Thread: Needs help ASAP! Spark plug change questions.

My Cars
    Hunting

Needs help ASAP! Spark plug change questions.

I am changing my plugs now. It's pretty straight forward to remove the cover until I am trying to pull out the ignition coils. On the 1st, 3rd and 4th cynlinder, the coild came out alone, leaving the middle rubber piece in the hole. I have no clue at all how to pull them out? Any suggestoins will be highly appreciated.

My Cars
    87 325is
    Needle nose pliers, surgical forceps, or anything similar that will reach and grab the coil boot.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

My Cars
    Hunting
    I tried needle nose pliers, hard, which even damaged the boot a little bit, still cannot get it out? By the way, shall I pull on the boot or the metal in the middle? actually I tried both.

Looks like I can only put it back and order some boots, then with the cost to damage the boots, pull them out.

Any other ideas? Thansk a lot.

My Cars
    Hunting
    Used two pliers, one on the rubber and the other on the metal and pulled really hard, they eventually came out. One bood was damaged a little bit on the rubber. I was afraid I had to replace boots but things turned out pretty good. The car runs beautifully. I will see when I need to replace boots.