Thread: Putting sport package shocks on 1997 non sport package 318i...

My Cars
    1998 528i & 1997 318i

Putting sport package shocks on 1997 non sport package 318i...

Will Putting sport package shocks on 1997 non sport package 318i do any damage? I purchased both shocks & they look identicle? Should I put the non sport ones on (more expensive for some reason?) or the Sport ones on? I am gonna return which ever ones I dont use...I am leaning towards using the Sport ones but do not want to damage anuything!
    Vettes & Bimmers rule!

My Cars
    '05 997 C2, '15 JKU
    yes... it will likely blow out the shocks relatively quickly. why? because you are asking the shock is likely too short to have the correct range of travel available...

better option: Bilstien Tourings... damping more like the sport shocks, but long enough for non-sport springs.
    this space reserved for pissing off liberals...

ronthebabboonslayer: "helmet guy's post is far from polluting"

My Cars
    1998 528i & 1997 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
    yes... it will likely blow out the shocks relatively quickly. why? because you are asking the shock is likely too short to have the correct range of travel available...

better option: Bilstien Tourings... damping more like the sport shocks, but long enough for non-sport springs.
    I have both shocks in my hand (sport & NON SPORT) they are identicle other then the #'s on them that you have to look for to see.
    Vettes & Bimmers rule!

My Cars
    5/94 Euro 325i coupe
    There's not much difference between the sport and the non-sport suspension, AFAIK the springs are just lower and that's all (not even stiffer enough to notice a difference). You will not blow out anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ClintonM3 View Post
    the Audi A4 is a tweaked, cosmetically enhanced, cross platform, put-together overnight VW.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeuser528e View Post
    Staggard setups are for cars that you park at show meets. They go well with 5 screens and 3 12"s.

My Cars
    TSX
    I agree with daved. I have friends that slam there cars with stock shocks and they still last for a while

My Cars
    There will be no benefit to using OEM sports or regular. I'd go with Bilsteins though regardless. OEM shocks suck.

My Cars
    1998 528i & 1997 318i
    Thanks guys...I would go bilstiens if it was my Vette but the 318i is my wifes daily driver...
    Vettes & Bimmers rule!