Thread: How to get start in autocross?

My Cars
    95 325is, 86 528e, 89 Mustang LX

How to get start in autocross?

Hello all, i'm interested in obtaining some information on how to get a start racing. Should I attend an autocross drivers ed program before anything else? Does anyone know of one on or aaround Long Island? Any information would be appreciated. thanks

My Cars
    '03 Silver Evo8
    I'm not a local there, but found this, which is probably a great starting spot for you:

http://comm.nyr-scca.org/Discuss/php...topic.php?t=93

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3
    No, a driver's education thing is not necessary. It can be beneficial though, but you don't need to attend skip barber. Just go to an auto-x event and ask for an instructor to accompany you. It's always free, and they'll teach you how to run the course. First timers are always taken care of (no matter how many times they go lol).

www.myautoevents.com

Register for their services. It's free. Not only that, but if you preregister for events through it, sometimes you save money and ALWAYS do you have your guaranteed position (which is nice, because some of these events fill up). Another benefit is that it links you to all the events around (almost). You can do a search for clubs, types of racing, location, etc. Follow links to your local chapters and you can get all sorts of valuable information. Especially that little bit about the rules (and specifically THEIR rules).

Perhaps my favorite thing though is that registration is easy, and when you do it, you save all the information about you and your car so that all you have to do is click "register" and everything else is taken care of so that you don't have to keep dictating to those nice people at the registration table all your info every time you go.

Also, at the top of this forum there is a sticky link to all sorts of racing tips. Go back to "Track, Auto-X & Drag Racing . . . " and it should be the second topic down.

Good luck. There are still some events being run this year, so get in, be safe, and most of all, have fun!
    Tires are Evil. They MUST be destroyed.

My Cars
    SE-R, E36 325is
    Find your nearest local event. Find out if you have to PreReg or something. Then just basically show up with water/sunscreen/chair/lunch (if not supplied, most clubs don't, but out here in Socal we supply lunch) Make sure your car is in descent mechanical order.

Then just Show up, and just ask whoever you park next to what to do! Every club runs a little different, so you may have to Register first, then tech, or Tech then Reg.

Good luck.
    Sponsors Needed, if interested contact me directly.

My Cars
    '99 BMW M3

Click pic for my '99 M3, 505rwhp '89 Mustang ( sold), '05 WRX STI ( sold), and '08 Lotus Exige-S 240 Homepages
    Click <here> for my car vids (check out my spin compilations ISPINUWIN & ISPINUWIN2!!)

My Cars
    Coupe
    IC you live in westbury. Check out www.autox4u.com Thats where we post almost all local events for you. Too bad you decided to start late in the season.

You can check out www.motorsportsne.com as well for our events.
    2000 M Coupe
    [Always in progress !!!]

My Cars
    e30M3, Jeep GC, 2.5RS
    Saturday Morning. Ask for GJ and tell him I sent you to learn how to autocross. He's faster than just about everyone out there.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=598190