Thread: Another new Bimmer owner intro thread...

My Cars
    1992 BMW 525i

Another new Bimmer owner intro thread...

After lurking the past few weeks learning everything I could pre-purchase, I just wanted to make my official 1st post from a brand-new BMW owner. I finally pulled the trigger yesterday on a '92 e525i and am ready to join in the fray!

She's a little high on the miles (172k) but is one of the cleanest '92 vehicles I've ever laid eyes on. Interior is black leather and it is almost flawless, no rips/tears/wearspots at all. Exterior is straight as a pin, and the paint is in excellent shape except for the hood, which needs a good buffing to remove some hard-water spots. I will be the 3rd owner, with the previous owners had it for 6 years, and the original california retired couple had it since new. I have all maint. logs and it looks as if both owners maintained it religiously.

Here's some pics, I have not done any detailing or cleaning yet, these are immediately post-handoff:

Edit: Guess not, don't have sufficient permissions to post pics. Sorry about that...

I look forward to learning a lot from the regulars about my new toy. While not new to the car bug (I used to restore/show 60's era musclecars until marriage/kids got in the way...) I am new to the whole European car thing, so I'm starting over a little.

Edit: Geez, It's a 525i, not a 535i. It's bad enough I mistyped it in the post, but i did it on my profile as well. It's been a long week... =)
    Last edited by MadJeff; 09-07-2006 at 07:31 PM.

My Cars
    1997 Dinan SC M3/4 5spd; Infiniti I-35; Pathfinder
    hey man ... welcome to the boards. sounds like you have a great car there. congrats. dont worry about the mileage .. 535's are known to have bulletproof motors. i love the lines on the e34 535 ... nice choice !!!!

1997 M3/4 5spd: Dinan Supercharged; Vortech V2 SQ; AA Tuned; Stromung exhaust; Cross-drilled rotors; Bilstiens; NO SUNROOF; Manual non-heated seats; 3.38 LSD; only 56k miles young!!!
    Pics: http://summer2006-m3pics.mypicgallery.com/ Pics: http://m3-pics2.mypicgallery.com/ Pics: http://m3-pics.mypicgallery.com/

My Cars
    '04 530i
    you mind if I ask what you picked it up for? Nice car choice, if I weren't so hung up on the 6-speed i would definately get a 535i with the manual tranny. yours a manual?

welcome, there's alot of knowledge and first hand experience here at this forum, alot of questions can be aswered just by using the search button along the top of the forum pages. fyi, you need something like 15 posts to post pictures.

Josh
    Perfect '95 540i/6, 1 of 1357. 73k original miles (when purchased). Z4 short shift. Alusil block, replaced @ 50k. clear corners and sides.

My Cars
    1992 MauritiusBlau ///M5 - 2001 OrientBlau 740iS

My Cars
    A Beamer & a Bentley
    Welcome to bf.c! You definitely purchased a great car.

My Cars
    1992 BMW 525i
    Thanks all for the welcome!. I drove the girl over to the Oregon coast this weekend to get a feel for the car, and plan to change all the fluids tomorrow. She was purring like a kitten, but I did notice some front-end noise while going over bumps, going to get under and see what's loose.

And for everyone asking, I paid $4500, a little higher than I wanted too but it was soo damn clean inside and out. Between that and my wife pushing me to get a car purchased so she could have hers back, I had to make a decision.

And yes, it's going to get lowered, although not too much. What's a good spring kit for these e34's that will drop an inch or so but still give a good ride?

My Cars
    A Beamer & a Bentley

My Cars
    1992 525i
    Congrats on the new purchase. Post pics soon!

My Cars
    E61 530xi
    Welcome