Thread: Yellow low beams

My Cars
    '01 330i

Yellow low beams

I've seen yellow low beam headlights on several E30's. I had these on my old Mercedes and was wondering where to buy these for an E30.

My Cars
    1990 BMW 325i, 2008 Toyota Yaris S
    arts and crafts in the paint section. yellow transparent spray paint. go buy some sealed beams (unless you have ellips.) put 2-5 coats on (i did 3 b/c i like the lighter yellow look). idk if i'd do low beams though, i only did my highs and i love them.
    Giving up on the M20, rebuilding a 350 SBC and destroking it to a 302 DZ to drop in the bimmer. This project will take a while since the "real world" has eaten up all my spare time. All said and done, I expect 350 hp at the wheels NA.

My Cars
    1989 325ic, 2005 Suzuki SV650N
    What's the point of yellow beams? Is it just for looks? Or do they do something special?

My Cars
    E30 325i
    honestly its really bothers me when I see one of those mercedes in the street with the yellow beams, it looks like really old dried out plastic that hasn't been clean. I'd rather have the clean fresh bright white spotless fantastic light!

'90 325i Mamita

BuchbrunnM3 is offline Ninja Pleeeeease BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    '03 745Li, '08 Lex GS350
    Quote Originally Posted by willydc View Post
    What's the point of yellow beams? Is it just for looks? Or do they do something special?
    Usually the yellow beam has a lower Kelvin temp and it is easier to see in foggy weather etc. I don't know how it is affected when painted on or what temp it produces. Mainly for looks. Originated in France if I am not mistaken. I put Nokya Yellow bulbs in my low beam and fog lights. I swap back to my PIAA xtreme white plus from time to time...

My Cars
    1989 325i
    lamin-x.com

My Cars
    90 325ic, 87 528e
    I had laminx on my highbeams. Check out my sig.