Thread: tire offset question

My Cars
    E36 M3, E46 325I

tire offset question

I need some help here guys. I have a set of 18" Millie Miglga rims with tires (225/40/18)from my 95 M3 and I tried to put them on my 02 325I. after the installation, it looks good, but the first thing I notice was that the steering wheel was pulling to the left and the right a lot more than normal. I thought the wheels are making the 325I more sensitive to the road. But then the Engine warning light came on, so I had to take tem off. The warning light was gone right away.
    I called up tirerack, they told me that the offset was different. M3 is 40 offset, and 325i is 47. But it should still work. I know many ppl put M wheels on other 3 series.
    Can anyone help me with this? I already bought a set of wheels on my M3, and was planning on switching the Millie Miglia on the 325I, but now it looks like I am gonna have to get rid of them
    Thanks,
    Kingkongmmm
    Simon
    E36 M3 Cosmo Black
    E46 325I Steel Blue
    [img]http://www.roadfly.org/bmw/gallery/picture.php?path=11853,1;-45,1;[img]

My Cars
    MZ4C, Veloster, Tucson
    The steering sensitivity is called TRAMLINING. Happens with ALL larger diameter wheels. Live with it.

The tire rack guys are right. It should still work with a 7 mm difference in offset. I think the check engine light is a completely un-related problem...Why would a wheel problem show up as check engine light? Are you sure it's not the DSC/ABS warning, which would make so much more sense?
    "Bench racing" about track times driven by professionals are like a bunch of nerds arguing which Princess Leia is hotter, the slave Leia or the no-bra jail-bait Leia. No matter how compelling your argument is, the plain and simple fact is, none of you will EVER get to hit that.