Thread: New 5 series owner

My Cars
    2001 525i

Moon New 5 series owner

How you guys doing? I just sold my 1999 3000gt and bought a 2001 bmw 525i with 59xxx on it. I love the car!!! The ride is amazing, specially on the highway. I just had couple questions. I bought the car at a vw dealer and purchases a extended warranty through some kind of insurance company they recommended. Anyways how reliable are these cars and something else, I love the front bumper of the m5. I was wondering if I could just buy that m5 bumper and if it would be a perfect fit or would I need to do some body work to the car. Also I got one more question I wanna get some rims for the car, I found a set of those parallel wheels and they are 18x8" front and 18x9" back. I was wondering could I get 255/40/18 tires all around or what tire size would be best to get?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

My Cars
    m52 powered
    how about you do a search or two?

My Cars
    '03 E39 Sport w/Nav
    There is a wonderful button within this forum called "search"

"Hmmm splurt...Hmmm... you taste so good!" (First words when she hopped in my E39 for the first time and took her out for a spin)

My Cars
    2001 525i

Thumbs down

First of all. I introduced myself and asked a couple of question that I thought would be easy answered. Yes you 2 jackasses I know there's a search button, but if it was me and a new person joins a forum I would first congratulate him on the new car and weclome him to the forum.Then maybe try to answer his question but not be a dick.

My Cars
    '01 530i s/p/5spd
    bigvedo,

Congrats on ur transition to a bmw. I don't think e39dream and kingchorizo are the jacka$$es.

#1. You are outta line for being the big dumba$$ in not using the search button (damn newbie)

#2. to offend other bimmerhead brothers who have put in their input on the forum

We have seen too many redundant posts regarding suspension, tires, problems with the car and all it takes is a little research. I've had questions regarding suspensions to OEM body kits to even cup holders when I was a newbie. But once I did the research, I was surprised there are many answers out there. I didn't have to post a question. We may know the answers to some of these post, but we have to search them, too in order to reference them and post the link.

You're getting off to the wrong foot in this forum with your attitude.

OEM M5 F Bumper | EuroDyne R Bumper | Magnaflow Exhaust Manifold and Full Cat-Back Exhaust | Koni+H&R Sport | CDV Deleted | Eibach f/r sway bars
    Hard-wired V1 Radar | E60 shifter w/ZHP shift knob | 18x9 Style 42 | Bridgestone RE970AS 255/35 | Zimmermann XDrilled F/R w/Akebono Euro Pads
    35% Madico tint | Infinity Basslink | E0n0n D5124Z Navi | Thule Bike Rack

My Cars
    m52 powered
    you want me and everyone else to spoonfeed you?

here you go: m5 bumpers will fit on any e39 with no body work- studying pics alone told me that before I even had one.

If the tire is a full inch wider in the back you will need a wider tire. Rather than call you out on your newbie questions I suggested a search. hmm- search results for m5 bumper:http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...archid=3827878

search results for 18x9: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...archid=3827879

with all due respect, you aren't the first one to buy an e39- why not see what others say before asking? Then, you can say- hey- I looked around and I am pretty sure I can put an m5 bumper on without work, can I? then we could say:correct- and get on with our lives.

My Cars
    2018 530e iPerformance
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvedo View Post
    First of all. I introduced myself and asked a couple of question that I thought would be easy answered. Yes you 2 jackasses I know there's a search button, but if it was me and a new person joins a forum I would first congratulate him on the new car and weclome him to the forum.Then maybe try to answer his question but not be a dick.
    Dude, chill out. Ya gotta take some lumps and go with the flow. Learn the ropes. Maybe these guys were a little rough, but you have to admit that you should have at least put in some effort and done a search.

Oh yes...and welcome to the board!!
    You ain't no daisy!!

My Cars
    5 series sport
    these dudes on here are the most corniest guys i talk to your best bet is find a new forum or ask someone who doesnt have there head in there a$$. these guys here just think there cool cause they own a bimmer. I bet all these bimmerfest geeks ask all the same question when they 1st got there bimmers. oviously your new so you dont know about the search just like i just found out about the search, Plus!!! thats what this forum is about helping others who have bimmers but i realize its a fashion show. Just ask them if there purses match there interior, i bet they can answer that one real quick

My Cars
    2000 BMW 540I(A)ESS Super Charged, 04 Jetta VR6
    Congats on the car the warrenty could definitly save your life these cars are expensive to fix. I have found that out. Look at www.bimmerdiy.com for some do it yourself fixes and general maintenace. Good luck ask the questions that you need. People should not jump on you like that. Why not welcome a new member like most of you all did me. e39dream, phoenix530, kingchoriz, may I ask why be DICKS!! Help him out! This is uncalled for!

ESS SuperCharger 6psi, ESS Exhaust

My Cars
    m52 powered
    if telling someone to search makes me a dick- oh well, I slept fine last night. At least next time he will search first.

shady.

My Cars
    '01 530i s/p/5spd
    Quote Originally Posted by ru3rd View Post
    these dudes on here are the most corniest guys i talk to your best bet is find a new forum or ask someone who doesnt have there head in there a$$. these guys here just think there cool cause they own a bimmer. I bet all these bimmerfest geeks ask all the same question when they 1st got there bimmers. oviously your new so you dont know about the search just like i just found out about the search, Plus!!! thats what this forum is about helping others who have bimmers but i realize its a fashion show. Just ask them if there purses match there interior, i bet they can answer that one real quick
    Geez, another newbie.....still can't type/speak english. You need
    People on this forum are very helpful, but it's some of these newbies that ask stupid questions and take on an offense when we try to steer them on the right path.

And no, I never post a question b4 using the SEARCH button. It's just using your damn brain.

OEM M5 F Bumper | EuroDyne R Bumper | Magnaflow Exhaust Manifold and Full Cat-Back Exhaust | Koni+H&R Sport | CDV Deleted | Eibach f/r sway bars
    Hard-wired V1 Radar | E60 shifter w/ZHP shift knob | 18x9 Style 42 | Bridgestone RE970AS 255/35 | Zimmermann XDrilled F/R w/Akebono Euro Pads
    35% Madico tint | Infinity Basslink | E0n0n D5124Z Navi | Thule Bike Rack

My Cars
    m52 powered
    you guys have the matching purses? ballers.

My Cars
    Dont let these guys get ya down most people are helpful. That is why you go to a form!! These idots must be experts at all things and never asked dumb questions. Quit posting a join a hater forum if ya got nothing better to do.

My Cars
    Check the parked posts. Dan seems to me to be the forum expert at all thing 5 series. Look around but mostly enjoy the New BMW!!

My Cars
    '03 E39 Sport w/Nav
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvedo View Post
    Well Bigvedo, I hope you have learned your lesson. Newbie or Vet, Basic fundementals and and answers to questions require little or no effort. I consider myself a newbie in terms of posts in the forum, but one thing i have learned before I post any questions...do some research!
    I would say 99% of your answers will probably be already created, found and answered if you do some poking around. There is nothing worse when a rookie drops in and asks "Help, have M5 Kit bump question?" Listen we all want to help each other out and avoid redudancy in this forum, which is why we can sometimes be a$$es---so take no offense , be a man and move on.

"Hmmm splurt...Hmmm... you taste so good!" (First words when she hopped in my E39 for the first time and took her out for a spin)

My Cars
    '03 E39 Sport w/Nav
    Quote Originally Posted by e39dream View Post
    you guys have the matching purses? ballers.
    Apparently we do e39dream!....would you like Grey Poupon with that sandwich?