Thread: Thrumming Noise and Other Questions

My Cars
    240SX, RRC,M3

Thrumming Noise and Other Questions

When I'm driving, there seems to be an abnormal amount of road noise. I think it's my wheel bearings, more specifically my right wheel bearings, that are making this noise. When I am turning left, thus transferring weight to the right side, the thrumming gets louder. When I am turning right, the thrumming stops completely. Am I right about my diagnosis?
    Also, when my car is up in the air, anything I should check for? Abraided lines or anything? My car is a '90 325i 2-door... it's been taken care of all its life, but it had a little off-road excursion back in September and I'm wondering if I should check anything. It used to wander and the steering wheel vibrated, but that disappeared when I got new tires.
    Also, is rear wheel hop a sign of bad shocks? Example: On my way to school I have to go across this one intersection. In the middle there is a relatively small pothole. If I hit it while accelerating, I can feel the tire jump right afterwards. Is this normal? I know the car's 12 (or 13) years old and I don't think it's ever had the shocks replaced. Is this something I should do soon? It also has problems with bump-steering mid-corner. Shocks? Bushings? Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Culver
    1992 Nissan 240SX Track Rat
    1998 M3/4/5 74k mile daily driver
    1990 325i Manual Sedan Project

My Cars
    240SX, RRC,M3
    Oh, and today I found out that applying power while turning makes me start to oversteer... kinda disconcerting, but nothing big. I'm definitely thinking that my suspension's shot. Damn.
    1992 Nissan 240SX Track Rat
    1998 M3/4/5 74k mile daily driver
    1990 325i Manual Sedan Project