RM European Auto Parts

Thread: ABS Control Module Question

My Cars
    1997 M3/4

ABS Control Module Question

So I took my 97 M3/4 (manual) into a trusted shop to get it checked since the ABS and ASC lights randomly came on one night. According to the handy dandy computer I need to replace the ABS Control Module for the front left.

Now I already know how pricey it would be to "replace" it with a new one. They recommended sending it off to a company to have it rebuilt/repaired for much less. They said they just did that for a 528 no problem.

So I chose to have it rebuilt and it turns out that the company cannot repair the control module for my specific car. Not that they couldn't repair my specific module, but they just don't do it for...I'm guessing OBDII E36 M3's.

So that generally leaves me with the 1400 dollar option of getting a new one.

I was wondering:
    1. Does anyone know of a company that can repair my specific module?
    or
    2. Could I just get a used ABS Control Module from an OBDII E36 M3 and would that allow the ABS system to function properly?

My Cars
    1996 850CI
    "Module Master" in Moscow, ID rebuilds BMW 3 series ABS units
    https://modulemaster.com/pages/produ...~mk_bmw~md_330

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    Hi Marty, and welcome to the forum.

You might want to note the date of the post you're replying to, in future. This thread is 16 years old.

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471