Thread: Custom Steering Wheel.

My Cars
    1997 320i

Custom Steering Wheel.

Guys, I thought I’d take a few minutes and share an experience.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Let me start by saying that I’m an American living in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Philippines</st1:place></st1:country-region>. I’ve always been a “Gear Head”, and always have a project in the driveway. This past year I picked up my e-36. Of course I had to modify and customize it.
    <o:p></o:p>
    One item that frustrated me was the worn condition of the leather on the steering wheel. I’ve used Momo wheels on other vehicles and always liked the Thick Grip of their products. After purchasing and installing a Momo wheel on the Bimmer, I realized that I wasn’t happy with the smaller diameter. It just didn’t provide the same road input as the stock wheel.
    Here in the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Philippines</st1:place></st1:country-region>, labor is extremely cheap. After locating a shop that does leather work, and after conveying my desires, I had the stock wheel re-upholstered. The shop was able to increase the thickness of the wheel by first covering it with a dense rubber product before stitching the leather. They also used a combination of smooth and perforated leather.
    The craftsmanship is A1! The thickness is exactly what I wanted. The price, 30 US dollars!!! I now have a custom steering wheel and also retain the airbag.

My Cars
    boosted 323is
    post some pics
    2.8l engine swap, aa supercharger, m50 manifold, ///m cats swap, aa catback, fan delete, cdv delete, ///m roadster shifter, 18" wheels, ///m vaders, push button ignition, bilstiens with h&r sports, clear front and back corners,depo's with thinlines and 6k prolumens

My Cars
    1997 320i

Custom Steering Wheel Pics

A couple of photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    95 M3, nasa spec3 #77
    wow that looks extreamly good i have always wanted to redo mine in suade.

My Cars
    95 Cosmos M3...
    That does look good!Nice Work.

My Cars
    5/94 Euro 325i coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by olongapo View Post
    A couple of photos.
    Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by ClintonM3 View Post
    the Audi A4 is a tweaked, cosmetically enhanced, cross platform, put-together overnight VW.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeuser528e View Post
    Staggard setups are for cars that you park at show meets. They go well with 5 screens and 3 12"s.

My Cars
    Imola E36 M3 E30 Touring
    Wounder if a shop like that could add the extra contours too like the M wheels have.