Thread: 1995 325 automatic low boost tech questions

My Cars
    B6 S4, e36 M3,

1995 325 automatic low boost tech questions

I am decently knowledgable and have built a FI speed density based car, which I still have, but I have never messed with a MAF car before.

With that said I have a few fairly basic BMW FI questions. (yes I have read the FAQ)

The car is an automatic and I already have a fast FI car so I would like to keep the boost around 5-6psi. (probably 5)

Questions:

1.Manifold. Where can I get a decent turbo manifold flanged for a T3 and a Tial 38mm wastegate? can be cast or tubular.

2.MAF. Will the stock MAF handle 5-6psi. If not is there a DIY rework, or will I have to replace the MAF.

3.Injectors. stockers around 220cc?? I havn't checked out the calculations yet, but how much power will the stockers handle at around 85-90% duty cycle. If larger injectors are required what is a common upgrade.

4. Fuel pump. Kind of goes hand in hand with the Injectors. How well would the stock pump deliver in a setup like this. Should I just go straight for the 255lph? and If i did would this raise fuel pressure enough to just use the stock injectors for this setup?

4.Oil delivery. I see most people use the VANOS to deliver the oil, what about the return line? do you return directly to the oil pan? What material is the pan made of?

5.Engine Management. Looking for the cheapest possible route here, since it is only 5-6psi and I will never be going over that. I have never messed with an AFC before, but i think it might work for this setup; although timing options would be nice?Opinions please.

6. Turbo. I am looking for something probably smaller than the norm. I want it to hold boost until redline and I do not want tq to peak badly. I am not really sure how the 2.5 reacts to certain sizes, but I am thinking something along the lines of a T3/To4b possibly smaller. Think cheap here also. Oil cooled only thrust bearing.

7. Intercooler and charge piping. Long shot here, but does anyone sell a pre-fab piping kit for a good deal.b

8. Tranny. I have been told this tranny's design specs say its good for 300tq, Is there a tranny cooler on the car from the factory? Also, would it be wise to use a tranny chip?

I'm sure I will think of more questions and will update if this gets some attention.

I already have a wideband and all the other turbo goodies for tuning purposes.

Feel free to chime in with whatever, I am here to learn about BMW FI, If you think there is something I need to know please post

My Cars
    92´325ic turbo, 07´335i coupe
    i could drive about 5 miles with automatic m20b25 ( 4hp22)
    then it was back to garage and fitting clutch pedal
    tranny was freshly rebuilt and run n/a fine for month so no mistakes were made during rebuilding
    it started slipping when changing gears, maybe it was because of 4,10 diff ratio- revs came up so quickly it hadnt got even chance to engage next gear

i use gt28rs ( ,82ar turbine)with 0,8bar internal wg, almost instant responce
    so be careful, maybe bigger turbo that builds pressure smoothly will be better
    for automatic car, but not sure about this
    stock pump is good for your application if its in good condition. check how much voltage drop is on factory wires, if more than 0,5v, install better +wire,
    here lies atleast 10 percent fuel delivery

My Cars
    B6 S4, e36 M3,
    Thank you for your input, up for some more help

Mitch is offline for science, you monster Secret Santa Deadbeat
    My Cars
    cars
    That is a nortoriously weak transmission. 300tq my foot. Those things start to die on stock NA cars after 140k miles of reasonable driving with stock power. Mine took a dump at 160k.

There is an ATF cooler built into the radiator.