Thread: M5 Suspension Parts on 528i?

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo

M5 Suspension Parts on 528i?

deleted
    Last edited by pbonsalb; 11-17-2007 at 07:56 AM.

My Cars
    m52 powered
    about all that will work from the m5 is the rear swaybar.

Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    Are used M5 struts, shocks and springs an upgrade for a 528i or do they raise the ride height due to the lower weight of the 528i or not fit for some other reason? I am interested in handling improvements that are not too expensive or radical. Should I stick with Konis or Bilsteins and aftermarket swaybars? The car is driven year round in New England, so I don't want to lower it much. Philip Bradley
    If you do not already have a sport suspension you could p/u one fairly cheap. Get the springs and shocks and the front and rear bars if you can, not everyone dumps their bars though. Or throw on a rear M5 bar or best a set of Eibach bars. The Eibach bars will literally transform your ride.

Tires are always the first thing to look at if you are running factory size cheapos. A set of good performance tires with at least a UHP rating or better yet a Max rating if you can afford them.

A good tire trick is to get a tire that is the next size wider and the next aspect ratio smaller than the factory size. For example if factory size is 245/45-17 then go to 255/40-17 or even two aspect ratios smaller like a 255/35-17. You'll be OK as long as the tire diameter doesn't vary by more than 0.300" from the factory size.
    Frank
    540/6

Race/Street Rubber Z1 Star, 275/35-18 Front & Rear, Eibach Sways Front & Rear, Cut and Formed OEM Sport Springs, Bilstein Sports, Go-Go-Ware, ATE disks w/SS lines & HPS pads, UUC SS, CDV, White/Tan, Bling free and Stealthy.