DIY

I'm looking for a write up on the removal of the center console containing the stereo and Climate controls....

There was an aftermarket deck in the 7 when I got it, I pulled that and installed my Pioneer DVD/Nav. But I went out to the car today and it popped the bezel off and unseated itself. I just cant jam anymore wires back there. I'm gonna need to have access for my hand behind the deck to tuck the wires and RCA's in the propper spots so this thing stays in....
    I just cant seem to make it work thru the single din opening....
    The guy I bought it from said he used a DIY off e38.org. with pics and everything. I hit F3 did a page search but came up dry....

Please if anyone can point me in the right direction to the screws and trim panels that need to be removed that would be great.....

Thanks,
    Al

01-740il Biarritz Blue - 20" Alpina Softlines - Michelin Pilot Sports - Bilstein H.D.'s - Eibach Pro-Kit Springs - S.S. Quad Tip Magnaflow Exhaust - Strong Strut Brace - Predator Chromium Angel Eyes - Prolumen 6K HID Fogs - L.E.D. Lic. Plate lights - 16:9 Widescreen/MK3 Retrofit - NavTool Video on Nav. interface - Mediagate MG-25 Mediaplayer - Backup Camera - BSW Subwoofer System - Crystal Corners - Stealth Bulbs - Euro one piece armrest - Remote powerfolding mirrors - Cross Drilled Rotors - Ceramic Pads - More to come....

My Cars
    01 740il - 06 X5 4.4
    Bump, I know this info is out there.

01-740il Biarritz Blue - 20" Alpina Softlines - Michelin Pilot Sports - Bilstein H.D.'s - Eibach Pro-Kit Springs - S.S. Quad Tip Magnaflow Exhaust - Strong Strut Brace - Predator Chromium Angel Eyes - Prolumen 6K HID Fogs - L.E.D. Lic. Plate lights - 16:9 Widescreen/MK3 Retrofit - NavTool Video on Nav. interface - Mediagate MG-25 Mediaplayer - Backup Camera - BSW Subwoofer System - Crystal Corners - Stealth Bulbs - Euro one piece armrest - Remote powerfolding mirrors - Cross Drilled Rotors - Ceramic Pads - More to come....

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    the essential DIY site for all things e38: www.e38.org (save it to your favorites folder)

I know there are a lot of links on the site to wade thru...a tip to help is to do a page search [Cntrl+F] ... or go up to EDIT and scroll down to FIND or FIND on the PAGE. This will open a dialog box where you can type in a key word...do that and it will search for every example of that work or phrase on the page...which will help skip over stuff that is totally unrelated to what you are looking for.

If you still can't find it...try an alternative key word or phrase. You'll probably be successful using "console" as the key word. I believe there are several links there on removing the center console, the Dash console, and the MID and console. So don't give up if the first link is not what your'e looking for...there are several links that describe how to remove the console (that has pics to go with the write-up).

To PAGE SEARCH on a MAC: [Open Apple+F]
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    89 Turbo TA,86 Buick turbo, 91 VR4, 96 740il
    It's on E38 site just look closer, I found it but this site won't let me post links yet for some reason.
    1996 740il
    1991 3000GT VR4 Twin Turbo
    1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am Indy Pace Car ported heads, roller cam, TA60 turbo, JE piston, 52# injectors, 3" stainles downpipe and exhaust.
    1986 Buick T-Type Turbo, PT51 Turbo, Front Mount Intercooler, 60# injectors, 2.5" downpipe and exhaust.
    1988 Mazda RX7, w/1986 Buick turboV6 engine & trans, PT 52 turbo, frontmount intercooler, ported & polished heads with big valves, roller cam, 60# injectors

My Cars
    01 740il - 06 X5 4.4

Found it

http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/1863

I used F3 to search for console.

I'll try more search paramaters before posting next time thanks guys.

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon328i View Post
    I used F3 to search for console.

I'll try more search paramaters before posting next time thanks guys.
    Cool..glad you found the info. Which software/cpu uses F3 to search? Gotta keep my mental rolodex updated in case someone gets discouraged when looking for info on e38.org! Everyone could use a good tip when overwhelmed by their immediate circumstances
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    01 740il - 06 X5 4.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
    Which software/cpu uses F3 to search?
    I'm running XP stripped / Firefox browser

Firefox's page search function....

BTW I was just on you cardomain site Your car is way HOT

Thanks again